Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » FIFA Soccer 13 » What EA need to do to make the game better » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Hey!

Please read the FIFA 13 Rules and Guidelines before posting to ensure that your posts do not breach any of the existing sitewide or forum-specific rules and regulations.

Also, it is extremely beneficial to everyone if posts are easy to read and comprehend. Correct spelling and basic punctuation make posts seem less clustered and promotes a good image of the poster. Additionally, it is easier to get your point across if your post is easy to understand.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Jul 17, 12 at 10:35amD3structor

Obviously, I don't work for EA, but I wonder what people on this forum would like for FIFA 13?? i know we had a wishlist which is still open in the FIFA 12 forum, and you can go and post a message if you'd like; but that descended into chaos.

I don't want 'Cristiano Ronaldo on the cover' or 'Messi to be 99' any shite suggestions like this will be ignored and classed as whines for attention lol. I want good, constructive suggestions, and possibly a reason behind your suggestions.

thanks.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 22, 12 at 3:01am
D3structor

quote levimorman54
quote Deano
Beg for this every year and every year get nothing, but might as well mention it again - atmosphere.

Have the crowd actually make loud noises, reacting to events on the pitch. If I score an 90th minute winner in the F.A Cup semi-final, my supporters should be going mental, not just a gentle cheer. Pisses me right off.
haha I feel you on this one, and WHY NOT THROW A STREAKER INA GAME EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE?!? Anyone feel me on this?
No, coz the game has to remain a 3. doesn't it, plus, the streaker joke ended a long time ago.

I do want loud noises tbh though.

Jul 21, 12 at 11:41pm
levimorman54

quote Deano
Beg for this every year and every year get nothing, but might as well mention it again - atmosphere.

Have the crowd actually make loud noises, reacting to events on the pitch. If I score an 90th minute winner in the F.A Cup semi-final, my supporters should be going mental, not just a gentle cheer. Pisses me right off.
haha I feel you on this one, and WHY NOT THROW A STREAKER INA GAME EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE?!? Anyone feel me on this?

Jul 21, 12 at 11:32pm
levimorman54

quote C0N0RH_AFC
I'd like to be able to design your own kits and badges on UT, and include International teams' badges and kits.
I fully agree with this, ALSO I think there should be allowed trading like on madden ultimate team, not just between friends but between complete strangers, anyone else agree?

Jul 21, 12 at 3:47pm
C0N0RH_AFC

I think EA need to at least tweak the whole shooting and finishing aspect. Volleying aside, it's been the same for the past two games, i.e finesse into coner, or smash near post etc. I'm not saying it's bad, just needs a new 'fresh' feel imo.

As for the long-range shooting, I'd like it to be improved aswell. To be able to get a decent shot in when under pressure or grappled etc, cos atm you seem to have to be sprinting and in loads of space to score. when you try to shoot when you haven't directly got the ball under control like from a reboud alot of the time you will never even get it on target, unless you fluke it. (scripting perhaps?)

I want to be able to use different techniques when shooting, not just the standard laces shot and the finesse into the far corner.

There just seems to be very few goals scored from long range, need much more variation in general, most goals scored in fifa are either 1 on 1's with the keeper, or headers from crosses and corners. I would like to see more shots go through the keepers legs, or shot that the keeper get a hand to but can't keep it out etc.

Jul 21, 12 at 8:43am
Tommy Vercetti

I also hated that about playing 2nd division teams. All their passes are perfect and it's like all their players hsve Messi's dribbling ability.

Jul 21, 12 at 7:54am
Deakin69

Stop the scripted gameplay...where cpu always scores in the last moments of the match. Definitely some scripting in Fifa 12. They obviously try to add drama but should not be every game.

Improve the atmosphere, derby games should be different and cup finals etc. More banners and flags in the crowd, plus an actual crowd that you can see. I think atmosphere could be drastically improved with a bit of imagination.

Introduce lower leagues like Blue Square etc.

Teams that have qualified for CL etc in real life should be put into the competition on 1st season rather than having to play a season first!

Gameplay - don't make league 2 teams play like Barcelona, with every pass etc been perfect. This has been a problem for years (and PES is the opposite where everyone except Ronaldo, Messi etc are complete donkeys).

That is all I can think of for now, I thought Fifa 12 was pretty good overall, with the manager mode been more enjoyable, the game been difficult on world class/legendary (if a little scripted).

One final note - individuality. Make teams more like real life in the way they play. Also player individuality as touched on above, league 2 players should not be able to whip the ball around like premier league teams.

Jul 20, 12 at 12:30pm
Deano

Jul 20, 12 at 12:17pm
JonesLFC

quote TommyVercetti101
Nah they need to back to FIFA09. Back when I coukd play FIFA for 8 hours straight.
Oh, it's 09 i'm thinking of is it? So they've messed up 3 games since then? Wow, even worse. Actually yeah that makes sense, Euro 08 was one of my faves.

Jul 20, 12 at 8:59am
Yicker_Latic

In career mode make it so that the teams that are in Europe be in Europe first season.
Also make it possible to get an international job.
Make the transfers vary I don't want to see the same players going to the same teams every time I start a new career mode.
Make the prices and budgets etc more realistic.
Just a few things there are probably more that could be improved but I can't think off the top of my head.

Jul 20, 12 at 8:54am
D I O S

quote Guugley
*bleep* realism, seriously. The defending on Fifa 12 is absolute dogshite. Players don't slide tackle at all, they drop on the spot and hardly ever get to the ball. Do away with scripting/momentum, make the game quicker and more arcade-like, make the gameplay quicker and make slide tackles actually slide a fair distance.

Fun > Realism.

I've got a shitload more things to complain about but not worth my time listing it all. Fifa 09 has been the only great Fifa game in a decade, the rest have been average or worse.
My big problem with realism is that half of it's realistic and half of it isn't. If my teammates reacted realistically when defending I'd be fine with 'realistic' defending. But they constantly let players stand in yards of space, or run completely free. Either make it all realistic or make none of it (to an extent), not this half and half that jolts you out of realism every time your team mates act like utter morons marking free space.

Past that:
  • Not having all my *bleep*ing tall players in the wall for freekicks so that my two centrebacks and defensive midfielder aren't in the box and so my tiny winger is marking their 6'4" lump of a centre-half.
  • Making my 6'2" 95 heading accuracy striker go for crosses and not my tiny winger try and out-jump their 6'4" lump of a centre-half.
  • Goal-kicks going further than only just inside the oppositions half so that if I don't win it it doesn't instantly start a counter attack cause both my defensive midfielders push up to the half way line leaving their strikers and attacking midfield in 10 yards of space.
  • Bring back 09 clubs, that shit worked, it was fun and fair-ish.