Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Android General Discussion » Upgrade time! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 17, 12 at 8:05amMr Apples

So I'm due an upgrade at the end of August and I have no idea what phone to get! I'm stuck between the Galaxy S3, the One X or just waiting for whatever new phones come out - iPhone 5 maybe?

Are there any phones coming out soon that are worth waiting for? If not, Galaxy S3 or One X?

Btw, I'm fairly impatient so I don't really want to be waiting for more than a month-ish.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 28, 12 at 4:32pm
Mr Apples

Spent most of the day playing around with it now and it's just awesome. Can handle anything I throw at it, battery is good, screen is amazing, aesthetics are much better than I thought and just generally a great phone. The step up from single core to quad core is huge, everything happens instantly and smoothly. Really glad I decided to go for the s3, can't imagine any other phone apart from the One X being this good. Phone looks more than capable of lasting 2 years without a danger of being outdated.

Cheers for the advice guys. If anyone is due an upgrade soon then don't hesitate to go for the s3.

Jul 27, 12 at 5:23pm
walnuts

quote MrApples
Galaxy S3 should be arriving tomorrow. £28 for 300 minutes and unlimited texts and internet. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. The best thing is though, my credit check got declined for some reason so my dad is insisting he pays every month!

This might be a bit geeky and sad, but there aren't many better feelings than seeing a delivery van pull up outside your house to deliver you a phone.
Man, I agree with you 110% :>!

Good luck with the phone, let us know how it handles! I'm running the Galaxy SII and if it's anything like that, you'll be a very happy man.

Jul 27, 12 at 2:12pm
Mr Apples

Galaxy S3 should be arriving tomorrow. £28 for 300 minutes and unlimited texts and internet. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. The best thing is though, my credit check got declined for some reason so my dad is insisting he pays every month!

This might be a bit geeky and sad, but there aren't many better feelings than seeing a delivery van pull up outside your house to deliver you a phone.

Jul 23, 12 at 5:27am
Nagare

Then go ahead and grab the Square. If you root and flash it, you'll easily have the best phone available right now. The screen is 4.8" already which is huge.

Jul 23, 12 at 3:20am
Mr Apples

I might wait for the Galaxy Note 2. I know it has a humongous screen but that's kind of what I like about it. Don't know if I can wait that long though, release date hasn't even been set but it's expected at the end of August-ish.

Edit: It's expected to be showcased at the end of August and released in September. Cba to wait that long.

Jul 17, 12 at 5:21pm
walnuts

Can't go wrong with the SIII in my humble nutty opinion. You're right though, you'll be waiting forever if you're after the next big thing in technology.

Jul 17, 12 at 3:12pm
Nagare

I already voiced my support in favor of the next Nexus

As for the iPhone expect more of the same but with a smaller screen. Its got a more cohesive feel with iOS but I like the uniqueness of Android compared to my iPad which I still do enjoy.

Jul 17, 12 at 11:41am
Celes Leonhart

I changed my contract to £30/m and got the S3 for a one-off £30. I thought it was a good deal. iPhones I have no interest in.

Jul 17, 12 at 10:21am
Mr Apples

I'm not too fussed about updates. It's not something that'd sway me towards a phone.

The thing putting me off the S3 is its build quality and the thing putting me off the One X is the fact that it has no SD slot.

EDIT: Okay, out of the two I think I prefer the S3. I've had issues with HTC devices before and the S3 just feels more 'stable'. Plus I've never owned a Samsung phone before and it's probably about time considering all the hype they get. Heard a few things about the One X's battery life which sealed the deal for me. So the question now is do I just go for the S3 or wait longer for the next Nexus Device or any other phone that you guys think is worth waiting for.

I'm not too keen on waiting, there's always gonna be an exciting phone coming out around the corner so I generally just go for what's hot atm. I'm tempted to see what the iPhone 5 has to offer though.

Jul 17, 12 at 10:12am
tommex

They're both amazing phones, so you're in safe hands either way. Development wise, the GSIII will probably see more in the way of custom ROMS.