Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Lollipop Chainsaw » Worth Getting? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 16, 12 at 11:09pmTripleDX

im thinking about getting this game, i have hered mixed reviews about it so ill ask you guys! Is is worth getting this game? What is good/bad about it?

Thanks

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 13, 12 at 11:19pm
bigben4879

It's totally worth playing. Dunno if you'd want to purchase at full price.

Jul 22, 12 at 9:33am
TripleDX

Thanks for the reply guys

the reason why i didnt rent was because it was on sale and im busy with uni so i was hoping to buy it and just play it whenever!

Jul 19, 12 at 1:54am
Kokoro

Yeah, I think it was worth it. I got it for $45 on Amazon. If you like beat 'em ups and the idea of killing zombies with a chainsaw and don't mind that some of the gameplay is slightly slow, I would check it out. If you are still in doubt, you could also rent it first.

Jul 17, 12 at 10:41am
Stitch

It was worth it for me, I enjoyed the game, still am, so many costumes to buy, I'm even surprised that after a couple of playthroughs I still unlock some things, but still need to buy them with coins.

Music is awesome, the game is funny, or rather immature, if you like.

The game is kinda different from the rest, I mean, you're a cheerleader killing zombies with a chainsaw on her 18th birthday, well, that's new.

Girl power!

Here's a review video:

Jul 17, 12 at 12:10am
Paper Fox

Since it's still fairly new, I'd advise against buying a new copy outright. Either rent, or wait for the price to drop, since there isn't THAT much replayability to this game.
I did like the game, but I paid just under 70AUS and I do regret paying that much...the game gives you a lot to see and look at, but in terms of core gameplay it's just...lacking.

You'll probably get a lot of bias since this is the LC forum and all, but I'll give you my own personal pros and cons.

Pros:
The game is way cute. Visually pretty in terms of bright colours and sparkles and shiny things.
Music is ACE!
Nick is an awesome character, as well as Roselia. Juliet herself is adorable, but is pretty much your stock standard bimbo. Juliet's Dad is hilarious.
Not too much cerebral involvement required.

Cons:
Technically speaking, the graphics aren't top of the line.
Camera tends to spaz out and at times can actively work against you.
If you don't like sexist or juvenile dialogue, this game ain't for you.
The game doesn't do a fantastic job of explaining controls. During the game Juliet's phone rings, but most of the time you can't answer it. Took me a long time to figure that out.
Combat is usually quite sluggish.
Upgrades are nice, but unnecessary.

Play this if you like:
Cheerleaders with big boobies and short short skirts
Button-mashing your way to victory
Pop culture
Music (wide range from the standard "Oh Lolli Lollipop" song to Skrillex)

Jul 16, 12 at 11:09pm
TripleDX

im thinking about getting this game, i have hered mixed reviews about it so ill ask you guys! Is is worth getting this game? What is good/bad about it?

Thanks