Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time » Vita Compatibility » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 16, 12 at 10:10amdaveyd

News from the Atlus USA forums is that Gungnir is now working on the Vita, a little over a month after it's release. However, it sounds like it isn't up on the Vita PSN store yet, so it can only be played by downloading it on the PS3 and then transferring the the Vita. It seems Sony has to approve PSP games before they work on the Vita; this is probably due to a concern over possible hacking exploits.

I'm guessing we can expect a similar delay before Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is playable on the Vita. Of course this isn't an issue for anyone who has a PSP, but I know there are some people out there who only have a Vita.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 05, 12 at 10:58pm
Duncan Idaho

quote daveyd
As of the most recent PSN update, WoT is now downloadable on the North American Vita store.
i confirm this i got a mail from atlus today

Sep 05, 12 at 7:49pm
daveyd

As of the most recent PSN update, WoT is now downloadable on the North American Vita store.

Jul 18, 12 at 7:42pm
daveyd

quote izanagi_the_creator
quote daveyd
News from the Atlus USA forums is that Gungnir is now working on the Vita, a little over a month after it's release. However, it sounds like it isn't up on the Vita PSN store yet, so it can only be played by downloading it on the PS3 and then transferring the the Vita. It seems Sony has to approve PSP games before they work on the Vita; this is probably due to a concern over possible hacking exploits.

I'm guessing we can expect a similar delay before Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is playable on the Vita. Of course this isn't an issue for anyone who has a PSP, but I know there are some people out there who only have a Vita.

Seriously, most people wouldn't try to make custom firmware for the PSV when it costs like 300 dollars as that a minor issue may brick it. I have a Japanese PSP-3000 and it runs on official firmware v6.60 as that I had bought it 18000 yen. Besides, it is the only way to access the PSN store.
Yeah, I think Sony is being a bit paranoid about hacking. Unfortunately, I don't think they consider adding PSP games to the Vita Store a high priority. I hope for the sake of people who want this game and only have a Vita that they get it up quickly.

Jul 18, 12 at 1:32pm
izanagi_the_creator

quote daveyd

Seriously, most people wouldn't try to make custom firmware for the PSV when it costs like 300 dollars as that a minor issue may brick it. I have a Japanese PSP-3000 and it runs on official firmware v6.60 as that I had bought it 18000 yen. Besides, it is the only way to access the PSN store.

Jul 17, 12 at 9:12pm
kratoscar2011

quote daveyd

Then im good to go.

Jul 16, 12 at 10:10am
daveyd