Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy XIII-2 » Valfodr, how far did ya go » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Note: Before posting please look at the Forum Rules and Guidelines
Note:If asking for help please create a new thread to do so.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jul 12, 12 at 6:40pmDraigon

Hi, i allready posted on a topic ( about will there be a FFXIII-3 ) today, but as i was scaveging on the forum on answers, i did not see much about valfodr yet. So, my question, who got how far, because mine is now dorment at L70, and i am building on specific paragrim setups atm to beat him at L70. Because somehow, i am sure, that when you beat his ultimate form, we get even more info on what happens next.

So far i used the setup i also used for beating gilgamesh, but i keep changing my paragrim setup with the same mobs to get to the point i am now. And that point is Val at L70, less then 10% hp left ( the chicu spam he does gets really anoying, but tackled that one with a double COM MED Chicu ) but when mister "I AM THE KEEPER OF TIME" get below 10% he does a Ultimate attack, that has the same devastating effect as Sovrein Fist from snow. Tomorow i will try to see if i can when he does it exactly, then just before he starts chance to tortoise paragrim ( SEN SEN SEN ) and see if i can manage to survive that attack.... if anyone has tips, i am open for suggestions, atm i still using Chicu, Goblin chief and Cloudburst Ultimate build, while i am building Rav lightning, Com Lightning ( altho i still think due to the speed of attacks, chicu is still the better choice ) and Sen Snow ( Snow just got L13 with almost 20k HP lol, keep spamming Royal Ripeness unweakend for Vit Crystals )

to be continued

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 30, 12 at 2:07am
Crimson-Falcon

Valfodr is way overrated by SE

they said its the hardest boss and the like

while he is way easier than this guy

the hardest boss in the whole series

dont use yojimbo and see what this guy capable to do

Jul 14, 12 at 2:22am
R a i n

A Yellow Lock Ability can be unlocked by a similar type ability of equal or lower rank. So, a yellow locked HP+30% can be unlocked by infusing another HP +30% or lower (eg. HP+25%).

Jul 14, 12 at 1:35am
Draigon

allright, thx rain, looks like i need to spend time to build my lightnings, btw, when a abbility is YL you can unlock it to infuse it with same abbility right ?

Jul 14, 12 at 12:24am
R a i n

Who dares disturb my slumber?

Valfodr level 70 is easier to beat with Lightning (COM) than is with Chichu. See this video -

Valfodr level 99, is better fought with Chichu due to how little damage Valfodr takes. He strictly follows a pattern to his attacks, and hence is not that hard to take down. You can use the SEN SEN SEN paradigm to protect yourself from his Gagnrath attack. See the following videos for help.

Jul 13, 12 at 2:49am
Draigon

Yeah, but as far as i understood he took a break from the game a bit, i could be wrong tho

Jul 13, 12 at 12:13am
Vicarious

R A I N could definitely lend you some help.

Jul 12, 12 at 6:50pm
Scott

i beat valfodr at level 99. i did it ages ago now but i can't remember the exact paradigms i used. i can remember getting some help off some people here so maybe they will be able to help you.

Jul 12, 12 at 6:40pm
Draigon

Hi, i allready posted on a topic ( about will there be a FFXIII-3 ) today, but as i was scaveging on the forum on answers, i did not see much about valfodr yet. So, my question, who got how far, because mine is now dorment at L70, and i am building on specific paragrim setups atm to beat him at L70. Because somehow, i am sure, that when you beat his ultimate form, we get even more info on what happens next.

So far i used the setup i also used for beating gilgamesh, but i keep changing my paragrim setup with the same mobs to get to the point i am now. And that point is Val at L70, less then 10% hp left ( the chicu spam he does gets really anoying, but tackled that one with a double COM MED Chicu ) but when mister "I AM THE KEEPER OF TIME" get below 10% he does a Ultimate attack, that has the same devastating effect as Sovrein Fist from snow. Tomorow i will try to see if i can when he does it exactly, then just before he starts chance to tortoise paragrim ( SEN SEN SEN ) and see if i can manage to survive that attack.... if anyone has tips, i am open for suggestions, atm i still using Chicu, Goblin chief and Cloudburst Ultimate build, while i am building Rav lightning, Com Lightning ( altho i still think due to the speed of attacks, chicu is still the better choice ) and Sen Snow ( Snow just got L13 with almost 20k HP lol, keep spamming Royal Ripeness unweakend for Vit Crystals )

to be continued