Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » HR8. Requesting a little guidance, here. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Jul 12, 12 at 5:26amMarioJr64

Hi, all.

So I have finally took down the G-Rank Nargacuga, and have risen to HR8. However, I struggled terribly with the Narga and am a little stuck on what to do next. I figured and come and ask you helpfuls here for guidance. ^^

I'm still using Ceanataur S armour, because I like the skills, but it's probably done its time now. I'd like a new armour for HR8, like Narga X, but I don't have the time in my life to constantly farm him. As mentioned above, I struggled a lot with him, taking 45 minutes. What armours and weapons would you suggest in helping me to kill G-Rank monsters quicker, so I can enjoy the farming process?

As for guidance, again, struggling with Narga, what monsters in the G2star quests should I work on, first? I see easier ones, like the Ceanataur and Basarios, but I'm going to have to fight the harder ones sooner or later, but I don't want each to last over 40 minutes like the Narga did.

And finally, what is the average time to take down a G-Rank monster, without having full access to all the G-Rank weapons? I know some of you guys here have excellent kill times, but I need to know a time to try and achieve using the weapons I have access to right now.

Thanks in advance. I know these questions may have more than one answer, so I appreciate any help.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 19, 12 at 6:08pm
gn_x00

quote MarioJr64
right now I'm finding a good GS that I can use AoU with. The Narga GS already has 50% affinity, so I was thinking about going up the Blos or Tigrex path.
go with diablos path.
King Atillart Sword is the best raw GS with S+1, AoU.
Tigrex Supreme Sword is already purple sharpness. Using S+1 will be a waste of skill slots.

Ancient Dragonwood Cannon crushes any bloss.

Jul 19, 12 at 6:05am
MarioJr64

I suppose you have a point, nith. The GS is my primary Raw weapon, so having elemental weapons would be a good idea.

I normally use the range of a LS to my advantage, because I find if I use DS, I just get trampled. Trample damage is a huge problem for me; even when I use the LS, Narga always tramples me sooner or later.

I'll make that LS sometime, just for curiosity, but right now I'm finding a good GS that I can use AoU with. The Narga GS already has 50% affinity, so I was thinking about going up the Blos or Tigrex path.

Blos is a pain to kill, though.

Jul 18, 12 at 6:39am
nith

personally I don't see the point of LS unless you are taking advantage of the elemental attack types. In this case you can tailor your longsword choice to monster weakness.

High Raw is also more of a benefit for GS than LS. LS is better at quick pokes and fade slashes while you look for a spirit gauge opening. basically trying to get as many hits in with elemental to make a difference. imo duals are always better than LS unless you need range of slashes. I just love the look of LS's

I have the c.blango decimator and have never upgraded due to the negative affinity and only one weapon slot.elemental blades like the following,
ko dragonsword(i only have smolder), edelweiss blade, Atlantica, or wyvern blade silver/camelia
the last 2 of these have neutral affinity and 2 slots for gemming

Jul 16, 12 at 5:22am
gn_x00

never really use LS until G-Rank or so. I don't find them interesting enough to be played.
from what I see, LS has no special armor skill needed to give them a lot of power up (Art of Unsheathing on GS/AutoReload on BowGun/Focus, Capacity up on bow/SharpSword for DS)

so I will go with my S+1, SS, RA+3 armor (need 1 slot weapon. perfect for C.Blango Destructor)
Skull Face
Ceanataur U
Ceanataur U
Ceanataur Z
Ceanataur Z
1x Master Jewel 4x Celebrity Jewel 1x Expert Jewel

The def is a problem though. well... not if you don't get hit. most attack can one or two hit kill you in G-Rank rage mode anyway

Jul 15, 12 at 12:50pm
MarioJr64

Thanks, gn_x00, that's awesome advice. ^^ I've made the set you recommended, except, I kept my old Ceanataur S helmet and greaves and gemmed for the same skills you posted. Once I have the time, I'll farm the G-Rank Ceanataurs for the better armour.

I'll try to get that LS sometime, too.

Hopefully this will be my final question before I can take the rest of HR8 by myself: What armour would you suggest for LS?

Thanks again.

Jul 14, 12 at 7:26am
gn_x00

quote MarioJr64
I'm going to try Los now, and see how I do. If he's not too bad, I'll probably make his armour. Any more suggestions?
If you use Great Sword, Try to get Los Armor at all cost. his armor is one of the best armor for Great Sword in the game (not to mention it looks cool). gemmed for AuL, Sharpness+1 and Art of Unsheathing
you might get trouble to farm the heavenlies (need 2 for full set). you can change the helm and greaves so that you don't need any heavenlies
Ceanataur Z
Rathalos X
Rathalos X
Rathalos X
Ceanataur X
1x Master Jewel 1x Fierce Jewel 1x Attack Jewel 3x Artisan Jewel 1x Sword Draw Jewel
it will give AuM, S+1, AoU
while it can't reach AuL, it will be much faster than farming heavenlies (except you really are lucky)

to be honest, don't use any defensive set on GS. full offensive set can give you a guarantee 1 atk stagger that pretty much means you will have a lot of time to sheath and run from the dangerous zone. (except if you use underpowered GS)

if you can kill Copper blangonga, try making his longsword (from the normal blangonga path). it will end up being one of the bests raw long swords with sharpness+1 armor.

Jul 13, 12 at 5:16am
MarioJr64

quote gn_x00
Great Sword or Long Sword?
Wyvern Blade and TDS are longswords
Oops, my bad. Lazy typing.

I meant: Narga is my all round GS, and I like it the most, but I also use some LSs, like Wyvern Blade "Maple", TDS, and the Lao LS. I have some hammers, but I don't find them as fun to use.

Sorry about that. ^^

I'm going to try Los now, and see how I do. If he's not too bad, I'll probably make his armour. Any more suggestions?

Jul 12, 12 at 6:06pm
gn_x00

quote MarioJr64
I mostly play as blademaster, and I use most weapons, but my favourite is GS. I have the Narga GS, Wyvern Blade "Maple", True Devil Slicer. I also have some hammers, but I don't enjoy playing with them as much.
Great Sword or Long Sword?
Wyvern Blade and TDS are longswords

quote MarioJr64
I'm currently running Ceanataur S with Atk Up L, Sharpness +1, Speed Sharpening, -20 defence.

Ceanataur Z looks good, and I'll probably ignore the def penalty, but I also like the look of the Los armour's skills. However, Los might take a long time to farm.

Any more armour/weapon suggestions? How difficult is the G-Rank Los? ^^
G-Rank Los is still easy with Great Sword. almost no different than high rank one, just more HP, more Atk, more fast and more annoying

Jul 12, 12 at 4:39pm
MarioJr64

nith gn_x00

Thanks for the help so far.

I've just beaten the Terra Ceanataur. I might get his armour, like you suggested, but my first run took 38 mins. Still, a lot of that time went to me killing the small pests and trying to heal from his water beam, which I didn't see coming at all. I also had to adjust to a different way of fighting the Ceanataur, so I could avoid the beam, which took time. I was using the TDS, and am hoping to upgrade to the wailing cleaver, so hopefully my next run will be quicker.

Also, how do you avoid his side step swipe, but the one where he moves lightning fast?

I mostly play as blademaster, and I use most weapons, but my favourite is GS. I have the Narga GS, Wyvern Blade "Maple", True Devil Slicer. I also have some hammers, but I don't enjoy playing with them as much.

I'm currently running Ceanataur S with Atk Up L, Sharpness +1, Speed Sharpening, -20 defence.

Ceanataur Z looks good, and I'll probably ignore the def penalty, but I also like the look of the Los armour's skills. However, Los might take a long time to farm.

Any more armour/weapon suggestions? How difficult is the G-Rank Los? ^^

Jul 12, 12 at 8:51am
gn_x00

quote MarioJr64
What armours and weapons would you suggest in helping me to kill G-Rank monsters quicker, so I can enjoy the farming process?
it depend on your weapon preference. good recommendations might be different for different class weapon.
Example. Elemental atk up on bowgun are good, but bad in Great sword or hammer

quote MarioJr64
As for guidance, again, struggling with Narga, what monsters in the G2star quests should I work on, first? I see easier ones, like the Ceanataur and Basarios, but I'm going to have to fight the harder ones sooner or later, but I don't want each to last over 40 minutes like the Narga did.

And finally, what is the average time to take down a G-Rank monster, without having full access to all the G-Rank weapons? I know some of you guys here have excellent kill times, but I need to know a time to try and achieve using the weapons I have access to right now.
the first time I reached HR 8... I kill Narga in around 25-30 min with high rank narga Great Sword (I used to use Narga armor. So the damage output is quite bad because of the lack of offensive skill ).

if you can see Ceanataur as easy, you should farm it first. its armor are quite good. (especially the Terra Shogun)
the average with high rank gear (from my experience) is around 25-35 min (HR 7-8). getting your G-Rank weapon will cut it down to around 15-25 min.

What is your weapon type preference and what are you using now (the weapon name)? I might be able to help more depending on your answer

other than that, kill anything you can see as easy, and make the weapon. g-rank weapons usually are better than high rank afterall. well... there are some exception, but generally g-rank weapon>high rank weapon