Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Help!! Approaching Gaoren! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 12, 12 at 1:57amSavirez

That carapaceon won't give up easily. But now, my old friend has become stronger and that thing will attack the fortress as his next target!! I can't beat him now... Please help! That thing is now squash me like a tomato!! What equipment do you reccomended? My equipment is full Diablos D armor, and i' am using wyvern blade "Blood. Any tips will be very helpfull.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 13, 12 at 9:47pm
Savirez

Thanks guys! I'm going to try it out

Jul 13, 12 at 5:04am
nith

ah my bad i didn't clock tht it was hr3.

I've always been told that anti dragon bomb was more hassle than its worth in terms of damage dealt vs time taken. just leave it alone and try the fire dragon sword or the blade blood with blango armour. I made the blango armour and reused it for several village and hr3 shen. it makes so much difference to the amount of time you have to deal damage. just learn the way the legs move and just do one combo on the leg then roll away. but focus on each leg until it changes colour to bright red then move to the next leg then when all legs are bright red start again.

when it falls if you get squashed you shouldn't die from one hit just keep your health up with potions and go for the face when it falls to do max dmg. I used barrel bmb + on hr3 shen's face when it falls.

Jul 12, 12 at 11:20pm
Savirez

I'm still HR 3, but I have a Fire Dragonsword. I just can't get the last material: Teostra horn.
what weapon do you recommended? For Range weapon I have azure sakura, and Black bow II.
I just thinking that the Black bow didn't have a lv3 charge so if you recommended a bow, maybe you can tell me what armor I should use for the skills. I know that Carnage armor has the capacity skills, but I don't want to waste my Rathalos plate. also, I have an armor set which will give you Adrenaline +2, and Reckless abandon +1. But I never managed to survive a single hit because my HP is below 40% and also, can you tell me how to place the anti dragon bomb? because every time I jump on its back shell, I always go down and got squashed again and again

Jul 12, 12 at 9:12pm
PhantomTsuki

Uhh, guys, I don't think he can get Smoulder Dragonsword if he's still at HR 3. I would definitely recommend low-rank Blango for its Quake Res. I gemmed it to Sword Sharpener because he [/i]is[i] an elder dragon, and can take a lot of damage before falling. A better place to hit would be right inside the shell. Whenever it falls, go to the right side, and roll where the legs meets the body. You would get right inside his shell, and attack the round blob that is his weak point. If you have Whetstones and Eternal Strife, I strongly suggest you go with that, and get Sword Sharpener. If you don't, either Sanctioned Gunhammer(Nekoht) or the Blazing Falchion/Wyvern Blade Fall would work. Keep attacking one leg until it's red, rinse and repeat. When all legs are red, attack the leg you started attacking, and all of the legs should return to original color. It will also fall down for a long time. After three times of reverting back to original color, it only takes about three or so hits to kill. Good luck.

Jul 12, 12 at 6:06am
nith

Shen is also weak to dragon so Smolder dragonsword is slightly better than the wbb.

I actually got so pissed off with quake that i used the lowrank blango armour (quake resistance) and smolder with usual strength buffs and that was enough. Keep attacking the legs until they go bright red then move to the next one. then when he falls go spirit gauge crazy on his face and repeat.

Jul 12, 12 at 5:02am
blackomega34

I suggest Gunning him, the Gaoren is incredibly tall and you get very few and short opportunities to melee him. I Suggest the best HBG you can get (whichever it is, i used raven heirloom but it was very bad) and stack up on pierce and crag and clust shots but get everything you can that is not pellet. just get within a comfortable range and keep firing until he gets away, get on the bridges and aim for the face. Also, use the dragonator in the end when he crouches down to do his spit attack (the one where his skull shell opens and shoots a green blast at the fort)
Good luck.

Jul 12, 12 at 1:57am
Savirez

That carapaceon won't give up easily. But now, my old friend has become stronger and that thing will attack the fortress as his next target!! I can't beat him now... Please help! That thing is now squash me like a tomato!! What equipment do you reccomended? My equipment is full Diablos D armor, and i' am using wyvern blade "Blood. Any tips will be very helpfull.