Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Tekken Characters to Be In Smash Brothers? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Jul 10, 12 at 3:15pmGotenks

“That question was one of the most frequently asked questions we got when we announced the project. Especially from abroad.”

“The fans, rather than asking about Tales or Gundam, or some of our other franchises, the fans abroad saw Tekken as one of the key words and took off on that.”

“We’re not really sure at this moment but when thinking of the playerbase who is playing Smash Bros, maybe Tekken characters is something they wouldn’t want, so I’ve been pulling back on that a bit. But I don’t know.”
Source

As most already know, Namco is working on the Smash Brother games now which has people asking about Tekken characters and people throwing Tekken characters out there that could be added.

Kind of surprised that Tekken has been asked more about than Tales tbh.

Thoughts?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 24, 12 at 9:05am
GaTheZakk

Good point, that happened in Street Fighter cross Tekken, where Yoshimitsu appeared as he did in Tekken 3.

Jul 24, 12 at 1:57am
Kokoro

quote GaTheZakk
Acually Yoshimitsu appears differently in every game he's in, so Yoshimitsu might have a new Super Smash Bros 4 look.
I doubt that, since this is not even a Tekken or Soul Calibur game. I think they would just go with whatever his current design when this comes out or maybe have different costumes to choose from.

Jul 23, 12 at 2:20pm
BlueLore

or he could simply go with his most recent outfits from both tekken and soul calibur.

Jul 22, 12 at 8:03am
GaTheZakk

Acually Yoshimitsu appears differently in every game he's in, so Yoshimitsu might have a new Super Smash Bros 4 look.

Jul 17, 12 at 12:15am
Kokoro

Yoshimitsu has many outfits in both series though. I'm assuming they would just go with his most recent outfits.

Jul 15, 12 at 3:39am
BlueLore

yeah yoshimitsu could be a good choice.He could alter between his tekken-outfit and soul-calibur-outfit like wario with his two outfits(or get a new outfit anyway^^).Also I think it is easier to give him a moveset than jin or heihachi.

Jul 15, 12 at 1:24am
Kokoro

If they put Yoshimitsu in, some kind of sword spin would make a good Final Smash for him.

Jul 14, 12 at 3:43pm
GaTheZakk

[quote=NapoleonDos|message:33286929]
I doubt it would be Heihachi after his announcement in PSASBR, especially since he isn't the main character of extreme importance to the actual games, nor fan popularized.
I'd say Jin, Kazuya, and Yoshmitsu, and most likely the last, simply because he represents more than just Tekken, and is the most versatile.

But then we get to the future, with DLC, and I see in addition to Pacman and Yoshimitsu, a few new characters, including Klonoa, Kazuya, Nightmare, and Lloyd.
[I forgot about Yoshimitsu, I like him better than Seigfried and he appears in both Tekken and Soul Calibur, I'm all for Yoshimitsu, I like the one from Tekken 3 and Tekken 6 so I hope they use one of those or a completely new form of him.]

Jul 14, 12 at 2:59pm
NapoleonDos

I doubt it would be Heihachi after his announcement in PSASBR, especially since he isn't the main character of extreme importance to the actual games, nor fan popularized.
I'd say Jin, Kazuya, and Yoshmitsu, and most likely the last, simply because he represents more than just Tekken, and is the most versatile.

But then we get to the future, with DLC, and I see in addition to Pacman and Yoshimitsu, a few new characters, including Klonoa, Kazuya, Nightmare, and Lloyd.

Jul 14, 12 at 12:48pm
Thunder Shot

If Tekken characters are to be included in this game then it's most likely to be Jin or Heihachi if not both would be added.