Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » Blizzard Lied About Diablo 3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 10, 12 at 2:55pmCarRamrod

I was browsing around the Battle.net forums and seeing everyone being pissed off about this terrible title, unworthy of the Diablo name, and came across a post that has been repeated many times.

If you don't wanna look at it since it's very long just watch the first video of Diablo 3 from 2008, which he discusses. The features shown in that video would have made for an awesome game that is actually an ARPG and Diablo, not just this crappy action game we got that has no actual RPG elements to it since we don't actually make ANY choices that affect the game. The game does your stats for you so all you do is run around killing dumb, super-affixed mobs.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 18, 13 at 1:31pm
BANEHALLOW

the bad things that i saw in this game: ridiculous skill sistem-the good build is always the same.two hardcore lvl 60 Monks does not have much difference on their assigned skills because only the same combination of skills works. bad story-thats nothing to say about the story. loot sisten doesnt give good itens for a master difficulty.

Nov 30, 12 at 10:34am
PlaystationGuru

Diablo 3 is a great game but I can't seem to find a good nuff computer to play it. Also kinda annoying to have to upgrade my computer just to play this game.

Oct 25, 12 at 7:35am
pi#$%^%@d off

:Blizzard user agreement error {oversight} for banning members.
My response on the appeal denied.
This matter is not closed, this is the opinion of thousands of users. Why offer an appeals process when all of the appeals by thousands of players have been denied? There is not one forum I found stating that you lifted a ban from an appeal ticket? What's the point? AND where in the user agreement does it state that I agreed for you to ban my account? the only implication you state is "DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT" There is nowhere stating you ban the account??????? let me twitter and facebook, forum that little tid bit, ooops, your bad.

Aug 15, 12 at 9:55am
CarRamrod

I've seen some articles about what Blizzard has stated will be included in patch 1.0.4 and it sounds like it may be a promising patch with the new legendaries and buffs for some builds, along with the changes to elites and affixes. I just hope that instead of nerfing current builds they just buff unused abilities to enhance variety. There is still some hope for the game after all, but this is probably Blizzard's last chance for the game as GW2 releases before the end of the month.

Even though I've only played for about 30 minutes in the past month, or more, I shall wait a little longer before I make the decision to uninstall.

Aug 08, 12 at 7:38am
Marc

quote Crusad3r
Well here's the thing, it's not that different to the previous diablos. Quite a few of my friends mentioned it that the first impression was that it was a good continuation of the diablo series and most of us are diablo diehard fans.

Of course our opinions are going to differ on that point (most people do), but the thing is, diablo 3 does indeed attempt to try bring different elements from the first 2 diablos into this version

Perhaps you just miss cow level
Sure, views differ. But your in the minority if your still playing this game.

I'll say this, if this was anything as genuine as Diablo 2 or Diablo 1 then the player count wouldn't be critically shrinking and Blizzard wouldn't be admitting that they have no endgame content to keep everybody interested. Its a problem when a company goes out and says there game is lacking because they know players aren't interested.

The game is playable, but there are so many things that could have been done better and the fact that a company like Blizzard took 12 years to make this game is just a sign of the company's quality decreasing.

Aug 06, 12 at 9:27am
CarRamrod

quote Crusad3r
Well here's the thing, it's not that different to the previous diablos. Quite a few of my friends mentioned it that the first impression was that it was a good continuation of the diablo series and most of us are diablo diehard fans.

Of course our opinions are going to differ on that point (most people do), but the thing is, diablo 3 does indeed attempt to try bring different elements from the first 2 diablos into this version

Well this is news to me. It is nothing like the old Diablo games. You are honestly the first die hard Diablo fan(s) to say it isn't much different than the old ones to me. Anywhere I've looked or anyone I've talked to, including in-game when I used to fiend on it, has stated it is not a true Diablo game and will not be unless Blizzard does a major overhaul. The only people I have seen satisfied and not complain about this game, as I have stated numerous times already, are people who never experienced the originals. Even in-game when I bring it up to random people in my parties they will say things along the lines of "Yeah, that's what I've heard. I never played the old ones though so I don't have knowledge of them."

Aug 06, 12 at 8:49am
Crusad3r

Aug 06, 12 at 8:41am
Marc

We can all agree Diablo 3 was a flop. Real money/gold auction house is lame, story is lame, maps are narrow and boring, servers are *bleep*ed up, no PvP, no LaN/offline. The game itself is fine, the combat runs beautifully and its addicting as hell for the first couple playthroughs, but thats it. Yes it is a legit game but its not worth $60 and not a game that took 12 years to make by a company with a gigantic budget like Blizzard.

Aug 06, 12 at 7:55am
CarRamrod

When a company loses a majority of a series' fanbase due to a poorly executed title you can label it as a bad game, because that is what has happened with D3. It's lost most of the original Diablo games' fans but has gained fans that are new to the series and do not know the true nature of Diablo. When that happens there is a problem. Measuring by sales does no justice other than good marketing and overall name.

Aug 05, 12 at 6:38pm
Lorx

We can't blame you for not liking a bad game, or not liking a game in general. But the problem here is that you can't label a game as bad, purely because of that personal opinion. It is not great, but that doesn't make it bad, games are not that black and white. I believe it's us that are the ones repeating ourselves, you're continuously claiming that people are ranting and raving like this is the best game ever...but nobody here is actually saying that.

Also gear grind, whether from $ or actual grind, makes for unbalanced PvP either way. That's not a problem the RMAH creates, just makes it more apparent. It's the difference between:
  • Aw right, just went through a ton of content and got this awesome gear, time to go pubstomp people in PvP who haven't done this yet!
  • Aw right, just went through the AH and bought on this awesome gear, time to go pubstomp people in PvP who haven't bought this yet!
The end result is the same for the poor person that gets cut in half because he never actually had a fighting chance. PvP in MMOs is rarely done in a balanced fashion.