Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Lollipop Chainsaw » Neoseeker reviews Lollipop Chainsaw » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 10, 12 at 2:15pmchautemoc

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a zombie slaying cheerleader? Wonder no more, as our reviewer braves the horde to bring you details on Suda's newest release -- Lollipop Chainsaw.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 04, 12 at 7:25am
oni_hero

The comedy in the game is just so perfect lol. It honestly makes the game a must have for me.

Aug 04, 12 at 5:30am
Stitch

quote oni_hero
It may seem mundane, but one of, if not my favorite parts of the game are the lines
"What's your favorite color Nick?"
"Blue... Wait... No Green."
"I Love learning things about you!"
"I *bleep*ed up it's Yellow."

That and the whole "Speaking Japanese" part. Cracked up.
lol, I laughed the most when Nick mentioned a Mario Reference.

"If a little dude, with a red cap and blue overalls pops out at me, I swear, I'm gonna vomit all over this place!"

Aug 02, 12 at 12:52pm
oni_hero

Honestly I bought the game because I recently bought Shadow's of the Damned and like the comedy to it, so I figured why not? I have not been let down in the slightest.

It may seem mundane, but one of, if not my favorite parts of the game are the lines
"What's your favorite color Nick?"
"Blue... Wait... No Green."
"I Love learning things about you!"
"I *bleep*ed up it's Yellow."

That and the whole "Speaking Japanese" part. Cracked up.

Juliet being so overly positive while Nick is firmly grounded in reality, or what is left of it, just works so well. I am stuck now trying to buy all the outfits, only have a bikini and the maid costumes left to get. Honestly, if you get the game expecting to have fun slashing through zombies in a wacky hack and slash game you won't be dissappointed, well worth the full price in my opinion.

Jul 13, 12 at 10:35am
Stitch

quote Paper Fox
I loved how Juliet mistook the auto-tune guy for speaking like Stephen Hawking.
Yeah, she even mentioned him twice.

Jul 13, 12 at 12:25am
Paper Fox

quote Stitch
Sometimes it's aiming at somehting you don't want to aim at, like with the Baseball bit, I'm trying to aim at around Nick, for any Zombies appearing closely to him, yet somehow I'm aiming automatically at a zombie that's further away from Nick and off-screen, so I'm seeing myself turning left or right completely away from facing Nick.
Ohhh yeah, a lot of people are having that problem. One of the most frustrating sections in the game, purely because of the shittiness of the auto-aim.

And I understand what youre talking about in the rest of your post. The game crams a whole lot of pop-culture in, which is cool. I loved how Juliet mistook the auto-tune guy for speaking like Stephen Hawking.

Jul 13, 12 at 12:04am
Kokoro

quote Stitch
To me this game is kinda like a Cult classic, it's kinda out of the norm, and not many people might get the style of it, but it's kinda strong on it's own, but kinda an outsider, but in a way it sure has somehting special about it.
Yeah, most of these types of games aren't that popular these days. Personally, I'll take these kinds of games over the most popular kinds of games these days any day, such as FPS games and RPG games.

Jul 12, 12 at 4:09pm
Stitch

quote Paper Fox
attacks don't really seem to flow together...there is a lot of stuttering in Juliet's movement.
The camera sucks too. I don't know if you can change the camera speed, but I found it to be just too clunky, actually working against you at some points.
Yeah, I noticed.

After playing the game today, I do have some trouble getting the hang with controlling Juliet, this game surely earns the title of Button Mashing, since I'm been doing that in the battles, because if you use one button more then twice, then you might get attacked.

Sometimes it's easy when it's a couple of zombies, just jump, and then dropkick them, and then slice their head off.
But going against 30 zombies, then I'm like pressing all buttons randomly.

Shooting with the blaster is sometimes clunky, sometimes it autoaims, sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes it's aiming at somehting you don't want to aim at, like with the Baseball bit, I'm trying to aim at around Nick, for any Zombies appearing closely to him, yet somehow I'm aiming automatically at a zombie that's further away from Nick and off-screen, so I'm seeing myself turning left or right completely away from facing Nick.

I could turn it off, but manually aiming is too slow.

I'm also guesing I'm too used to Batman's fighting flow, in the Arkham Games, Unlike Batman, Juliet doesn't really leap far off from one zombie to another, unless they're close by, then she might not hit them.

Gameplay has some minor faults, but for the rest it's fun.

I love the music.
Great soundtrack, although, at one point I kinda lowered the volume of the music, because after a bunch of hours listening to Rocking blasting music, I sure wanted to give my ears a bit of a break.

I kinda digged the level with the 1980's style of video games, Pacman, ping pong, and such you had to go through.

I do have to say, this game sure has some brand and company names being distributed through some lines.
I heard things like, YouTube, Myspace, Facebook, Amazon, Volvo, not to mention names of Celebrities, Ashton Kutcher, and a Reference to his Punk'd program, Mary Kate and Ashley, Stephen Hawking, even Justin Bieber was mentioned in one of those Comic character introductions, kinda surprised I havent heard someone mentioning Elvis Presley in this game, I'm sure people that played the game know what I mean.

References to movies, like Pirates of the Carribbean, Star Wars, (one of the bosses was influenced by C-3PO).

lol, I don't mind real life things being mentioned in this game, but I'm kinda surprised on the amount of stuff you hear, did they get permission to mentioning Brands like that, or is it a funny way to advertise?

To me this game is kinda like a Cult classic, it's kinda out of the norm, and not many people might get the style of it, but it's kinda strong on it's own, but kinda an outsider, but in a way it sure has somehting special about it.

Jul 12, 12 at 2:46pm
Paper Fox

Quite a late review, but I agree with most points. I was really looking forward to this game. I love cheerleaders, and I love killing zombies, so this seemed like the perfect match. But the game does fail in a lot of ways.
I don't really care about graphics, so I'm going to totally ignore that section.
I did find faults with the gameplay though, which y'know is kind of a big deal. You can easily play through this game spamming the chainsaw attack with a few dodges thrown in, which means there isn't really an incentive to unlock the bigger combos. Plus attacks don't really seem to flow together...there is a lot of stuttering in Juliet's movement.
The camera sucks too. I don't know if you can change the camera speed, but I found it to be just too clunky, actually working against you at some points.
There are good points though:
Juliet as a character was cute, as well as Nick (I looove Nick!), but others are either forgettable or simply annoying.
The music is FANTASTIC! Best thing about the game imo.
Props for the devs at least trying to vary the gameplay with the elevator maze etc.

So I guess for me at least...I'd give the game a 6. Still enjoyable if you're able to turn your brain off and focus on the pretty colours and awesome music.

Jul 12, 12 at 7:01am
Stitch

quote Kokoro
Yeah, they probably made the graphics like that on purpose, now that you mention that. Good point. I don't regret the $45 I spent for this game.
I just bought the game today, it's now installing the new version update for the PS3 at the moment I type this.

You know, this game seems hard to get, only one copy was in the shelves, lucky me that one was mine to take.
Still, seems like there's not enough high hopes for this game, unlike Call of Duty or GTA or any big franchise game, they don't really fill up a whole section of a shelf with this game.

Jul 11, 12 at 10:37pm
Kokoro

Yeah, they probably made the graphics like that on purpose, now that you mention that. Good point. I don't regret the $45 I spent for this game.