Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Forum Bug Reports » [v1.5.3] Thread Mouseover Dialogue Reveals Spoilers » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 11, 12 at 1:38am
hiigaran

confirmed on FF

also, rolling your mouse over will also preview the URL of an image. in most cases, the URL is long enough to completely defeat the purpose of the preview. figured i should bring that up due to the similarity.

Jul 10, 12 at 12:41pm
Mastix

Sure thing Dynamite. Thanks for handling that for me. After I'd posted it I had considered putting it in bug reports.

Jul 10, 12 at 12:39pm
Dynamite

Mastix: I've relocated this to the forum bug reports board as I feel this behavior is actually unintended.

I can confirm that mouseover dialogues in my.neoforum and within the forum itself do not respect spoiler tags and just show the text they contain.

Jul 10, 12 at 12:32pm
Mastix

I really like the new feature allowing me to mouse-over the "Go To Most Recent Post" icon and see the first few characters, but on more than one occasion now, doing so has led to big spoilers. Apparently the feature ignores spoiler tags and just shows you their content unhidden. I'd like to suggest that, if spoiler text is detected, the preview hover text should just read "*spoiler*" and skip to the first available unspoilered text, if there is any.

It's a great feature, but this would be a much appreciated tweak.

Example of what I mean:

That's not a terrible spoiler, but that text was in spoiler tags nonetheless.

Thanks.