Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Fatalis? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Brachydios Dara Amadyura Gore Magala Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Selregios Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Jul 09, 12 at 7:03pmPhantomTsuki

I've recently decided to take up the Fatalis. As usual, I was burned to a crisp and smashed flat. I've searched up guides on Youtube but things don't seem to be working out for some reason. I need to know how to hit him in the head with hammer. Any suggestions?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 18, 12 at 7:12pm
gn_x00

quote PhantomTsuki
I took a long time, but I finally repelled it! Thanks.
I will advice you to break the wing first before killing him in your next quest (if you haven't done so. the quest should be done 3-4 times before it is dead). the wing is quite a rare material. it is a waste if you don't get it. there's a chance you can only get it once per fatalis after all

Jul 18, 12 at 1:40pm
GloriousVictory

Now you gotta kill it! It'll take some work, but I honestly suggest you use the long sword and spam him on the raised areas if you're fighting the Black one. Crimson was the hardest, White was rather weak.

Jul 14, 12 at 1:48pm
PhantomTsuki

I took a long time, but I finally repelled it! Thanks.

Jul 13, 12 at 2:12am
gn_x00

quote PhantomTsuki
Ahh this is annoying. It didn't go so well. All right, I'm willing to use Barrage Piercing. Can you give an armor set including Barrage Piercing? The reason I didn't use it before was because of its crappy defense, but it turns out that Fatalis OHKOs anyways.
I'm not sure anymore what armor to suggest if you're keep getting KO-ed in one hit... since everything is almost the same lol... Fatalis high attack sure is a problem... either get used on dodging (dodging most of his attack with bow is not that hard) or get a guts set. and to be honest, guts are not available below HR-7

it will be easier if you can get to HR 7 and get the plum daimyo hermitaur set.
Barrage Piercing + Hermitaur Z
with 10x StrongShot Jewel and 1x Guts Jewel give Reloading Speed -3, Normal S up, Capacity up, and Guts

Guts will make it more simple.. really.. since it negate One Hit KO as long as your HP is more than (I forgot how much)%. using 1 potion and 1 mega potion will get your health to the safe zone again
you can gemmed in Focus instead of normal s up in HR 7 with 10 short charge jewel.. but seriously I won't do that. Farming the material will be too tiring...

Jul 12, 12 at 9:03pm
PhantomTsuki

Ahh this is annoying. It didn't go so well. All right, I'm willing to use Barrage Piercing. Can you give an armor set including Barrage Piercing? The reason I didn't use it before was because of its crappy defense, but it turns out that Fatalis OHKOs anyways.

Jul 12, 12 at 6:08pm
gn_x00

should work. make sure you gemmed out distracted tho. it is bad for bows

Jul 12, 12 at 3:01pm
PhantomTsuki

Would Dark Akantor gunner work?

Jul 11, 12 at 9:41pm
gn_x00

quote PhantomTsuki
I see. I'm going to try it.

EDIT: Farming for Monoblos Heart seems a bit too tedious...
do you have barrage piercing? and didn't you just need 1 heart for the tarso?
will be easier if you can get barrage piercing

Jul 11, 12 at 7:44pm
PhantomTsuki

I see. I'm going to try it.

EDIT: Farming for Monoblos Heart seems a bit too tedious...

Jul 10, 12 at 11:37pm
gn_x00

unfortunately, I think Akantor bow and its upgrade Akantor Chaos bow are one of the best bow to repel fatalis, IMO.

capacity up is a must though. or else the bow become useless. with capacity up, you get a rapid type shot on akantor bow. and that is really suitable to hit Fatalis face. you might need a little practice, but it will be simple once you're used to it

IIRC, just use Monodevil U armor gemmed for Capacity up, adrenaline + 2, bullet limit (in case you haven't finish training school for barrage piercing yet). use power coating and material to make more.

change bullet limit to bomber if you're fighting the armor mode crimson or white fatty.
if you're confident enough, you can use the adrenaline +2. Shot only the face (except if you want to break the wing/others)

Why do you use death stench armor anyway? from what I remember, the only thing good in that armor is autoreload, which IMHO, not really useful for bow