Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Zyra » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jul 07, 12 at 8:36pmRazeHell

JUST LOOK AT HER

quote Morello
So, I probably shouldn’t do this, but what the Hell. I’m really stoked about champion 101 too because I got to work much much more directly on it than I usually do and it’s an archetype I think we’ve needed. I’ll….plant a little teaser for you.
Nothing else has been revealed.

I'm sort of freaking out right now.

She looks like she's going to be my new favorite champ; I've always been a huge fan of Flora-women, like Poison Ivy and characters of similar design.

So yeah. Discuss possibilities as to her role and stuff.
I think she's gonna be a straight-up AP caster.
Either that, or an Mage/Support.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 13, 13 at 1:12am
WakeCraterWind

Morg beats out Lux in terms of CC and teamfights; that's pretty much a given. What Lux brings is that Anivia-level wave clear and honestly ridiculous poke.

Feb 13, 13 at 12:31am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Bass Ultra
Morg doesn't bring much to the support table like Lux tbh. Morg's soil doesn't have that zoning power Lux's singularity has. Also afaik Morg's mana costs are atrocious.
You aren't exactly going to stand in Morgana's soil though are you? I'd say they're equal. The only difference is, Morgana's does DoT and MR debuff, rather than slow a little bit of burst. I'd say I'm more scared by Morgana's soil than Lux's light ball. In terms of Snares, Morgana has a really long single-target one, Lux's is a meh length double-target if they stand in a row for you. Zyra's is a multi-target of low length, but better than Lux's imo. Lux shield's like Locket, Morgana shields like Maw. Tbh, Morgana is amazing for making an anti-cc tank. Lux can't make that with her somewhat puny multi-target shield. Also, Lux has much less cc than her friends. Might be personal preference, but Morgana > Lux always for me in terms of support.

Feb 12, 13 at 3:46pm
Bass Ultra

Morg doesn't bring much to the support table like Lux tbh. Morg's soil doesn't have that zoning power Lux's singularity has. Also afaik Morg's mana costs are atrocious.

Feb 12, 13 at 12:43am
ShadowCrystallux

Zyra is fully AoE, and grabs a nice bit of hard cc. I get Rylais on her to give thornspitter a 35% slow I believe it is. I'd say Zyra support is better than the other two, purely because her snare affects everything in its path, meanwhile Lux/Morgana has double/single target respectively. Lux has the least hard cc out of the three, and I'd say Zyra and Morgana have equal amounts. I'd definitely say the cc ults are what make them better supports than Lux.

Feb 11, 13 at 12:48pm
Lorx

Morg and Lux play very differently, Morg tends to build a bit tanky and roam around in the thick of things.

I can see Zyra being a kind of Lux 2.0, or at least part of the cause for Lux not being played so much as support.

Feb 11, 13 at 7:50am
WakeCraterWind

Anyone feel like she plays like Lux? The pass-through snare and little burst AoE remind of that. While Lux is a safe lane pick, I hesitate about her teamfight capabilities since she's mostly poke and not much else. Meanwhile Zyra has that ult which is at least a guaranteed CC lock on the enemy team.

So is Zyra like Lux 2.0? Which I guess, would make her Morgana 3.0?

Feb 11, 13 at 2:42am
ShadowCrystallux

quote captain boo
ShadowCrystallux

So I just bought Zyra, played her in bots and really liked her gameplay.

Want to enlighten me how to play her, support and mid? Builds? Strategies?

ARGH whoever made backspace go to the page before was a sadistic git. I'll add my two cents in a second -_-.

Support.
Masteries: Traditional 0/9/21 is best, although she's one of the supports who can make a decent use of the 9/0/21 support set.
Runes: Armor > GP10 > CDR > GP10, or Armor > GP10 > AP > GP10. Whatever tickles your fancy.
Skill Order: R > E > Q > W for me. Although, I've seen Zyra's max Q for additional damage, I prefer the cc lengthening of her snare. I generally grab E > Q > W > E > E for the first 5 levels.
Build: Faerie Charm 4 Wards Health Potion start for me. I tend to try and stay in lane until I can afford Philo + Kage's Lucky Pick. Then I grab CDR boots, Rylais and Hourglass. I grab Twin Shadows or WotA out of the pick, and wards where required. I've then decreed selling philo for abyssal sceptre as a good idea.

I'll do mid in a second.

Mid is my preferred position with Zyra. I find it more comfortable.
21/0/9 Masteries
M/Pen, Mana Regen/Level, then you have an option. AP/Level Glyphs Movespeed Quints for a later game view, or you can do lane bully AP Glyphs/Quints Runes.
Build: I like Archs Sorc Shoes RoA Hourglass Deathcap Lich Bane for one build.
But, I generally go with Rylais Sorc Shoes Deathcap Hourglass Abyssal RoA. As a sample build, anyway. Haven't played her in ages.

Feb 11, 13 at 2:11am
captain boo

ShadowCrystallux

So I just bought Zyra, played her in bots and really liked her gameplay.

Want to enlighten me how to play her, support and mid? Builds? Strategies?

Oct 26, 12 at 6:08am
Lorx

Heimer kind of has that problem of derp turrets, they might attack the champion, they might attack a minion, they may not even attack at all.

Xyph is currently in charge of the Heimer rework, which has basically nothing announced specifically. He did Orianna and Lulu though, so it could be pretty interesting.

Oct 26, 12 at 5:49am
Bass Ultra

quote ShadowCrystallux
Heimer is a lot more reliable with his minions (turrets) than Zyra's are. And they have a faster base attack speed and seem to do a lot more damage. Heimer also isn't completely reliant on 10 second lasting plants that do bugger all. Either that or she has massively higher skill cap than most other mids that I've played. Maybe I'm missing something, but I do lose every trade in lane.
But unlike Heimer, Zyra isn't completely dependent on her plants, having an ultimate that actually deals damage, and an execution passive in case you didn't kill her target or something.

In terms of utility, Zyra has a very large delayed knockup (ticking timebombs are always feared) along with an easy to hit snare. Heimer has a permaslow and a hard to hit stun + blind. I think Zyra offers more powerful utility to be honest.