Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Feedback] Intrusive Advertising in Neo Mobile Mode » Post Reply

hideOriginal Post

Jul 06, 12 at 2:48pmlovelyfisher

What the heck is with the ads while using the mobile version of neo? This sucks! They're terribly annoying, they come up like every page for me.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 04, 15 at 12:14pm
Ascii

In mobile mode there should only be two banners, one of which being in the threads.

Dec 04, 15 at 9:59am
Iscariot

can confirm, ads do appear in threads between posts even when logged in. but as mentioned, n+ is the only way to truly rid yourself of them.

Dec 04, 15 at 9:49am
ctrl

quote Avalith
quote Ciel Phantomhive
Doesn't the "Log in or register to remove this advertisement" rule apply while in mobile mode?
You'll still get banner ads while logged in. Some ads will occasionally appear while browsing a forum or occasionally in a thread, but I haven't been able to consistently reproduce in-thread ads after some quick testing. Whether they're intended to appear randomly or all the time without N+ will be something only Redemption can answer.
You'll get ads even when you register, but not nearly as many. With N+, you get no ads. In any of the site modes.

I still wish that ad-block browser was still a thing, because pop-up ads are coming back in a big way. And without a stylus to click those tiny X's, I find myself skipping sites altogether.

Dec 04, 15 at 9:47am
Ciel Phantomhive

quote Avalith
quote Ciel Phantomhive
Doesn't the "Log in or register to remove this advertisement" rule apply while in mobile mode?
You'll still get banner ads while logged in. Some ads will occasionally appear while browsing a forum or occasionally in a thread, but I haven't been able to consistently reproduce in-thread ads after some quick testing. Whether they're intended to appear randomly or all the time without N+ will be something only Redemption can answer.
I can understand the banner ones, but not the in-thread ads. It always seem to appear on my end.

Dec 04, 15 at 9:26am
Avalith

quote Ciel Phantomhive
You'll still get banner ads while logged in. Some ads will occasionally appear while browsing a forum or occasionally in a thread, but I haven't been able to consistently reproduce in-thread ads after some quick testing. Whether they're intended to appear randomly or all the time without N+ will be something only Redemption can answer. It could also be tied to how many replies a thread's received, but I didn't keep track of that.

Dec 04, 15 at 8:45am
Ascii

quote Ciel Phantomhive
You will still see ads if you don't have N+

Dec 04, 15 at 6:42am
Ciel Phantomhive

Jul 09, 12 at 1:22am
Emberguard

quote Redemption
Emberguard - are you saying that clicking the X doesn't close the ad? I'm using an HTC phone and it closes it fine. Probably what you are wondering is why the ad comes back on next page reload. If anyone clicking the X cannot close the ad, please give me more details about your phone and I'll report it to the advertiser.
As of right now at this moment the ad isn't popping up on my ipod touch gen 4 at all (probably due to the it only appearing once a day now, I'll have to see tomorrow if it re-appears)

When I originally notified you, what was happening was that it closed the ad when the x was pressed, but as soon as I scrolled the screen even a tiny bit it came back onto the screen

Edit: it worked fine today. Closed the ad without a problem

Jul 08, 12 at 6:15pm
ctrl

Yeah I don't use chrome, I just use the default browser. My Internet is on the fritz at my house so I skimmed the thread.

Jul 08, 12 at 6:10pm
Nagare

ctrl I had no problem closing the ads with the X on my Nexus using the Chrome browser.

Also, he said just once per day they would show up so it isn't disabled, you've just seen your one already.