Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon White Version » Help me understand IV breeding » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 06, 12 at 12:09pmQwark28

Is it always random which IV is gonna be passed on?When i have a haunter with 27 SP A IV and a ditto with 29 def IV and 27 speed IV what do i do so that the kid gets the special atk and speed?

i also have a gligar with 31 30 and 24-29 IV's in SP atk SP def and speed,is that useless?i don't want the sp atk IV but i do want all the others,how do i increase the IV's?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 06, 12 at 4:01pm
thundermaniac

Yep. Well anyways I don't understand the RNG that much, but I understand enough of it that it brings up a Random Number between 0 and 31. I don't know how to abuse and I really don't care. I just keep trying until I get decent IVs (20 or higher). And Ditto can't help with passing down Dream World abilities. People have tested it on this site and others.

Jul 06, 12 at 3:55pm
Qwark28

quote thundermaniac
You can't. Only one of the stats will get passed down if you use the power items on both. No matter what you try only one will get passed down. The RNG may give you that perfect IV you are looking for, but other than some luck you can't pass down both.
right now i'm hating on serebii,the amount of false info they have is straight up ridiculous,i bred for 2 hours because i read that dittos don't affect passing on dream world abilities.

RNG is too complicated,i understand the whole damn concept and mathematics but i don't understand if i'm supposed to DL on PC,if so pokesav is the same and i still can't do it because my country doesn't have R4 and AR is discontinued.

Jul 06, 12 at 3:49pm
thundermaniac

You can't. Only one of the stats will get passed down if you use the power items on both. No matter what you try only one will get passed down. The RNG may give you that perfect IV you are looking for, but other than some luck you can't pass down both.

Jul 06, 12 at 3:46pm
Qwark28

quote thundermaniac
http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml , this link should help you with understanding IVs. You can't increase IVs. They are randomly generated when you pick up the egg. Serebii should cover the rest. Happy attempting for the perfect set of IVs.
i know that,i don't mean those.

i mean how do you keep on getting the IV's you want if they're dual?one pokemon to hold the power item,one for the everstone,you gotta catch dittos with flawless IV's for weeks,and then you gotta breed for days so that you might get lucky with another IV.

and i still dont understand the improved IV concept,IV's definately dont improve over each "generation" of parents/kids.

see,ive read all the sites bout IV's i just find them impossible to do without investing weeks JUST for the dittos.

Jul 06, 12 at 3:34pm
thundermaniac

http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml , this link should help you with understanding IVs. You can't increase IVs. They are randomly generated when you pick up the egg. Serebii should cover the rest. Happy attempting for the perfect set of IVs.

Jul 06, 12 at 12:09pm
Qwark28

Is it always random which IV is gonna be passed on?When i have a haunter with 27 SP A IV and a ditto with 29 def IV and 27 speed IV what do i do so that the kid gets the special atk and speed?

i also have a gligar with 31 30 and 24-29 IV's in SP atk SP def and speed,is that useless?i don't want the sp atk IV but i do want all the others,how do i increase the IV's?