Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Resident Evil 6 » Neoseeker feature: Resident Evil 6 demo impressions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Please be considerate about spoilers and put spoilers in spoiler tags, thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 05, 12 at 5:25pmRabidChinaGirl

I'm sure you've all heard that the demo is now available to Dragon's Dogma owners on 360. Here's our impressions of it. Check it out, let us know what you think!

(Yes, you do need to have your copy of DD to download the demo. )

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/19756-resident-evil-6-demo-impressions-is-it-survival-horror-or-actionr/

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 09, 12 at 5:40pm
haalyle

quote Agent Mo
Please tell me the command system from RE5 is still there. Half of the fun was merging 'I need a can of first aid spray' and 'Go!' to make Sheva say 'I need to go!'
I agree, I loved that part of RE5, me my friend kept yelling at each other, oh good times

quote Ded Valve
Its gone i believe but you can still say help when your in danger or annoyungly call out to them when your waiting to kick down a door.
That's just plain boring.

quote Ded Valve
Whoever designed the blackberry phone congratulations, I officially hate you more than Capcom now.
Other than that PIERS NEVANS <3
He's the new Chris Redfield.

I use a PSP, ha!
We all knew that and that's excellent.
But, I still like Jake more

Jul 09, 12 at 5:33pm
DedValve

Whoever designed the blackberry phone congratulations, I officially hate you more than Capcom now.

But yeah I was talking about RE6, I'd play again to try again but PFFFFTTTAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

Also the partner system is more like Revelations, i.e. useless. Your partner doesn't do too much damage to enemies, they don't hold you back, they don't waste your resources, they will help you out now and again but other than that they are just a chunk of meat that waits for a human to control them. Well at least it's better than Revelations on the fact that you actually CAN have a human controlled partner (the partner system in Revelations was by far the most useless thing in gaming).

So yeah the partner is extremely improved over Sheva but you don't really feel like you have a partner there when it's an AI controlling it (despite the fact that they will never shut up...EVER. The amount of unnecessary banter in this game is worse than in Revelations). I was hoping they would actually make it so that you would have to take care of each other more like in RE5 but now it feels more like 2 single-player experiences put together, and despite my gripes with RE5 I liked how you could share crap with your partner, even if the game wasn't designed around co-op.

Other than that PIERS NEVANS <3
He's the new Chris Redfield.

Jul 09, 12 at 1:53pm
Agent Mo

quote HunterKiller666
You can swap/give stuff to your partner both online and offline in RE5. If you equip an item you get the option to hand it over when you are close to your partner. Otherwise you can pull up the inventory, select the item, and pick the option to give. In fact, you can even request items by opening up your partner's inventory.
I think Ded Valve was talking about RE6

Jul 09, 12 at 10:48am
HunterKiller666

You can swap/give stuff to your partner both online and offline in RE5. If you equip an item you get the option to hand it over when you are close to your partner. Otherwise you can pull up the inventory, select the item, and pick the option to give. In fact, you can even request items by opening up your partner's inventory.

Jul 09, 12 at 9:15am
DedValve

I didnt plsy online so maybe rabidchinagirl can fill me in but there is no wsy to trade equipment right? I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to trade crap with my partner

Jul 09, 12 at 9:06am
HunterKiller666

quote Ded Valve
You can no longer spam come on...thats an imptovement i guess
That definitely is an improvement. I absolutely dreaded playing with noobs who spammed "come on" every *bleep*ing second.

Jul 08, 12 at 1:03pm
EricF

No real pause menu? What is the practical purpose of this? That doesn't make it any more of a horror, it's just silly. Good review though, RabidChinaGirl. Nice work.

Jul 07, 12 at 9:08am
DedValve

quote HunterKiller666
Are there any improvements to the co-op at all?
You can no longer spam come on...thats an imptovement i guess

EDIT: Ignore the double post and spelling, blackberry has the most retarded keyboard in existence.

Jul 07, 12 at 9:06am
DedValve

quote Agent Mo
Please tell me the command system from RE5 is still there. Half of the fun was merging 'I need a can of first aid spray' and 'Go!' to make Sheva say 'I need to go!'
Its gone i believe but you can still say help when your in danger or annoyungly call out to them when your waiting to kick down a door.

Jul 06, 12 at 11:37am
Agent Mo