Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Ranked Games » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 04, 12 at 11:30amShadowCrystallux

Just started playing ranked today, and I find it great facing off against people that don't take the game serious to the point of exhaustion, but are there to play and do their best and try. So far I've got 3 wins, 1 loss. Any tips on ranked? Also, I don't even have a full rune page yet . 2050 IP per moverspeed quint is draining. I've noticed that some champions are just intsta-freezed out. Are those champs really that good?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 12, 12 at 7:38pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote Archangel
quote Phoenixmon
quote Tashur Astur
If you bothered reading this novel I am impressed c:
For example, when I get a manamune and a hextech gunblade on ez, even when I'm (as usual) in positive KD ratio with usually 0-3 deaths, they say, "GG NOOB EZ".
Probably because those two items are useless on him. There's no point in spending the gold on those items when you can spend the same amount for stats that are much more useful and will, in the end, provide you with more damage.
I prefer a hybrid build on ez, because then I deal magic and physical damage, and I rarely die. Yes, it's a weird build, but it works. Better than the average, "General AD Carry" Build. Yes, the other one does more damage with the auto attacks, but my build allows for his spells to do more damage, and allows me to pretty much just poke from afar, which gets me away from any risk.

Jul 12, 12 at 5:10pm
Tashur Astur

I will just point out that Voyzreal is built with Manamune into Trinity, like a freaking boss! Carries every time.

On the rare occassion I play Ez I wouldn't go anything other than ie->trinity or trinity->IE

Jul 12, 12 at 10:40am
Archangel

quote Phoenixmon
quote Tashur Astur
For example, when I get a manamune and a hextech gunblade on ez, even when I'm (as usual) in positive KD ratio with usually 0-3 deaths, they say, "GG NOOB EZ".
Probably because those two items are useless on him. There's no point in spending the gold on those items when you can spend the same amount for stats that are much more useful and will, in the end, provide you with more damage.

Jul 12, 12 at 10:27am
Tashur Astur

Haha yeah I know how that is, generally I only instalock if we're either full premade or if i'm duoing with my friend in the twisted treeline, since we often like to do a biiit unorthodox stuff that freaks out our random. Usually we still do win though, surprisingly!

Jul 12, 12 at 5:40am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Tashur Astur
Well be impressed then . Raging for me isn't usually a problem for me, as I'm usually the person getting raged at for any little mistake I make, or any unorthodox thing I do. For example, when I get a manamune and a hextech gunblade on ez, even when I'm (as usual) in positive KD ratio with usually 0-3 deaths, they say, "GG NOOB EZ". Etc. But what I really hate is instalock duos. In fact, I refused to play more than once last night because of it. Grrrr

Jul 11, 12 at 10:08am
Tashur Astur

I've personally noticed that the days I'm feeling particularly bad (tired, nautious, headache) I tend to not only play worse but also be mad at my team for small mistakes that they do or occassionally blame them for a mistake I did. I think you should just not play "serious" games when you're not feeling good, and if this doesn't help then you should just practice never hating/raging. Obviously easier said than done, but doable at least to an extent.

For your questions, depending on what champions I play I make mistakes. When I play Anivia I rarely ever make mistakes since I have played her so much I know exactly what to do, what not to do and when to/not do it. However I still do mess up sometimes, particularly with last hits when my concentration is focused toward surviving a hard lane or such, and when I'm playing other champions than Anivia I often get overzealous or greedy for farm at which point I blame myself. Sometimes when I do get a bit overzealous I do blame my team since I in the situation feel it would've gone differently if they thought like me. While I don't use lolrecorder, I do try to see which mistakes were mine in retrospec. In general I've learnt that if you think of your team as imperfect entities (if you're not premade with them), you will only focus on what YOU yourself can do better etc.

Jul 11, 12 at 9:40am
Archangel

So lately I've gotten in a huuuuuuuge raging problem. It happened around the time I started to do Ranked. I had a good first 15 - 20 games, getting situated in what appears to be my baseline ELO, but then once I plateaued I ended up blaming my other teammates for what I could have easily avoided.

The past couple days have been spent reading a lot of the 'how to not rage in ranked' or 'how to increase your ELO' blog posts or Reddit threads. I must say though, that some of the things these people say make a lot of sense and being able to actually, consciously put those suggestions into play helps a lot. I've finally managed to break out of my slump and have been rising slowly, but surely, towards Gold - which is my goal for this season.

So I pose these questions: How often do you make a mistake, whether you think you did or not, and blame another member of your team? Did you realize at the time, or later on, that it was actually your fault? And did you learn from that experience?

Jul 06, 12 at 6:54pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote Lorx
Kat would be a mid choice, a last pick though, since she is very, very easily countered. She would be a reactionary pick to a team without reliable cc to knock her out of her R.

Akali's a stronger top than mid I believe, though currently she's considered kinda eh since she got double-nerfed. That may change with the next patch though.
In other words, Leona, Amumu, Alistar, Malphite, Kassadin, Sion, Malzahar, Cho'Gath, Brand and Annie are either banned, on your team or not in play at all D:. Kat's place in the meta seems to be in a place that don't shine.

Akali's signature weapon is still the Hextech Gunblade. Also, the buff on her E will enable a faster snowballing action.

Jul 06, 12 at 6:06pm
Eternal

I like how you can sometimes tell exactly how the game will turn out just as you enter champ select. The type of people in your team is easily determined by their names, how they greet the team (if that), and how they declare their preferred champs.

Jul 06, 12 at 4:10pm
Lorx

quote Phoenixmon
This is relating to Ranked games: but where do Akali and Katarina go in the current meta game? Personally, I preferred them solo top lane- NOT mid where they're outranged and are forced to deal burst against a usually burstier opponent. Akali top lane more so. Katarina is a hard one, because she deals a ton of harass with her bouncing blades, but they aren't terribly good until level 3 BB because they actually hit the enemy if you target a minion with them.
Kat would be a mid choice, a last pick though, since she is very, very easily countered. She would be a reactionary pick to a team without reliable cc to knock her out of her R.

Akali's a stronger top than mid I believe, though currently she's considered kinda eh since she got double-nerfed. That may change with the next patch though.