Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Sword Art Online » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 03, 12 at 8:35pmEternal

The story follows Kirito and Asuna, who are trapped in the virtual reality game Sword Art Online along with 10,000 other people. Death in the game meant death in real life, and the only way to get out is by completing the game by clearing all 100 floors of the world they are in.
Episodes : 26 (?)
Studio : A1-Pictures
Genre : Action, Fantasy, Adventure
PV

So this is basically the only thing new that interests me this season. My friend said the novel was decent, so I have semi high hopes for it. I really love the MMO setting after Hunter x Hunter's Greed Island arc, and hope that this goes well.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 15, 14 at 12:50am
Eternal

quote Noraf45
I thought Sinon was trying to get stronger in the game so she would be able to be stronger in real life.
But what she's actually doing (subconsciously or not) is separating in game Sinon from Asada Shino. That's why she can shoot guns at people in game, but can't even hold a model gun in real life.

Maybe I should have worded my previous opinion to meant what she's doing, rather than what she wants to do.

Aug 14, 14 at 4:47am
Noraf45

quote Eternal
I also like the the contrast of themes between Kirito and Sinon. One believes that everything you do in a game reflects that of you in real life, while the other is trying to separate her game personality from her real one.
I thought Sinon was trying to get stronger in the game so she would be able to be stronger in real life.

Aug 13, 14 at 5:26am
zanderman

Eh, I think it's a little ahead of ALO and nowhere near as good as SAO. Absolutely hated the PTSD factor. Kirito killed Kuradeel because he was going to kill Asuna, he showed zero regret after since he did it to protect someone he loved.

Aug 12, 14 at 4:25pm
Eternal

I think I can safely say at this point that S2 is a lot better than S1, in terms of execution, pacing, and exploration of themes (yes, it actually has some). Which makes sense since the source material is a lot better.

I really loved the flashback scene in ep6, it was really well done and showed the mood and tension of the

I also like the the contrast of themes between Kirito and Sinon. One believes that everything you do in a game reflects that of you in real life, while the other is trying to separate her game personality from her real one.

Aug 02, 14 at 9:17pm
Stewie

shayne WHERE'VE YOU BEEN MAN

Yeah episode 5 was great lol I love the build-up

Aug 02, 14 at 8:00pm
shayne

holy shit ep 5 blew mah mind

Jul 29, 14 at 4:56pm
Knaruto

quote GlaceonGuy
I always found SAO a little mediocre. The first arc was fine, I quite enjoyed it(not as much as other anime, but still), however when the second arc came around, I was a little disappointed.

Overall: SAO is mediocre at best.

I agree. I was told by someone that it failed to follow the setup of the LN's.

Jul 22, 14 at 11:13am
The Player 75

I have an idea of what he does, but I'd rather watch the show first

Jul 21, 14 at 9:41pm
Duncan Idaho

quote The Player 75

The previous foe owned an entire Company he had resources, he was a threat because of that because he was a Game Master.

Death Gun is a very different kind of threat for several reason, he has brains to plan every death, not only that but he has figured a loop in the system that allows him to commit those acts.

He is more subtle in his methods.

I have given you some clues try to guess what Death Gun does?

Jul 21, 14 at 8:22pm
The Player 75