Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » Sword Art Online » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 03, 12 at 8:35pmEternal

The story follows Kirito and Asuna, who are trapped in the virtual reality game Sword Art Online along with 10,000 other people. Death in the game meant death in real life, and the only way to get out is by completing the game by clearing all 100 floors of the world they are in.
Episodes : 26 (?)
Studio : A1-Pictures
Genre : Action, Fantasy, Adventure
PV

So this is basically the only thing new that interests me this season. My friend said the novel was decent, so I have semi high hopes for it. I really love the MMO setting after Hunter x Hunter's Greed Island arc, and hope that this goes well.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 29, 14 at 4:56pm
Knaruto

quote GlaceonGuy
I always found SAO a little mediocre. The first arc was fine, I quite enjoyed it(not as much as other anime, but still), however when the second arc came around, I was a little disappointed.

Overall: SAO is mediocre at best.

I agree. I was told by someone that it failed to follow the setup of the LN's.

Jul 22, 14 at 11:13am
The Player 75

I have an idea of what he does, but I'd rather watch the show first

Jul 21, 14 at 9:41pm
Duncan Idaho

quote The Player 75

The previous foe owned an entire Company he had resources, he was a threat because of that because he was a Game Master.

Death Gun is a very different kind of threat for several reason, he has brains to plan every death, not only that but he has figured a loop in the system that allows him to commit those acts.

He is more subtle in his methods.

I have given you some clues try to guess what Death Gun does?

Jul 21, 14 at 8:22pm
The Player 75

Jul 21, 14 at 8:19pm
Duncan Idaho

quote The Player 75

Next episode, can't wait!
To answer your question Death gun has a gimmick, but it's not related per se to powers, he discovered a flaw he can exploit.

Jul 21, 14 at 3:24pm
The Player 75

Next episode, can't wait!

Jul 20, 14 at 5:10pm
Willow Vampire

I saw the first two episodes of this at Avcon during the weekend, it didn't sound like my kind of thing because it's quite dark and 'claustrophobic' but I was pretty impressed with what I saw of it. It's a cool idea (quite a popular one in anime at the moment? I also saw Accel World) and the characters look like they're going to become interesting too. It's now on my to-buy list, as unfortunately I can't afford a decent net download which means I miss out on a heap on anime that takes ages to get released on Australian DVD. Blerhg.

Also,

Eyes-half-closed-geek! The lady who voices Asuna was also there but I didn't see her because I'm an idiot.

Jul 18, 14 at 7:16am
Thrawn

quote MegaBassMan
That's how I felt until recently. Rewatching it I realize how well executed the first arc was.
The second arc was terrible, though definitely.

Yeah I thought the same, the first arc was pretty good but things went downhill in the second one.

Jul 18, 14 at 4:04am
MegaBassMan

That's how I felt until recently. Rewatching it I realize how well executed the first arc was.
The second arc was terrible, though definitely.

First two episodes of the new season are all exposition. Not terrible, but there's wasn't much that could be terrible.

Jul 18, 14 at 3:26am
GlaceonGuy

I always found SAO a little mediocre. The first arc was fine, I quite enjoyed it(not as much as other anime, but still), however when the second arc came around, I was a little disappointed.

Overall: SAO is mediocre at best.