Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Difficulty Setting- What do you think? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jul 03, 12 at 3:33pm

What do you fellow neoseekers think about adding a difficulty setting to this game? Would it change the experience to much or would it be a welcome change? Seeing as you could pick the normal setting or an intense setting. Would you want it be interchangeable throughout the game or only once at the beginning? What boss would you like to see be a lot harder?

I myself would very much enjoy a higher level of difficulty to this game. Would really add a level of strategy to this game, even though it already has a great level of strategy.

Discuss

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 06, 12 at 5:52pm
J917

I never played FFXIII but I get your point. They probably would have to increase other stats, but not too much. People would give up grinding stats, like I did for a while if it's too hard, until I found the urge to get (especially) luck up so I could kill the top dark aeons and Nemesis

Jul 06, 12 at 5:13pm
Vicarious

See but if they just raised HP and not any other stats then we would be playing FFXIII again. Where some monsters and bosses really couldn't kill you or give you trouble but it would still take a good five-ten minutes to finish them off. I find those battles to be very annoying and tedious.

Jul 06, 12 at 4:35pm
J917

Fair enough, think I've gotten used to being insulted on the COD forum, so I assumed that I'd take some stick

hmmm... if they did introduce difficulty, I reckon it'd be hard to get the balance. Don't want the top bosses to be impossible unless all stats are maxed or something stupid. Perhaps just increase the HP by a bit for the harder bosses.

Jul 06, 12 at 2:47pm
Vicarious

J917 all opinions are always welcome here.

We have a pretty great community here and I will definitely be here to make sure it stays that way so feel free. Disagreements and debates are always good though because it creates discussion as long as it doesn't reach arguing or flaming levels.

Having a difficulty setting would just be a very cool way to give oldies a new reason to replay the game. Since I'm sure they knoe a lot of us have beaten this game 10 or more times.

Jul 06, 12 at 2:05pm
J917

Possibly, I reckon that having something like 5 different difficulty levels such as Very easy, Easy, Medium, Hard and Very Hard would be a welcome addition. Perhaps a 10% or 15% diffence in stats between each level, and the cap still at 255. If medium was the difficulty in the normal game, then it would require maxing stats even more for the harder difficulty against dark aeons/monster arena. I reckon this is a good idea because I had to do a bit of grinding on my first playthough, but after that it was as easy as hell for me on any later playthroughs.

And I don't know if this community is friendly or not, but this is my opinion, so don't kill me if you disagree.

Jul 06, 12 at 1:44am
Dramon Knight

I figured as much. :\

Only other thing I can think of is not having abilities on your weapons.

Jul 06, 12 at 12:19am
Vicarious

quote Dramon Knight
This is a dodgy idea, but attack combos? Like, using two completely different techs at once and the enemies can do the same for more damage. That could probably be abused as hell, it's just an idea.
Sounds like something that definitely could get very annoying to deal with.

Jul 05, 12 at 1:50pm
Dramon Knight

This is a dodgy idea, but attack combos? Like, using two completely different techs at once and the enemies can do the same for more damage. That could probably be abused as hell, it's just an idea.

Jul 05, 12 at 9:48am
Vicarious

Yeah that could be a pretty sweet option. Don't know if I would ever try it out but if I got bored enough I probably would.

Jul 05, 12 at 7:29am
LOD-squa

Difficulty wouldn't have that Final Fantasy feel, and no matter what if you grind you can just max out sphere grids and still have an easy time with bosses. However something like what Jabba Overkill said would be great. I found myself not using the sphere grid in a couple of playthroughs just to make the game last longer. It'd be awesome to do this.