markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina Borussia Dortmund Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester Verona Genoa Heart of Midlothian Casillas Inter Juventus Siena Lyon Pescara Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town Sunderland AFC Sampdoria Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese Van Der Vaart
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 02, 12 at 7:09pmChelskiman

I'm actually basing this thread off what Tommo said in this thread in the PES 2012 forum in which he said Totti moved to Arsenal for £39m and it got me thinking that the transfer system needs a bit of an overhaul. At the moment you do get these insane fees for players that are in their mid 30's and I think it's because it's based off their over all rating, opposed to their age, which I think is a bit stupid. These players (players like Totti, for example) are still class, but there is absolutely no way anyone would pay £39m for a player that will probably retire in a couple of seasons.

I'm not saying that over all rating shouldn't have anything to do with the price of a player, but I think age and potential should be much bigger factors. A 19 year old that's rated at around 75, should go for way more money than a 35 year old rated at 90. That's a loose example, but I think you all know what I'm trying to say here. It would make transfers a bit more realistic, and it could also mean that you could pick up a good player who is on his way to retirement for a cheap price for a season or two when you are just starting a new ML, especially with the ML Defaults.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 05, 13 at 8:45am
Bluestillidie00

I had a offer of 85 million for David Luiz in the second season. Rejected of course though

Aug 03, 13 at 8:20am
High Road

I've had Ronaldo go from Real to Barcelona (with Iniesta going the other way) then to PSG, then to Manchester United, then go to Juventus and sign for Man City (and link up with Rooney) all in the space of a few years. Bloody mental.

Aug 03, 13 at 8:09am
Gaulty54

Im man city ...have won the league and champions league 5 seasons in a row ....cant sign any decent players ...i have 1..3 billion to waste ....been trying from the start to get pato ,bale and neymar ....only reasonable player i have bought was hulk who is over 30

Aug 01, 12 at 1:05pm
axelvinter

I totally agree with you. For 3 seasons I've been trying to buy Lucio from Roda, of all places, and he just wont even consider it. Last season I won both PL and Champions plus ended up the highest ranking club in the world...

Jul 23, 12 at 10:36am
Tommo

No doubt, you probably could have got £50m for someone of Adam's quality.

Just sold a 29 year old Emanuelson for £60m to Citeh despite the fact he's second choice to Bale and I have Gibbs coming in for £20m. PEShrewd.

Jul 23, 12 at 10:19am
Pestar

I took £34m for Charlie Adam before. That's even worse tbh.

Jul 23, 12 at 8:54am
Tommo

I hate the fact that a player will only join a team who're higher than them in the shitey rankings. I've just won the Premiership, got to the final of the Champions League and I'm now ranked 22nd overall. Teams like Napoli are above me who played Europa League football and finished 5th in Serie A last season. Trying to get Cavani but he's refusing to join because my team's supposedly not good enough for him.

Just got offered £9m to take Muniain on loan for a season. I'm happy to accept it but I can't help feeling like I'm taking money from a downie

Jul 03, 12 at 8:26am
Tommo

Probably agree with you Chelskiman; as entertaining as these preposterous transfers can be, whilst adding a bit of variety to the game (particularly when C, Ronaldo turns up at Barca...), the fees spent needs addressing and I probably wouldn't be too gutted to see more believable transfers going on. I've just started the fourth season of ML and Buffon at the ripe ol' age of 36 has moved from Juve to Milan to Inter and back to Juve for a combined total of £100+ mill. As corrupt as the Italian league may be, I don't think we'd ever see transfers like that in real life.

Got to agree with your idea for making highly rated youths more valuable than a guy in the twilight of his career. Although they'll have to make exceptions for the likes of Chelsea who do enjoy splashing £30+ mill on a player whose best years are behind him

I'd quite like to see them make it harder to buy players from teams in the same league, as well as lowering the price of players who play in the weaker leagues (an 80 rated forward in the French league would go cheaper than an 80 rated forward in the Premiership etc). They need to coordinate the team & league rankings with transfers more accurately n'all.

It's a bit of a dilemma for me however, as ridiculous transfers make the game more fun but if it's realism Konami are aiming for then they need to go in and fix it. Even things like the contracts given and negotiation methods are totally outdated and could do with a revamp (I've always said they should look to FM for advice on this).

Now if there was an option in general settings prior to setting up the game to have either mental or realistic transfers, that would be ideal

Jul 02, 12 at 7:09pm
Chelskiman

I'm actually basing this thread off what Tommo said in this thread in the PES 2012 forum in which he said Totti moved to Arsenal for £39m and it got me thinking that the transfer system needs a bit of an overhaul. At the moment you do get these insane fees for players that are in their mid 30's and I think it's because it's based off their over all rating, opposed to their age, which I think is a bit stupid. These players (players like Totti, for example) are still class, but there is absolutely no way anyone would pay £39m for a player that will probably retire in a couple of seasons.

I'm not saying that over all rating shouldn't have anything to do with the price of a player, but I think age and potential should be much bigger factors. A 19 year old that's rated at around 75, should go for way more money than a 35 year old rated at 90. That's a loose example, but I think you all know what I'm trying to say here. It would make transfers a bit more realistic, and it could also mean that you could pick up a good player who is on his way to retirement for a cheap price for a season or two when you are just starting a new ML, especially with the ML Defaults.