Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » SSB4 May Not Feature New Characters » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Jul 02, 12 at 6:18amGotenks

Smash Bros series creator Masahiro Sakurai has told Nintendo Power that Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS probably won’t feature a host of new characters, because the team want to focus on quality, rather than quantity. Sakurai says that he would rather refine the existing roster, instead of adding additional characters.

“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive.

“In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.”
Of course we may still see new characters. Imo there will be new characters but if he decides to keep the character roster at what Brawls was or even up it to 50, then that would be a fine amount. Hopefully he does fine tune each character better in this game and have them all feel distinctive. Would make for a great game.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 12, 13 at 2:01pm
kisamekage

If character cuts are inevitable then I vote for R.O.B,Olimar,Toon Link, Peach and Jigglypuff 2 times cause she should been cut after Melee and replaced with Mewtwo who should have stayed

Apr 23, 13 at 1:39pm
NoahPouy

Please let Rovio join so they can add the angry birds! PLEEEEEEEASE!??
P.S,

PLEASE

Mar 21, 13 at 11:25am
Daylight

They have to add new characters, if they don't what's the use of getting it besides its portable for the 3ds? I mea come on, i want isaac so badly and a couple characters from the new Fire Emblem game.

Dec 12, 12 at 6:25am
Thrawn

quote Gotenks
I'd be fine if they gave the Mario series one more character. But after that, I don't want anymore.
Same for me. I think they should really focus on the filling the gaps with other series characters.

Dec 11, 12 at 7:07pm
Gotenks

I'd be fine if they gave the Mario series one more character. But after that, I don't want anymore.

Dec 11, 12 at 9:28am
Swampasaur

*Beats table with head*

People can't read anymore.

Dec 11, 12 at 6:56am
Milennin

I'd rather not see any more Mario related characters.

Dec 11, 12 at 6:56am
RegalBryant

*beats table on head*

Dec 11, 12 at 6:46am
bbb7002004

*Beats head on table*

Dec 11, 12 at 6:29am
FoneBoneFan15

It's sad that the new Super Smash Bros. 4 may not feature new characters. What I want is a Paper Mario character.