Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 01, 12 at 4:17pmFluroclad

Karma the Enlightened One

Karma, the Enlightened One

Roles: Mage, Support
Date Released: February 1st, 2011
Costs: 3150 IP PointsIcon.png or 790 RP PointsIcon.png
KarmaIcon.png

Statistics

Health 410 (+86) Health Regen. 4.7 (+0.55)
Mana 240 (+60) Mana Regen. 6.8 (+0.65)
Attack Damage 50 (+3.3) Attack Speed 0.625 (+2.3%)
Armor 15 (+3.5) Magic Res. 30 (+0)
Range 425 Movement Speed 310
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Karma, the Enlightened One, is a champion which was released February 1st, 2011.
Patch: v1.0.0.116
File:Gathering FireIcon.jpg
Gathering Fire
Damaging enemy champions with Karma's abilities refreshes 2 seconds of Mantra's cooldown, and half that amount on basic attacks against enemy champions.
Ability Description Rank Up
Inner FlameIcon.jpg
Inner Flame
(Active): Karma fires a ball of energy that detonates on hitting an enemy, dealing magic damage and slowing surrounding enemies by 25% for 1.5 seconds.

Mantra Bonus: Inner Flame deals bonus magic damage and leaves a 250-radius AoE that slows enemies inside by 50%. After 1.5 seconds the area detonates, dealing magic damage to enemies inside.

Cost: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 mana
Range: 950
Cooldown: 7 / 6.5 / 6 / 5.5 / 5 seconds
Magic Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 260 / (+60% ability power)

Mantra Bonus

Bonus magic damage: 75 / 150 / 225 / 300
Spirit BondIcon.jpg
Spirit Bond
(Active): Karma forms a tether to target enemy champion, revealing and dealing magic damage to the target over 2 seconds at 0.66-second intervals. Gathering Fire is applied every time this ability damages. If the tether is not broken after the 2 seconds, the target is snared.

Mantra Bonus: Focused Resolve deals bonus damage and heals Karma for 20% (+1% per 100 AP) of her missing health upon casting and another 20% (+1% per 100 AP) if leash is not broken.

Cost: 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115 mana
Range: 800
Leash Range: 900
Cooldown: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds
Movement Speed Modifier: 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 8 / 20%
Magic Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 160 / 305 (+0.7 per ability power)
Soul ShieldIcon.jpg
Soul Shield
(Active): Karma summons a protective shield on an ally or herself that absorbs damage for 5 seconds.

Mantra Bonus: In addition to casting the shield, a surge of energy bursts out from the shield dealing magic damage to enemy units around her target.

70: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana
Range: 650 (estimate)
Radius of Damage AoE: 600 (estimate)
Shield Strength & Magic Damage: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 / 280 (+0.8 per ability power)

MantraIcon.jpg
Mantra
(Active): Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Karma gains a charge over time and stores up to 2 charges. The refresh rate is reduced by cooldown reduction and does not progress when having max charges. Both charges may be queued for application on the next 2 abilities. Reload begins when Mantra is activated, not when the charge is applied to another ability.

Mantra is available from level 1 and does not require skill points. The time needed to load a charge is reduced at level 7 and 13.

Cost: No Cost
Cooldown: 0.25 seconds
Charge Reload Time: 30 / 25 / 20 seconds
Champions

Possible my favourite champion in League of Legends. She has an amazing skill set and it requires real skill to play her in any particular role. Yes she is outclassed by other champions but I feel that once you master her she is just as powerful as any other support and AP Carry!

Anyone who has played Karma extensively will know that everyone just hates her because they just aren't skilled at her.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 22, 13 at 5:20pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote Inuyasha
I've faced countless Karma's as support or mid since the re-work, but she's a joy to play, and I'm surprised I don't see her mid more often against assassins. Her shields, mobility, ability to heal/root, and just overall damage is fantastic.
I do like Karma mid, as she's easily one of the best farming champions (I can get ~200 @ 20). She's also one of the less susceptible champions to ganks, especially if warded up properly. The only reason I can think why Karma isn't played mid much in ranked is because her roaming potential isn't great, and she only has one damaging ability. I'd recommend playing her against Nidalee in mid though, since Nidalee's melee form gets ruined by Karma (hence why I wouldn't recommend picking her as a support vs Nidalee).

Oct 22, 13 at 10:55am
wingsofvalorx

quote Inuyasha
Really never knew how much fun Karma's rework was until just a few games ago. Leveling up my smurf and it's Karma free week, so I take her as support. Level 1 bring the enemy Nami to half health through trading, and level two get a double kill, although I did have ignite.

I've faced countless Karma's as support or mid since the re-work, but she's a joy to play, and I'm surprised I don't see her mid more often against assassins. Her shields, mobility, ability to heal/root, and just overall damage is fantastic.

Does this mean you'll get a name change to Best Karma NA and only play Karma?

Oct 22, 13 at 8:41am
Inuyasha

Really never knew how much fun Karma's rework was until just a few games ago. Leveling up my smurf and it's Karma free week, so I take her as support. Level 1 bring the enemy Nami to half health through trading, and level two get a double kill, although I did have ignite.

Jul 13, 13 at 10:19am
captain boo

While I do agree that Sivir and Morgana is amusing, I wouldn't say that it's her best pairing, especially in comparison to Karma and Sivir. Karma's speed steroid , high poke, and lockdown potential with greater peel than Morgana (more consistent) and huge ult synergy between Sivir and Karma makes it stronger in my opinion. I'm also biased and believe Lux and Morgana are just poor supports in general.

Defiance does a ton of things at once. It reduces AoE damage done to your team by a healthy amount, repositions super well and does pretty good damage around the target as well. Defiance in my opinion is pretty hard to counter with CC in my opinion unless it's a coincidence. 60% speed boost leaves little time to react and is instant and unpredictable. Pretty hard to CC someone when they are out of range in less than 1 second.

Lux, when it comes to kiting, has issues with reliability. Her kiting comes from two skillshots, both of which with decent cooldowns. Karma's kiting stems from a skillshot on a low cooldown, a huge speed boost+shield and an emergency snare for when they get to close. Only one skill of Karma's when kiting is dodge-able and she is equipped with mobility herself, unlike Lux. While Lulu has a speed steroid and potent kiting and a shield, I do indeed have a hard time justifying that she's a worse kiter, but because Karma is rewarded from landing spells more than Lulu and has a greater speed increase to create a greater distance faster, which is important for kiting in general. If any support is even with Karma in kiting, it's Janna for sure.

Jul 13, 13 at 1:28am
ShadowCrystallux

quote captain boo
But Karma is a better support than Morgana in almost every way. Karma+Sivir is so mobile it's funny.

Karma does do certain things better than other supports. She's competent by herself and her build is so flexible that it's unreal. As a support, she can build meta things like Shurelya's and Bulwark, but also excels with Twin Shadows, Athenes, Rylai's, and even Iceborn Gauntlet. Her kit and playstyle is highly adaptive to special circumstances in any game.

Karma keeps my interest for so long because she is the best support of the support-mages and is extremely versatile with complex mechanics and incredible capability to pull of elaborate plays.

Karma's E2 is probably one of the best spells in the whole game. Defiance is one of the best supportive spells available to any champion.

Karma is also the best support at kiting. She's so good at it that she can help your entire team kite better with all her AoE slows, snares, and speed buffs.

EDIT: ShadowCrystallux

Morgana isn't a great support, but in the Sivir lane, she has more to offer than Karma does. As we've both noted, she's a strong counterpick but not a great partner pick. Personally, as an AD carry, I'd prefer to have Morgana's 2-3 second snare + 1.5 second stun + cc invulnerability than Karma's hyper mobility and kiting.

Already noted that she's completely competent by herself, she is arguably the best standalone support in the game because she does not heavily rely upon her allies for help. She can survive 1v3 turret dives and take a kill with that, but she cannot peel a group of enemies off of the AD Carry unlike Janna/Lulu/Nami, which is an important part of the late game.

Haha, her builds are really versatile, we've discussed that at great length xD.

Overall, Karma is the best support-mage, but in certain lanes I'd argue that Lux/Morgana perform better. Lux + Ezreal and Morgana + Sivir personally. Karma is my most played champion this year, but my play rate with her is declining, because there's just better team compositions right now.

Defiance is a great spell. But for a semi-ultimate spell, it's very counterable. Any AoE slows, snares, stuns or other cc basically ruins the whole point of it being used, which is why it has to be timed after as much cc is down, or at the beginning of a fight to hopefully regenerate Mantra.

I'd argue that Lux, Karma and Lulu are on par at kiting. Lux's is an AoE slowing field that slows 20-36% for up to five seconds. It has a cooldown of 10 seconds. Lux also has a two target snare, lasting 2 seconds and 1 second, and is in effect instantaneously. The snare has a 15-11 second cooldown. Karma has an instantaneous 25% slow that lasts for 1.5 seconds, shot in a line with a mini explosion radius or an AoE field that lasts for 1.5 seconds and slows for 50%. 7/39-45 second cooldown. Karma also has a snare that lasts for 1-2 seconds, if Karma remains tethered to the target for two seconds. The snare has a 16-12 second cooldown. Karma's shield speeds up an single ally (or in most cases, 5 allies upon using mantra) by 40-60% (60% only upon using Mantra) for 1.5 seconds. This has a 10/39-45 second cooldown. Lulu's is an 80% slow that degrades over two seconds, shot in two lines. It has a 7 second cooldown. Her speed up is single target only, but 35% for 5 seconds is a pretty good deal. Lulu's ultimate gives multi-target knock-up as well as automatic slows for 7 seconds that are 30-60% in strength. Granted, the cooldown is 80 seconds, but it lasts for 7 seconds. Not really kiting as such, but it's extremely useful after the initial engage. You knew that already, but those are the facts that make me think, "actually, Karma's top tier at kiting, but not the absolute best".

Of course it is all team composition dependent, but I'd say Lulu, Lux and Karma equally kite the enemy team.

Jul 12, 13 at 11:43pm
captain boo

But Karma is a better support than Morgana in almost every way. Karma+Sivir is so mobile it's funny.

Karma does do certain things better than other supports. She's competent by herself and her build is so flexible that it's unreal. As a support, she can build meta things like Shurelya's and Bulwark, but also excels with Twin Shadows, Athenes, Rylai's, and even Iceborn Gauntlet. Her kit and playstyle is highly adaptive to special circumstances in any game.

Karma keeps my interest for so long because she is the best support of the support-mages and is extremely versatile with complex mechanics and incredible capability to pull of elaborate plays.

Karma's E2 is probably one of the best spells in the whole game. Defiance is one of the best supportive spells available to any champion.

Karma is also the best support at kiting. She's so good at it that she can help your entire team kite better with all her AoE slows, snares, and speed buffs.

EDIT: ShadowCrystallux

Jul 12, 13 at 11:32pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote captain boo
I think Karma is more of a counterpick to enemy laners rather than a "partner" pick.

Either way, Sivir+Karma is legit stuff, ShadowCrystallux.

It is, and everything is legit with Karma. But Morgana = your Sivir will never be CC'd again.

Jul 12, 13 at 11:09pm
captain boo

I think Karma is more of a counterpick to enemy laners rather than a "partner" pick.

Either way, Sivir+Karma is legit stuff, ShadowCrystallux.

Jul 12, 13 at 9:58pm
ShadowCrystallux

captain boo, she's still really versatile as a support and is a great pick if you don't know who your ADC is going, against most other utility supports, and in a relationship where you don't know your carry all too well. But I cannot think of a lane that another support won't do better (in my terms of support, as in not Blitzcrank/Leona)

(Opinion based, but a lot of them hold pretty true)
Miss Fortune + Nami/Janna
Kog'Maw + Nami/Lulu
Graves + Soraka/Taric
Corki + Janna/Lulu
Caitlyn + Nami/Janna
Ashe + Nami/Janna
Ezreal + Sona/Nami
Draven + Janna/Nami
Sivir + Morgana/Lulu
Quinn + Lulu/Janna
Vayne + Nami/Janna
Varus + Nami/Janna
Twitch + Nami/Janna
Tristana + Janna/Lulu

Karma holds third or fourth place for nearly every AD at the moment imo. Still better as a support than a carry. Nami is just so strong at the moment as a lane partner, and bringing teamfight CC from a range.

NOTE: I have not included Thresh because he's top tier alone.
I have not included Kayle/Zilean because they're further out of the meta as a support than Karma.
I have not included Blitzcrank/Leona/Volibear or any other fighter/tank "support" because I don't play them, and nor does boo as far as I'm aware. Besides, I personally don't rate them as all that great, especially since Blitz is perma'd anyway, Leona is a great standalone support and Volibear...don't even play him support please.

Jul 12, 13 at 10:42am
captain boo

If I have to take Karma mid to play her, I'm not interested. I play her as support.

Besides, if I'm going mid I'll just play Viktor, whom scales better, more reliable damage, higher burst and DPS than Karma, and hard CC.