Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 » W/L Ratio » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Ops Black Ops 2 Brigadier General Colonel 2nd Lieutenant Ghosts Major Lieutenant Colonel Corporal General Captain Lieutenant General 1st Lieutenant Major General Master Sergeant Modern Warfare Modern Warfare 3 Private Sergant Major Sergeant

hideOriginal Post

Jul 01, 12 at 10:16amtheQman

Ok, I want to talk about the W/L ratio in CoD.

I have a fairly low W/L ratio at exactly 0.41, so telling from that I know most of you are already thinking "Oh he sucks", "He must rage quit a lot", "Please don't give him host", but that's not the case. I actually hate rage quitting with a passion because to me that just means either someone pissed me off that much that I wanted to leave (and I hate not getting the last laugh), or the game screwed me over, and I hate when this game screws me over.

But back to the main topic, I wanted to discuss how to change the W/L ratio. I actually have a low W/L ratio because

1. I hate and refuse to play on 8 of the 16 maps in this game (map packs excluded), so whenever I get put into a game on those maps I instantly leave.

And 2. It seems like 80% of the time (no exaggeration) this game puts me into a match where either my team is doing so bad to the point where there is literally no hope, or there's only like 1 minute left in a Team Deathmatch and we are down like 30 kills.

Now I know what I listed probably doesn't apply to everyone, but I was wondering what are some ways we could change it so that we don't take a loss for something we have no control over? I was thinking (and it's probably the obvious solution) maybe if we leave a game before we pick a class it won't count as a loss?

But I want to know your ideas. And just to prove I'm not bad, my K/D in Free for All is 2.11, in Team Deathmatch it's 2.41, and for Team Defender I don't know know how to do the math to find out my ratio (I suck at math) but my kills are 5965 and my deaths are 2773. So what do you think about the W/L?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 06, 12 at 7:21pm
neji 9889

i would have a much higher win loss if not from all the host disconnects, i play FFA primarily and can usually pull 10 win streaks or upwards (my highest is 63) but that somehow only results in a 2.4 WL

dont really get how... because i play the OBJ like a MOFO in any other gametype...

Jul 06, 12 at 4:07am
Destroyer

I have a 5+ W/L in MW3 largely from playing in a party. It would most likely to be below 1 if I played solo all of the time though. Now i've always said the game should not give you a loss if you leave within 30 seconds of joining a game. However, not choosing a class and leaving works just as fine. It won't make the W/L stat completely meaningful because quite frankly, you're still going to get paired up with shit teammates who have no idea what they are doing, thus you're still going to lose a bunch. But it will at least make a small difference. But the chances of something like this being implemented are probably very slim.

Jul 04, 12 at 3:52am
KR_1250

quote theQman
Yeah that's true, but in all honesty if you don't agree with them then just ignore them. I think you are making it worse for yourself by repeating yourself over and over and over again.
Yup, tell me about it.

Im a conversational masochist.

Jul 04, 12 at 3:43am
theQman

quote KR_1250
quote theQman
quote KR_1250
LOL, you mentioned stats theQman

What exactly DID you expect to happen?

"Stats mean nothing"

Its the new trend.
My question was not "Are stats important?", it was what changes can be made so that we don't take a loss that is not our fault. Idk where all this "Stats mean nothing" talk came from.
Yeah, and im saying that any time anyone mentions any stat some smartarse appears to badmouth it.

Doesnt matter what stat, in what game on what forum. Someone always gets a little personal victory from saying how inaccurate they are. Its all a lot of shite.
Yeah that's true, but in all honesty if you don't agree with them then just ignore them. I think you are making it worse for yourself by repeating yourself over and over and over again.

Jul 03, 12 at 1:22am
KR_1250

quote theQman
quote KR_1250

"Stats mean nothing"

Its the new trend.
My question was not "Are stats important?", it was what changes can be made so that we don't take a loss that is not our fault. Idk where all this "Stats mean nothing" talk came from.
Yeah, and im saying that any time anyone mentions any stat some smartarse appears to badmouth it.

Doesnt matter what stat, in what game on what forum. Someone always gets a little personal victory from saying how inaccurate they are. Its all a lot of shite.

Jul 02, 12 at 2:28pm
Zero

Neither stat is definitively better than the other; it's down to personal preference. For someone who plays lone wolf, W/L might be completely irrelevant whereas K/D may mean much more. A person who rolls with a party might favor W/L however because the purpose of being in a party is to win - or to simply have a laugh with mates and not give two shits about stats.

I don't care for either but like I say, that's just me. High stats in a CoD game are hardly gonna get me far in life lol.

Jul 02, 12 at 2:19pm
oL0RDo

I usually play in a party (not always full) and we pretty much always win. We play to win. Always playing the objectives and we all know that K/D is of least importance when you need to get that W. I understand that I'd never be able to get my 20.0 W/L playing with only randoms.

But winning is always the important thing that we strive for. We never just sit back and work on our K/D when we are losing.... Why? Because W/L is more important than K/D.

Jul 02, 12 at 9:04am
theQman

quote KR_1250

"Stats mean nothing"

Its the new trend.

Jul 02, 12 at 8:51am
super sonic

quote oL0RDo
Anyone who says W/L doesn't matter, only says it because he has a bad one.
not true.idk what mine is(at cousins house atm)but that dosent mean its bad.its probably bout even.i been playin extra hours to get the p90 from 30 to 31.took too long...

Jul 02, 12 at 8:28am
bookey24

I think W/L in Mw3 matters a lot. Saying that my W/L is only .86