Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Orianna » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jun 30, 12 at 11:25amShadowCrystallux

Orianna the Lady of Clockwork

Orianna, the Lady of Clockwork

Roles: Mage, Support
Date Released: June 1st, 2011
Costs: 4800 IP PointsIcon.png or 880 RP PointsIcon.png
OriannaIcon.png

Statistics

Health 385 (+79) Health Regen. 5.95 (+0.55)
Mana 250 (+50) Mana Regen. 7.0 (+0.5)
Attack Damage 44 (+2.6) Attack Speed 0.658 (+3.5%)
Armor 8 (+3) Magic Res. 30 (+0)
Range 525 Movement Speed 300
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Orianna Reveck, the Lady of Clockwork, is a champion which was released June 1st, 2011.
Patch: v1.0.0.129
Clockwork WindupIcon.jpg
Clockwork Windup
Orianna’s autoattacks deal an additional 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 (+0.2 per ability power) magic damage every hit. Additionally, subsequent attacks on the same target within 4 seconds deal an extra 15% magic damage per hit. This extra damage bonus stacks up to three times.
Ability Description Rank Up
Command-AttackIcon.jpg
Command: Attack
(Active): Orianna commands her ball to fly towards target location, dealing magic damage to all enemies that the ball passes through and that are on the destination area. However, the ball deals 10% less damage for each subsequent target hit down to a minimum of 40% damage done. Her ball remains behind at that location afterwards.
Cost: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 mana
Range: 825
Cooldown: 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 seconds
Magic Damage: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+0.6 per ability power)
Command-DissonanceIcon.jpg
Command: Dissonance
(Active): Orianna commands the Ball to emit an electric pulse around its current location, dealing magic damage to all units around it and leaving an electric field on the area for 3 seconds. The field speeds up allies and slows enemies that walk over it. This effect diminishes to normal over 2 seconds after leaving the area.
Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 mana
Radius of AoE: 255
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Magic Damage: 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+0.5 per ability power)
Initial Movement Speed Modifier: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
Command-ProtectIcon.jpg
Command: Protect
(Passive): The allied champion the Ball is currently attached to is granted bonus armor and magic resistance.
Bonus Armor & Magic Resist: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
(Active): Orianna commands the Ball to fly to and attach onto an allied champion, dealing damage to enemies it passes through and shielding the allied champion when it arrives for 4 seconds.
Cost: 60 mana
Range: 1,000
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Shield Strength: 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+0.4 per ability power)
Magic Damage: 60 / 90 / 120 / 150 / 180 (+0.3 per ability power)

Command-ShockwaveIcon.jpg
Command: Shockwave
(Active): Orianna commands her ball to unleash a shockwave after a short delay, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies and flinging them into the air a set distance towards, and possibly over, the Ball.
Cost: 100 / 125 / 150 mana
Radius of AoE: 410
Cooldown: 120 / 105 / 90 seconds
Magic Damage: 150 / 225 / 300 (+0.7 per ability power)
Champions

Well somehow the Jayce thread seems to be sparking a lot of discussion on other champions, and Orianna is next in the firing line. I personally feel that she is one of the least viable characters, and find her beyond difficult to use. Her spells deal little damage and her passive requires a bit of smart play to get right. So guys, I ask you: Have you tried Orianna? Did you like playing her? Was the difficulty tag correct? Is she better played as a support or a mage?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 25, 12 at 7:59pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote BluAnimal
quote ShadowCrystallux
"Damage isn't everything" I'll still take ~120 AP and quite a nice amount with mana regen and massive increase of base mana over 60 AP with 'unlimited' mana regen and a small amount of MR with some CDR. I think the only two champions I use athene's on still are Anivia and Swain. I need to get Orianna, because from what I've heard it's still a kind of core item on her. I think she's one of the 5 mages I'm missing .
I have around 400 AP with maxed CDR and some nice sustainability. Although I will admit, everyone rushes Liandry's and Athene's. maybe update Item of the Week with those two and we can discuss?
You can update if ya'd like ?

Dec 25, 12 at 7:08pm
BluAnimal

quote ShadowCrystallux
"Damage isn't everything" I'll still take ~120 AP and quite a nice amount with mana regen and massive increase of base mana over 60 AP with 'unlimited' mana regen and a small amount of MR with some CDR. I think the only two champions I use athene's on still are Anivia and Swain. I need to get Orianna, because from what I've heard it's still a kind of core item on her. I think she's one of the 5 mages I'm missing .
I have around 400 AP with maxed CDR and some nice sustainability. Although I will admit, everyone rushes Liandry's and Athene's. maybe update Item of the Week with those two and we can discuss?

Dec 25, 12 at 7:05pm
ShadowCrystallux

Dec 25, 12 at 5:04pm
BluAnimal

I've only played her about 50 games but so far my build is:

Sorcerer's Boots
Athene's Unholy Grail
Rabadon's Deathcap
Zhonya's Hourglass
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
And either Guardian Angel or Void Staff.

I tend to build her incredibly tanky.

tashur astur have you tried scaling CDR glyphs? That's what I've been using.

Dec 25, 12 at 4:30pm
Tashur Astur

Tear of the Goddess or Rod of Ages now, they both got alot better and athene's got nerfed, I find problem reaching the critical 40% cdr now though, cdr boots are no longer good and athene's is anti-baller... What do..?

Dec 25, 12 at 12:48pm
captain boo

Orianna is a tough champ to actually use to her full potential.

However, I don't find her that hard to use overall, getting a grasp on her mechanics is a bit awkward, but later once you have a mana engine, you can kind of throw the ball around and pulse your W and be kind of effective, haha.

I play her mid sometimes, I have fun with her.

Dec 25, 12 at 9:44am
Rune Ripper

I didn't have too much trouble getting used to her, I can see why it'd be difficult for some though. Love her though, I really like mid champs who are just as effective helping the team as they are slaughtering the enemies.

Dec 25, 12 at 9:13am
Jimmy007

Tried her for the first time today since she's free and she was so much fun. The first game I ended up like 6/1, had a triple kill with my ult and they surrendered shortly after that.
The second game I started off good like 3/0 against an Annie but after that it went downhill and I ended up 3/3 and my team surrendering despite me saying No :L
I heard she had a high learning curve but I didn't find her that hard ._.

Dec 24, 12 at 5:58pm
Bass Ultra

I think I played her maybe once just a little while ago, found her awkward. Play her today, holy balls so fun.

Nov 11, 12 at 6:34am
Tashur Astur

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'd always take my first completed item over boots 2 on any champion. Gotta remember to prioritize boots after initial tier 2/3 item though... otherwise you're *bleep*ed.