Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Villager's Voices » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Gracie Rudy KK Slider Poppy Present Tex Acorn Rotten Acorn Wallpaper Small Acorn Tangy Umbrella Goldie Stitches Apple Axe Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Bluebear Candy Cheri Cherries Chief Coconut DJ KK Durian Pond Smelt Fishing Rod Fossil Gold Roses Golden Axe Golden Fishing Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Pink Ribbon Gracie Gyroid Bamboo Seed Mango Kicks Kiki Isabelle Purple Ribbon Leif Lemon Lychee Melba Bell Bag Net Tom Nook T and T Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Orange Peach Pear Persimmon Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Pitfall Seed Pudge Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Party Popper Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Snapper Red Tulips Redd Reese Leaf Shirt Shovel Skye Slingshot Perfect Apple Cherry Watering Can White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Wolfgang Lobo Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Large Acorn
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!

hideOriginal Post

Jun 28, 12 at 10:39pmHeibai

This randomly popped into my mind, so I thought I'd ask it.

I know that when I play Animal Crossing, I always keep the "language" set on the default Animalese option. I find it to be extremely adorable and fitting for this game. Then of course, there is Bebebese which apparently the player speaks in (like when catching a fish) as well as the animals when the mutter or speak aside. And finally the depressing Silence option, which is, well, silent.

Would you rather have a different option to chose from, perhaps a more discernible language? Like voice acting (which I am personally against in this case)? What do you use?

And I'm not sure if this is just me being myself, but I hate when I have Animalese turned on and a number of my villager sound the same...

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 20, 12 at 11:34am
Uvailable

I don't mind the animal 'voices.'
I think it adds character to the game.

Nov 20, 12 at 10:05am
snow

I like it Silenced

Nov 19, 12 at 11:32am
Capn Droid

I remember StarFox Command allowing you to record your voice, then it mixes your voice to match the registers of the characters when they spoke Animalese... I wonder if that'd work for this game. :?

Animalese is definitely the way to go though. Bebebese is too monotone, and Silent is just depressing.

Nov 19, 12 at 12:10am
Jeakboy

I don't think I would want the "language" things should change really, since playing the original AC:GC I loved the Animalese, it seemed so suitable and I liked it immediately. I miss my Gamecube, I feel like playing that version over both the DS and WII versions while waiting for AC:NL, it was my favourite. I wonder what it'd be like with voice acting?

Sep 02, 12 at 1:12am
Justin

That's actually a very good point.

Neighbors in City Folk lacked any variety what so ever, so adding different voices may be an addition to their individuality that they will hopefully each have. I'm all for diversity in terms of neighbors and species, so I love that idea!

Aug 29, 12 at 6:27pm
DedValve

I just want anamalese to be more different and varied. Like a different VA doing the anamelese for each species of animal then quickly change the pitch to offer different pitches that way it'd be more varied.

It would be a very nice touch.

Aug 29, 12 at 3:47am
teh Epic duck

I would like animals to stay talking like that. maybe fish could talk in that player-voice-bubble thingy xD

Aug 03, 12 at 5:51pm
Charlie

I've always used Animalese. IT'S JUST SO KAWAII OMG!

But yeah, I could never play on silent. I don't see how anyone could. D:

Jul 12, 12 at 8:00am
Phi

I do like animalese. :3 It's very cute.
    I wouldn't mind voice acting something like in the Zelda games where the character is still speaking gibberish but it's a bit more defined.

Jul 07, 12 at 3:54am
Midnight

Oh I'm glad I'm a silly goose and not a monster. Ayee. 8DD
Nothing wrong with Bebelese! I think it sounds funny!! >>: !!! I don't see anything monstrous about that. >>: