Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Galio » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jun 28, 12 at 1:46amShadowCrystallux

Galio the Sentinel's Sorrow

Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Roles: Mage, Tank
Date Released: August 10th, 2010
Costs: 4800 IP PointsIcon.png or 880 RP PointsIcon.png
GalioIcon.png

Statistics

Health 435 (+85) Health Regen. 7.45 (+0.75)
Mana 235 (+50) Mana Regen. 7.0 (+0.7)
Attack Damage 56.3 (+3.375) Attack Speed 0.638 (+1.2%)
Armor 17 (+3.5) Magic Res. 30 (+0)
Range 125 Movement Speed 310
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow, is a champion which was released August 10th, 2010.
Patch: v1.0.0.135
Runic SkinIcon.jpg
Runic Skin
Galio receives 50% of his total magic resistance as additional ability power.
Ability Description Rank Up
Resolute SmiteIcon.jpg
Resolute Smite
(Active): Galio fires a concussive blast from his eyes to a target location, dealing magic damage to all enemies hit and reducing their movement speed for 2.5 seconds.
Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
Range to Center of AoE: 900
Radius of AoE: 175
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Magic Damage: 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 (+0.7 per ability power)
Slow: 24 / 28 / 32 / 36 / 40%
Projectile Speed: 1,300
BulwarkIcon.jpg
Bulwark
(Active): Galio shields an allied champion for 4 seconds, increasing their armor and magic resistance. Each time that unit takes damage, Galio is healed. The heal is 20% weaker than the last for each consecutive hit.
Cost: 60 mana
Range: 800
Cooldown: 13 seconds
Bonus Armor & Magic Resistance: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90
Heal: 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 (+0.3 per ability power)
Righteous GustIcon.jpg
Righteous Gust
(Active): Galio unleashes a gust of magical wind that deals magic damage to all enemies in its path. A directional draft remains for 5 seconds, increasing the movement speed of allies passing through it.
Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana
Range: 1,000
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Magic Damage: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+0.5 per ability power)
Movement Speed Bonus: 20 / 28 / 36 / 44 / 52%

Idol Of DurandIcon.jpg
Idol Of Durand
(Active): Galio channels for 2 seconds, taunting nearby foes and reducing 50% of incoming damage.

After channeling, Galio deals magic damage to surrounding enemies, plus an additional 5% damage for each attack suffered while channeling and capping at 40% bonus damage. It can be cancelled early and will deal full damage.

Cost: 100 mana
Radius of AoE: 600
Cooldown: 150 / 135 / 120 seconds
Base Magic Damage: 220 / 330 / 440 (+0.6 per ability power)
Maximum Magic Damage: 308 / 462 / 616 (+0.84 per ability power)
Champions

By far he is one of my favourite support tanks. Correct that- my favourite support tank. Mass slow, Mass speed up, Mass taunt and Single target defence buffs make him an amazing support, his passive synchronizes the use of Abysall Scepter and make it doublely effective on him. Same with Athene's and it actually makes Merc Treads give a bit of damage. Also those low cooldowns are just fun. Only problem I really find with Galio as a semi-support is that he actually needs the cs many supports don't really need.

So guys, what do you think of Galio?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 14, 13 at 5:44am
BluAnimal

If we're assuming just lane here, I believe Galio would win. Now full build? My money's on Kassadin with a void staff. It all depends. Kassadin is at his weakest pre-6, but so is Galio. The amount of tackiness Galio brings and the fact that he's an anti-Mage doesn't help Kassadin but its not enough to really shut him down. I would see this matchup as Kassadin heads off to roam to a lane while Galio pushes for a potential tower. Kassadin's lack of CC wouldn't help, but Galio's needing to land skill shots on a very slippery champion.

In the end it'll just be a stalemate unless there is some huge difference in player skill. Implying jungler is no where to be seen.

Mar 14, 13 at 2:14am
Couttsy

quote ShadowCrystallux
Question: Would Galio or Kassadin win in a prolonged lane? (Forgetting individual skill for a second). I would've thought Galio because Kassadin would deal so little damage to him, to Kassadin negating 15% of Galio's damage. Galio can't do anything silence, but Kassadin can't do anything when taunted.
i would say it depends on what stage of the game they are in, early game i think kass would win but late game i think galio would win

Mar 13, 13 at 5:41pm
ShadowCrystallux

Question: Would Galio or Kassadin win in a prolonged lane? (Forgetting individual skill for a second). I would've thought Galio because Kassadin would deal so little damage to him, to Kassadin negating 15% of Galio's damage. Galio can't do anything silence, but Kassadin can't do anything when taunted.

Oct 11, 12 at 2:15pm
Croka

quote Chaosfire
Fun Fact, Galio Bot is the only bot that uses flash, and he only uses flash to flash and attack with his ult. Just thought that was something funny.
Fiddle bot also does that.

Oct 11, 12 at 1:57pm
captain boo

Bumping this because I love this gargoyle.

Anyway, I've been playing a lot of him mid recently. He's so disgustingly powerful mid. Most champs can't even touch him and he wins against Morgana(and so many others) in mid, or so my experience says.

I've been rushing Chalice and Mercury's Treads, then I build up my chalice into Athene's and proceed to RoA, or start with RoA if I see need. Last few items are situational.

After trying it, I will never, ever, ever play Galio without Teleport anymore. You have no idea how fun it is to gank a lane with your ult in seconds. Usually ends up in a kill or double kill for you or the champ in that lane.

I just had a Vayne accuse me of being pathetic and terrible because I got fed off of my ganks on bot lane with mostly teleport ganks. Eventually my team figured out that warding their lane resulted in better ganks and it just got more fun from there.

This underplayed stone sentinel needs more love.

Jun 28, 12 at 5:57pm
Fluroclad

Some people need learn that Galio just needs to rush magic resist because that's how he shits over all other AP carries mainly because he can damage them for twice their damage output

Jun 28, 12 at 8:58am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Chaosfire
Fun Fact, Galio Bot is the only bot that uses flash, and he only uses flash to flash and attack with his ult. Just thought that was something funny.
I noticed that too. I was left thinking- "Why doesn't any bot use flash?" Next game, Galio Bot had flash. I thought it was a glitch .

Jun 28, 12 at 7:40am
Chaosfire

Jun 28, 12 at 7:00am
Archangel

The only time I would play Galio is to counter someone in mid. I don't think I've ever seen, or would ever play, him top - unless the enemy has Swain top. I personally like to use him when the enemy team has chosen 2+ AP champs, preferably 3 but you don't often see that anymore.

Jun 28, 12 at 3:16am
ShadowCrystallux

quote euben0
I think Galio's really fun to play, I would usually play him solo top. The flash R is pretty fun to pull off.
I would play solo top if there wasn't anything better to go there . He trades excellently and can survive for absolutely ages in lane, but if we don't have a support, I'll go bottom.