Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Why wasn't Isaac put in Melee to promote Golden Sun? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Jun 27, 12 at 11:47amGaTheZakk

Why wasn't Isaac put in Super Smash Bros Melee to promote Golden Sun?
They could of did it considering there was characters that should not of been there in the first place, like Pichu.
Golden Sun was released that same year and Ninteno knew that it was coming out, but still they don't promote Golden Sun by putting Isaac in Melee (also Golden Sun was the GBA game of the year that year).
My point, Isaac should have been in Melee instead of a useless character like Pichu.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 27, 12 at 10:01am
Gotenks

quote GaTheZakk
I'm trying to do both.

Why?

Because for one, I can't post anything Golden Sun in the Golden Sun Forums, Gotenks, its such a dull forum.

If I want to mention my GS teams, I will, don't tell me what to do.

Actually, I can tell you what to do because I am the moderator of this forum. If you want to discuss things that are about the Golden Sun games like what team you use, you put that in a Golden Sun forum. It's not my problem if they're dull. That kind of discussion belongs there, not here. I can easily just remove your posts if you don't follow what I am saying. I was trying to be nice but if you're gonna act like this then I won't play as nice.

Again, this topic is for Golden Sun series being in Smash Brothers. Not what team you use in the Golden Sun games.

Nov 27, 12 at 9:21am
AgatioGanon

I'm trying to do both.

Why?

Because for one, I can't post anything Golden Sun in the Golden Sun Forums, Gotenks, its such a dull forum.

And more importantly, yes this thread is about Isaac and friends, which means talk about Isaac being in Super Smash Bros and metion other characters from the GS series at the same time, I can do both.

Focus on connection to SSB, then try connecting GS characters that are mentioned to SSB.

Whether they are color schemes, assist trophies, collectable trophies, name it.

Its not all about Isaac you know.

Nov 26, 12 at 1:56pm
Gotenks

quote GaTheZakk
I built a bridge to get over some things, like the fact that I do have a main team in Dark Dawn, at least I have that.

Matthew
Karis
Amiti
Eoleo

My main 4 protagonists used in this game.
This is to discuss Golden Sun in Smash Brothers. What team you use in a Golden Sun game, goes in a Golden Sun forum, not here.

Nov 26, 12 at 1:01pm
Swampasaur

quote GaTheZakk
Well this thread techically is for discussing Isaac and friends, so maybe I'll focus more on that.
True. But we should focus on the connection to SSB.

quote GaTheZakk
Trust me, there is alot of things I like about Golden Sun that could be discussed.
We were aware.

quote GaTheZakk
I built a bridge to get over some things, like the fact that I do have a main team in Dark Dawn, at least I have that.

Matthew
Karis
Amiti
Eoleo

Cool!

Nov 25, 12 at 10:51pm
AgatioGanon

Well this thread techically is for discussing Isaac and friends, so maybe I'll focus more on that.

Trust me, there is alot of things I like about Golden Sun that could be discussed.

Matthew
Karis
Amiti
Eoleo

Nov 25, 12 at 1:13pm
Swampasaur

Gak. You realise that most of your post is saying that you do not like certain characters or things when others may like them right?

Not a good arguement.

Also the Trueforce is a fan term.

The correct term would be Triforce.

Nov 25, 12 at 11:18am
RegalBryant

I like the new cast more than the old cast, except for Ivan and Piers. The only members of the new cast I don't like more are Himi and Karis.

Opinions: They may be differ from yours. Build a bridge and get over it.

Nov 25, 12 at 2:55am
BlueLore

GaTheZakk:
New casts aren't something bad,actually one of my favourite aspects of RPGs is to let me surprise which characters will join my group.
But that isn't possible if the casts repeats every game.

Also I think this is not the place for your fanfictions who are unlikely either way(Rief being Alex son too?Why would mia have a son with alex?And why should amiti turn evil?Sure his father isn't exactly nice,but that isn't a reason for him to suddenly turn into an evil overlord or something like that)

Also Krusha being playable in a dk64 remake wouldn't make sense at all.First of all there is no reason why they should change something that drastically and another thing is that krusha isn't even a real character,but the name of a subrgoup of enemies.
Would be like saying goomba should join mario in one of the game

Nov 24, 12 at 11:05pm
AgatioGanon

First off, I do hate Alex, I would love to beat him, but I'm talking about the Golden Sun power Alex recieved in Lost Age after Felix and Isaac light the final beacon.

The Wise One ( Rock with one eye ) said Alex has gained alot of power, but he isn't unstoppable because Isaac recieved the other fraction of the Golden Sun power.

I was saying that its merely simular to how Link and Ganon fight for the triforce, I once read that the creaters were inspired by the Zelda series.

The Trueforce is when one gathers all parts of the Triforce, Sheik once mentioned this.

I was merely saying how pointless Mtthew's existance is, they really should have kept the original cast, another thing that made me mad was Alex actually having a son?

Can we trust Amiti?

Amiti was cool in Dark Dawn, in fact the only ones I really liked were him and Karis, but what if he turns bad?

Maybe Rief is Alex's son too, if so I know he's going to turn bad.

Perhaps Alex made Rief out of alchemy to trick Mia?

Why did Dark Dawn have such derpy characters?

Matthew is Isaac rip off, we might as well just have Isaac the main character

Tyrell is worse than Garet, he's dumber too

Karis is actually cool, I really like her

Rief is a dork, I actually think he might be Alex's son, also he like to listen to Kraden talk, who the bleep likes to do that?

Amiti, son oof Evil, Alex, but he's cool, I like playing as him, alot, if you like Piers, you'll like him, they have the same moveset because Alex has a same moveset as Piers since Alex was originally planned to be playable in Lost Age, but they scrapped that idea and created Piers and Lemuria.

Sveta, what is this thing? Where's Sheba or at least Sheba's desendent, because this Sveta chick is weird?

Eoleo, you know, that baby from Lost Age that says GooGoo GaGa, I don't know why he's playable to be honest, but he's ok I still use him whenever I need a Mars Adept, and besides, I play as him for Brigg's honor.

Himi, they just threw this character in obviously, she's not that important at all, I really don't know why she's playable at all tbh.

I'm boycotting buying tennis or golf games untill another GS is made, I perfer Mario Kart anyway, so I'm not missing much.

As for that DK64 remake rumor, about Krusha, well he would be the only Kremling to turn on K Rool in that game, Snide turned on him for firing him, K Lumbsy turned on him for locking him up, I was thinking maybe Krusha turns on K Rool for replacing him with Kasplat to back at him?

Nov 24, 12 at 9:11pm
Gotenks

quote GaTheZakk
Its not that I don't appreciate thier work, its the fact that they are too lazy to make GS games and they have make irrelavent games like Tennis or Golf.
Who says they're being lazy on making a new Golden Sun game? Maybe the fact that Dark Dawn was poorly receive and didn't sell many copies has a factor on why there is no new one. Not to mention Nintendo may of not even asked them to make a new one yet either. It's not because they're lazy lol.

quote GaTheZakk
Another thing, I heard a rumor that Camelot is to work on a Donkey Kong 64 remake for the 3ds, let me ask you, Swampasaur, do you want Camelot to make a Donkey Kong game?

A game that they know nothig anout making, I wouldn't want that, I think they;d ruin it.

Never heard of that rumor and when it comes to Mario/DK series, I usually keep up to date with it.

How could they know nothing about the game? It's been out for over ten years and if they were working on it, they are working on REMAKING the game. They aren't starting from scratch lol.