Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » FIFA Soccer 13 » New Features » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Hey!

Please read the FIFA 13 Rules and Guidelines before posting to ensure that your posts do not breach any of the existing sitewide or forum-specific rules and regulations.

Also, it is extremely beneficial to everyone if posts are easy to read and comprehend. Correct spelling and basic punctuation make posts seem less clustered and promotes a good image of the poster. Additionally, it is easier to get your point across if your post is easy to understand.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Jun 26, 12 at 1:18pmToonUltra

quote EA
FIFA 13 captures all the drama and unpredictability of real-world football, and is driven by five game-changing innovations which revolutionize artificial intelligence, dribbling, ball control and physical play. It is the largest and deepest feature set in the history of the franchise. These innovations create a true battle for possession across the entire pitch, deliver freedom and creativity in attack, and capture all the drama and unpredictability of the real-world game.

Attacking Intelligence:
Players have the ability to analyse space, work harder and smarter to break down the defense, and think two plays ahead. Plus, players make runs that pull defenders out of position and open passing channels for teammates.

Complete Dribbling:
Face your opponent and use precise dribble touches combined with true 360-degree mobility with the ball. Be more creative and dangerous in 1v1 opportunities.

1st Touch Control:
A new system transforms the way players control the ball, eliminating near-perfect touch for every player, and creating more opportunities for defenders to capitalise on errant balls and poor touches to win back possession.

EA SPORTS Football Club:
Join the club and experience football’s social network. Earn rewards, level up, enjoy live Challenges, and connect with friends. Everything within FIFA 13, and against friends, is measured in a meaningful way. Fans can earn rewards to unlock items from the new Football Club Catalogue, and build their status as they climb 100 levels. Real-world storylines drive Football Club through regular challenges so that FIFA 13 will look, feel and play like the real-world season. Support Your Club and compete against rivals in every area of the game, lifting your club higher in the league tables or helping them avoid relegation. Plus, the new EA SPORTS Football Club App for the iPhone enables fans to access to their EA SPORTS Football Club identity and friends, manage their FIFA Ultimate Team, search the live auctions and bid to win new players.

Better With Kinect™ (with Xbox 360):
Voice Commands: Administer your squad the way real-world managers organize their clubs during a match. Use voice commands to instantly activate tactics, change formations, or initiate substitutions, and enjoy the strategic advantage of managing your club without pausing the game.
Pitch Commands: Think, react and play like a professional footballer utilising voice commands on the pitch in Be A Pro mode. Shout for a pass, send a teammate on a run or call for a shot the way real footballers communicate on the pitch.
Referee Feedback: Referees and linesmen are influenced by what they hear. Coarse language directed towards an official may be mentioned by commentators or influence a referee’s strictness and decision-making around fouls and bookings, the same way it does in real life. Plus, storylines will develop in Career Mode when players and managers let their emotions get the better of them.
The part I'm intrigued about is the Kinect part of the new features. Would be pretty cool to shout "Piss off" to the ref and to get reprimanded. What do you think?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 30, 12 at 11:16am
JonesLFC

quote Chelsea Mint FC
No huge installments from FIFA 12, but I'm liking the attacking intelligence. It's so frustrating playing a game and being in a good attacking position but your team mates are too stupid to make the run or go where you want them to. Hopefully this changes and offers something more creative.

Complete dribbling seems fun, hopefully it will work well with skills and the 1-touch addition could be annoying, but it will be a change from FIFA 12 and should add some realism in intricate areas of football.
you must be quite new to ea. Obviously you havent noticed them bragging about the ai intelligence every year

Jul 30, 12 at 8:44am
Chelsea Mint FC

No huge installments from FIFA 12, but I'm liking the attacking intelligence. It's so frustrating playing a game and being in a good attacking position but your team mates are too stupid to make the run or go where you want them to. Hopefully this changes and offers something more creative.

Complete dribbling seems fun, hopefully it will work well with skills and the 1-touch addition could be annoying, but it will be a change from FIFA 12 and should add some realism in intricate areas of football.

Jul 30, 12 at 8:25am
Jord22

The dribbling isn't any different, they just change the button that does it lol.

Think I'll go mental with these new shit touches tbh.

Jul 29, 12 at 6:07pm
JonesLFC

what scott said ^

I swear there's a new dribbling feature every year and there never actually is

tbh I cant believe im going to say this, but right now im actually looking more forward to pro evo

can imagine fifa being samey again whereas pro evo is different and refreshing to play for a change

Jul 29, 12 at 5:37pm
Scott

another new dribbling feature. yawn. i bet you won't even be ablte to tell any difference to it but it's just something they will claim is "new".

i do agree the attacking ai are *bleep*ing idiots. time after time i will be running out wide and instead of running into the box my ai team mate will run down towards me like a mong. sometimes it's like he wants to give me a race to see who can get to the touchline first. so an improvement in that could be decent.

some of the first touches on fifa 12 are downright crap anyway so it will be brilliant to see even worse ones on fifa 13. yipee.

Jul 14, 12 at 7:03pm
Wilbz

quote Foquinha
it's almost like the people who make this game don't even play it

attacking intelligence? sort the *bleep*ing defending out for the love of god

Didn't they sort out defending last year? Best it's been in years I'd say. Attacking for me needs a massive overhaul, the AI is beyond poor when it comes to making run and getting in the right positions.

The best new feature, if it's done right will be the 1st touch control. This should of been done a long long time ago, 1st touch is one of the most important factors in a game and right now it's shocking and always has been.

Jul 14, 12 at 8:22am
Saints Fan

Pretty cool if you can influence the ref. So I feel less stupid when I'm sitting shouting "THAT'S A FOUL YOU BIASED GIT" at the TV.

Jul 14, 12 at 8:08am
D3structor

I'd threaten to rape the referee wouldn't that be fun!?

But what if the kinect takes what you say differently

Me: OK, That was a fair booking.

Kinect: *bleep* off you piece of shit ref! Burn in hell!

Ref: Ok, thats a red.

Yea...

Jul 12, 12 at 12:11pm
Validation

Saudi Arabia league is a new one. King Fahd is included as well I think.

Jul 11, 12 at 12:54am
Devildoctor

The problem is that the people that create this game are Canadians. Why doesn't a football playing nation like England or a European country create Fifa franchise?