Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Female Characters on the Roster » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Game and Watch Bowser Bowser Jr Captain Falcon Charizard Dark Pit Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Greninja Ike Jigglypuff King Dedede Kirby Link Little Mac Lucario Lucina Luigi Mario Marth Mega Man Meta Knight Ness Olimar Pac-Man Palutena Peach Pikachu Pit ROB Robin Rosalina Samus Sheik Shulk Sonic Toon Link Villager Wario Wii Fit Trainer Yoshi Zelda Zero Suit Samus Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Mega Man Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Punch-Out Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Pac-Man Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Xenoblade Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Jun 24, 12 at 2:21pmGaTheZakk

Ok I think this needs pointed out, too many guys bearly any female character reps.
My philosiphy is that every frachise in Super Smash Bros needs there own Zelda or Peach.
I also must point out that Super Smash Bros series has the least playable females of any fighting game, for example look at the roster on Tekken 6 or Soul Calibur 4, there is alot of chicks on those rosters and lets not forget that Tekken back in the day only had one or two female fighters.
I'm going to list a few female characters that should be each series' Zelda.
Mario: Peach of course
Donkey Kong: I think they should add Dixie Kong as Diddy's partner and have a Ice Climer mechanic for them.
Warioware: ether Ashley or Mona,I'll take ether over none.
Lengend of Zelda: Zelda, my current favorate female character in smash.
Toon Zelda series: Toon Zelda since she was going to be in Brawl any way.
Metroid: Samus, duh.
Starfox: Krystal
Pokemon: Female Pokemon Trainer
Sonic: Amy Rose
Golden Sun: Mia
Fire Emblem: Caeda or Michaiah
Earthbound: Paula, replace Lucas with her.
Metal Gear Solid: Mei Ling maybe, I don't know
What does Sakurai have against female characters, there is just as many female gamers that play
Super Smash Bros as there is guys, bring on the Super Smash Sisters!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 13, 13 at 6:32pm
EvilTediz597

How about Robin Hooter?

Because if they've confirmed a Pilotwings level, might as well have a character to go with it.

Sep 13, 13 at 3:48pm
AgatioGanon

quote BlueLore
Well Lucina was more or less designed to resemble marth and she is more or less a tertiary main character of her game,so not that important.

however I've once read the idea of including chrom and lucina as a duo of some sort,that would make them at least somewhat unique.

The tactician could also be a nice option for a female character for the fire emblem series(the tactician can bei either male or female,they could simply go for the female version,just like the wiifit-trainer)
I like the idea of the Chrom and Lucina duo, it could work the same way choosing Zelda or Sheik works in Brawl, this also opens doors to perhaps the female Pokémon Trainer if the Trainer was to return.

They could do this with Diddy too.

I'd rather not have these character Ice Climer like though, the Ice Climers kind of become hindered with their style, if the Ice Climers return I'd like this done with them too where we can choose to be eiter Nana or Poo.

Sep 13, 13 at 5:26am
BlueLore

Well Lucina was more or less designed to resemble marth and she is more or less a tertiary main character of her game,so not that important.

however I've once read the idea of including chrom and lucina as a duo of some sort,that would make them at least somewhat unique.

The tactician could also be a nice option for a female character for the fire emblem series(the tactician can bei either male or female,they could simply go for the female version,just like the wiifit-trainer)

Sep 12, 13 at 7:02am
AgatioGanon

Well we just got Peach, perhaps Nintendo's most popular female character, sure we kind of figured she'd return, but it is another female character to play as, so far that makes three, plus Zelda should be on her way too as well as Jigglypuff as far as returning female characters go.

They might decide to include Dixie with Diddy and they'd be the new Ice Climer like team.

Not sure if Nana will make the cut though.

I hope Lucina is added, Fire Emblem should have a female character, I think the series could have three characters too, so they could put Marth, Ike and Lucina, something like that, I don't know I think Chrom would be too similar to Marth, and Marth has to be in it, Lucina offers not only a womans touch to the blade, but I think though she seems like she too would be too similar to Marth, I think Sakurai would make sure they both were unique in their own ways, as for Ike, he's just different altogether, I think they should keep him, what can I say, I like Ike.

Sep 03, 13 at 8:19pm
Eiche

GaTheZakk, if you want to get technical, Pikachu, Pichu, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Charizard could all be considered female as well (not including Mewtwo because it's genderless in-game).
I will give you the fact that there should technically be more female Jiggly's than male, though.

As for Gardevoir and gender evolutions, Gardevoir was originally the only Ralts (final) evolution, and Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir wwre introduced in Generation 3, before gender-based evolutions were introduced in Generation 4.
Gamefreak are real sticklers about changing evolution methods, as seen by Gardevoir being male/female and Gallade male only, haha!

Only female characters I'm looking forward to are Zelda/Sheik. Though I wasn't great with Sheik, I really enjoyed playing as her!

Sep 03, 13 at 7:23pm
AgatioGanon

After seeing Wit Fit Trainer, maybe Sakurai is starting to notice the lack of females in Super Smash Bros.

In a way we only have like 4, Samus, Peach and Zelda, and Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff is intended to be a female Pokémon, but somebody can easily call it a he due to the existence of male Jigglypuffs, sad thing is this can be done to the most feminine of Pokémon, look at Gardevoir, although male Ralts are supposed to evolve into Gallade, not sure why Gamefreak never designed them so they can't, male Combees can't become Queen Bees that are Vespiquen.

Nana usually gets overlooked because she's paired with Popo, plus I'd rather see female characters that are from more popular series in Super Smash Bros such as Mona, Cooking Mama, female Pokémon Trainer, Fire Emblem chick, stuff like that.

I have to say we have yet to see the one female character I'm sure ALOT of die hard Nintendo fans are dying to see, Peach.

I simply can't wait to see Peach, we have to see Peach before Zelda, this is why I've been saying about seeing Ganon as the next Zelda character, we have yet to see Peach let alone Zelda.

Sep 03, 13 at 1:48pm
Little Cheese

quote BlueLore
quote Little Cheese
quote GaTheZakk

I don't see Mona. I don't think she would have a good moveset. Ashley, I could see more than Mona but I don't really see Ashley as a character either. In terms of a female Wario rep, I think they're going to choose Kat and Ana.
well earlier i would have said mona is unlikely,because she can't fight,but from the looks of it,the "can't fight rule" has been removed,so I think mona would be the next choice for a warioware characte(because honestly,she is the 2nd-most important warioware character after wario of course)
Good point

Sep 03, 13 at 12:17pm
AgatioGanon

quote hypercatzed
Question:
What would your reaction be if the second Sonic char in the game is Cream The Rabbit?
You know: She was the first Sonic char to debut on a Nintendo console and there are clues that Nintendo likes her. And the fact she isn't playable in the Olympic crossovers could motivate Nintendo to compensate.
That's actually kind of interesting, sure my reaction would be why not Amy Rose, but I'd still give Cream the benefit of being a cool choice and I would certainly try playing as her.

Sep 03, 13 at 11:51am
hypercatzed

Question:
What would your reaction be if the second Sonic char in the game is Cream The Rabbit?
You know: She was the first Sonic char to debut on a Nintendo console and there are clues that Nintendo likes her. And the fact she isn't playable in the Olympic crossovers could motivate Nintendo to compensate.

Sep 01, 13 at 12:45pm
AgatioGanon

quote BlueLore
quote Little Cheese
quote GaTheZakk

I don't see Mona. I don't think she would have a good moveset. Ashley, I could see more than Mona but I don't really see Ashley as a character either. In terms of a female Wario rep, I think they're going to choose Kat and Ana.
well earlier i would have said mona is unlikely,because she can't fight,but from the looks of it,the "can't fight rule" has been removed,so I think mona would be the next choice for a warioware characte(because honestly,she is the 2nd-most important warioware character after wario of course)
Agreed.