Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Suggestion] Show "Last Viewed" Page In Chrome For Mobile » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 24, 12 at 10:57amMemento Mori

So, this is something that I keep on picking up on, but always forget to actually bring up.

The last viewed page feature brought back in a while back was great, and I find it very useful. However, I find it's absence in the layout of mobile mode a tad irritating.

Currently, as the list of pages is condensed, it's very feasible that the last page of a thread I viewed will be the fourth page or later, but also not the last page. And in those cases, I cannot go straight from a forum to the last page in a thread that I viewed from that forum.

Example being that in the image below, my last viewed page in the general discussion could be say, 16, and I can't go directly to it.

Simplest solution would be 1 2 3 ... x ... 19, unless anyone has anything better.

Edit: Seems to not be a universal issue, and only found in Chrome so far. Last comment can be ignored then; only really needs to bring it in line with the other browsers that don't suffer from this issue.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 24, 12 at 12:53pm
Memento Mori

Aha. Just checked on the Android Browser, and there is no such issue there. So it just seems to be Chrome for some reason. Would be splendiferous then is it's possible to fix this issue.

Jun 24, 12 at 12:43pm
Memento Mori

quote Nagare
I can't think of why it isn't displaying. It looks like you're running Chrome on ICS. In your screenshot it looks like you've only visitors first and last pages though.
Doesn't matter what page I last visited, as the only ones displayed are the first, second, third and last. If the last is one of those though, it will indicate that it is such.

And yeah, that is Chrome. I'll check it now with the default Android browser. Only been a couple of months since I switched, but I genuinely can't remember if it was an issue then or not.

Jun 24, 12 at 12:41pm
Nagare

I can't think of why it isn't displaying. It looks like you're running Chrome on ICS. In your screenshot it looks like you've only visitors first and last pages though.

Jun 24, 12 at 12:30pm
Memento Mori

quote Nagare
This already happens. The holder page number is the last visited page. You can test it with the RFS thread here. If you got to 14, it adds "...14 15 16 ..." to the pages.
Doesn't for me. And I've tested it as well as observed it.

Jun 24, 12 at 12:27pm
Nagare

This already happens. The holder page number is the last visited page. You can test it with the RFS thread here. If you got to 14, it adds "...14 15 16 ..." to the pages.

Jun 24, 12 at 10:57am
Memento Mori

So, this is something that I keep on picking up on, but always forget to actually bring up.

The last viewed page feature brought back in a while back was great, and I find it very useful. However, I find it's absence in the layout of mobile mode a tad irritating.

Currently, as the list of pages is condensed, it's very feasible that the last page of a thread I viewed will be the fourth page or later, but also not the last page. And in those cases, I cannot go straight from a forum to the last page in a thread that I viewed from that forum.

Example being that in the image below, my last viewed page in the general discussion could be say, 16, and I can't go directly to it.

Simplest solution would be 1 2 3 ... x ... 19, unless anyone has anything better.

Edit: Seems to not be a universal issue, and only found in Chrome so far. Last comment can be ignored then; only really needs to bring it in line with the other browsers that don't suffer from this issue.