Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 » [SOMS] Ravi Parmar » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 24, 12 at 9:49amParmar1993

Ravi Parmar

175cm - SS - 70kg

Club Career
21 appearances - 5 goals - 1 assists

Individual Awards
Liga BBVA Man of the Match (5 times)

Team Awards

2011/12 - Granada C.F.
21 appearances - 5 goals - 1 assists

International Career
England
0 caps - 0 goals - 0 assists

Individual Awards

Team Awards

Background
After playing for every level of Charlton Athletic's youth team since I was 9 it occurred to me that in order for me to become the best I could be, I had to leave the club. I mean, it's fine living at home and being with my friends and everything, but if I'm going to be this generation's Pele or Maradona (without the drug abuse) then i would need to go to another club in another country to develop my game, learn new things and be different from the standard English play.

So I got in touch with this agent who has a few links to other countries and figured that he could help me find a team to play for that will give me first team football and that has good facilities where i can train. Before I know it, I've got a couple of clubs talking to him about a potential transfer to the club and he suggested to ignore the ones from smaller leagues as I won't be prepared for a step up to a major team when the time comes.

Eventually, after talking with my parents, who were more than supportive of me. We decided that Granada were the best option for me as players like Ikechukwu Uche and Franco Jara are there. The manager, Juan Antonio Anquela, also seemed enthusiastic for me to join the club and said that although he doesn't play with a Second Striker, I could learn how to play as the playmaker of the side at AMF and as a lone goalscorer. Anquela also went on to say that I really ought to start learning Spanish now before i join the squad this July. So that leaves me just under two months to learn enough Spanish to integrate well into the city and the team

Welcome To Granada
On July 1st 2011, I officially linked up with the first team and was welcomed to a surprise press conference in which the following was said about me:
quote Juan Antonio Anquela
He [Parmar] is a very traditional English forward, he has plenty of power for someone of his size and a fantastic work rate. Most of all, he likes to pass the ball around and has good technique. I am confident he can make an impact in the squad and help us fight the battle against relegation.
Honestly, I was surprised with the whole thing and the amount of media sources that were there. I noticed Marca, Sky Sports News and the BBC among others. I left the stadium from the press conference I was greeted outside by fans of the club who wished me good luck with the club. Soon after this, I was included in the starting line up in a friendly against Greek giants, Panathinaikos. I was put on the right wing for this game due to my ability to cut inside and drive the ball in with crosses or shots from long range.

I felt that I coped with the game well and it was in the 32nd minute where I passed the ball into the centre and Uche was tripped. To my surprise, he picked the ball up and walked over to me and said "It's your chance now. Take it." I steadied myself, took a deep breath and slotted the ball to the keeper's left. 1-0

In the second half, I was then fouled in the box and this time took the ball myself. I figured the keeper would go to his left this time and so I decided on going to his right. 2-0. I was then substituted off and as I walked off, I heard something in the crowd. I couldn't make it out but heard my name in there. Anquela then said "well done, you'll be just fine here" as I walked off the pitch. The score remained 2-0 and it was a thoroughly impressive performance from the whole side.

hey guys, this is my first SOMS and i don't know how well this is done. so any feedback you have would really be beneficial to me. i've decided to do it as my personal reactions as a player rather than commenting on the player and things like that

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 21, 12 at 3:42am
Parmar1993

quote F9T
It sure does ;].
just to let you and anyone else who is interested. my new SOMS is up on the PES2013 forum. feel free to comment if you want

Sep 16, 12 at 12:48pm
F9T

It sure does ;].

Sep 16, 12 at 10:54am
Parmar1993

if it makes you feel better, i will be having another SOMS for PES2013 if you wanted to check that out when the game comes out.

Sep 16, 12 at 10:42am
F9T

Ok :\

Sep 16, 12 at 9:34am
Parmar1993

sorry to disappoint mate, but i saved over it with my new BAL. literally, it's very basic, i don't take much care in making myself on the game.

Sep 16, 12 at 9:31am
F9T

Hi.
I'd have a special request for you.
Could you please post R. Parmar's face and physique strings (Ex. Brows: +1, 0, etc.), accessories, shirt name and so on 'cause I really like this guy and I'd like to have him on my PES too!
Thanks in advance.

Jun 29, 12 at 1:32am
Parmar1993

quote AbirHT
What console you use? Xbox or PS?
PlayStation3 is what I'm on. also thinking about stopping the SOMS this year, and doing one next year in a busier forum because the pes2013 forum is much more busy than this and there isn't much interest at the moment.

Jun 29, 12 at 1:30am
AbirHT

What console you use? Xbox or PS?

Jun 28, 12 at 8:46am
Parmar1993

quote AbirHT
Please stop giving Granada FC's emblem all times you post. Give your player goal or celebration pics. That will be better.

Hope you will not mind for this comment.
that's fine. constructive criticism is always helpful. I will start doing that from now on. that's if I start scoring more though. it is difficult with players of minimal quality.

Jun 28, 12 at 8:30am
AbirHT

Please stop giving Granada FC's emblem all times you post. Give your player goal or celebration pics. That will be better.

Hope you will not mind for this comment.