Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Halo 4 » General Discussion I: The Purr of the Battle Rifle » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Please read over the forum rules before posting!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 24, 12 at 8:20amFury

Talk about whatever you want in here, Halo-related or not .

It's funny how excitement for a new game will make you look back at the series in-depth, even if you have grown utterly bored of the previous games already. I've been listening to old Halo music, looking at old concept art, etc. I even went back and beat Reach's campaign on Legendary for the first time just the other day.

The most fun I've had recently though is going back and playing Halo 3. I have to say, playing it again cleared any suspicions I had of whether or not Reach really is less fun. Everything in Halo 3 feels so smooth, so harmonious. Reach seems so angry by comparison. The Battle Rifle purrs like a kitten, while the DMR just sounds pissed off all the time. Grenades in Halo 3 are accurate and fast. Reach grenades are obnoxious-sounding mini-nukes that never do what you want, but you might get the kill anyways because of the ridiculous blast radius. Strafing in Halo 3 is buttery smooth. Strafing in Reach just frustrates your aim more.

What really surprised me though, was how much faster the games went by. You'd think that with Sprint, there would be more encounters in less time, therefore the game goes by faster. If anything, Sprint just slows the game down by allowing players to run away from battle. Bloom adds to this due to the last couple shots always being the hardest to hit. Then there's other things like Armor Lock that slow it down even further.

I feel like map design was better in 3 also, and it's not because the team became less talented, it's just that jump height allows areas to be spaced out in more unique ways. There's more vertical battles going on. You don't have AAs, but purely from your movement and the map design, there's just as many ways to avoid the enemy.

Anyway, going back and playing it made me even more excited for Halo 4. I can see a lot of similarities between the two games, and I think Halo 4 will benefit from that greatly.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 01, 13 at 12:57pm
Freezing Dart

I had no problems in reach aside from spawn killers and team killers. Halo 3 matchmaking frustrated me due to a seemingly high lack of weapon balance. And I love everything about Halo 4 except the suppressor. Of course this is a matter of my personal opinion.

Feb 07, 13 at 8:15am
Theman

quote Axe
quote Theman
quote Axe
Will I be lynched if I say that I'm not really all that impressed with the The Walking Dead game? Or, at least, the first episode of it?
Si(yes). The Walking Dead was great. One of the few games that got me that involed me that much. Every choice was a killer and had me thinking 2,3,4 or 5 times about it. One of the best games out right now.
I should clarify that by absolutely no means do I think it's a bad game at all. It's just.. not as godtasticalamazeballs as people have made it out to be, in my opinion.
Okay, you got me there. Some people take it to far with how awsome it is, but it is a great game.

Feb 06, 13 at 1:34pm
Axe

quote Theman
quote Axe
Will I be lynched if I say that I'm not really all that impressed with the The Walking Dead game? Or, at least, the first episode of it?
Si(yes). The Walking Dead was great. One of the few games that got me that involed me that much. Every choice was a killer and had me thinking 2,3,4 or 5 times about it. One of the best games out right now.
I should clarify that by absolutely no means do I think it's a bad game at all. It's just.. not as godtasticalamazeballs as people have made it out to be, in my opinion.

Feb 06, 13 at 7:46am
Theman

quote Axe

Feb 05, 13 at 7:49pm
Axe

Feb 05, 13 at 8:42am
Theman

Hello. I've been out for a while now(school blocked me), but I'm back and ready to type. Hope I didn't miss too much.

Feb 03, 13 at 5:06pm
Soltice

Testing out my Roxio HD, got some sound issues to fix but i love it

Jan 19, 13 at 6:54pm
LOD-squa

Just finished the campaign LASO. Alot easier than I was expecting.

Jan 19, 13 at 11:59am
Guugley

hb ded valve

Jan 19, 13 at 10:58am
DedValve

Axe your the first person both on internet and in life to have said happy birthday.