Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Gears of War: Judgment » Gears of War: Judgment Information Thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 24, 12 at 8:14amRoy

This is where you can post information leading up to the release of Gears of War: Judgment. This obviously includes gameplay, matchmaking, campaign, characters, weapons, and anything else that is considered to be part of the game.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 17, 13 at 11:39am
mikao00

everything new and old on gears of war can be found at www.neoseeker.com
they have it all guys

o rly? TY BRO

Nov 16, 12 at 10:43am
LOD-squa

Sexy box art Chrono. I'm considering going to pre-order this game since we can now. Just turned off by what you told me earlier.

Nov 16, 12 at 7:04am
Chrono

The box art for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Oct 14, 12 at 12:21pm
Chrono

LOD-squa
If I'm being personally honest, we can't really blame the developers for trying to make money. They're simply "doing their job" which is to get their game into peoples' hands. If I was a game developer, making a game that I personally thought was fun would be secondary to making a game that I thought would sell. And right now, Call of Duty *bleep*ing sells. Am I happy about this? No. Like you said, it's really shitty of developers to take aspects of their game out that are so central and vital to that game's uniqueness; but they're just trying to make money.

Call of Duty is a fast paced, easily accessible game that doesn't have a steep learning curve like earlier Gears and earlier Halo did. (Or Counter Strike or Quake if we get even more technical). The new Halo and Gears look to cater to that crowd a bit better. They want people to be able to get kills, and lots of them, as soon as they pick the game up. No one wants to play a game where they get their ass kicked all the time by people more skilled than them; so they play Call of Duty.

I know I'm typing out a lot but this is something I've felt needed to be said. In the end, you can only blame the gaming community themselves for asking for watered down, easily accessible, generic run of the mill games. It's "our" (not mine, lol) own fault. Developers notice that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 has a considerably HIGHER amount of pre-orders than Halo 4. To me, this is just absolutely *bleep*ing ridiculous seeing as Call of Duty puts out the same game every single year whereas Halo is about once every 2-3 traditionally.

Developers see competing developers working LESS hard, putting a game out MORE often (so less rare and seemingly should be less anticipated), and making MORE money. It's a no brainer for developers and if I was in their shoes I'd do the same thing.

tl;dr The community is at fault for gaming's current problems. That paired with the fact that gaming is rising in popularity makes developers want to make a game more accessible to all audiences, instead of hardcore gamers and what not.

Phew.

Oct 14, 12 at 12:14pm
LOD-squa

Thanks for the explanation Chrono. I completely forgot about that. It would simply be retarded for them to remove the trademark of the series, I really hate how everyone is trying to appeal the casual CoD crowd. They have to keep things that made the games what they are, not trying to make their games like every other game.

Oct 14, 12 at 12:03pm
Chrono

quote LOD-squa
Chrono - DBNO? I am not familiar with the acronym.
Down But Not Out. Basically the Gears trademark of downing someone and then bleed out on your hands and knees type of thing.

I will not buy the game if DBNO it not in it. That's just somthing that is essential to Gears and the fact that they are even discussing taking it out is almost disgusting because it shows just how much Call of Duty-esque design has bled into every *bleep*ing shooter out there.

Halo 4 is taking a lot of things from Call of Duty, but not enough to where it'll ruin the game. Do I miss the Arena days of Halo? I sure do; but I think 343 did a good job of keeping things competitive.

Gears Judgment on the other hand looks to be a CoD oriented type game and I think it's gonna' be complete trash.

Oct 12, 12 at 11:26am
LOD-squa

Chrono - DBNO? I am not familiar with the acronym.

Oct 10, 12 at 7:07am
Chrono

There's news of Epic possibly taking DBNO out of the game. If this happens I will have lost hope in the series and I will go back to Gears 2/3. It's just ridiculous.

It won't even be Gears anymore. That slow, brutish gameplay we all love is all but gone.

Aug 23, 12 at 5:58pm
LOD-squa

Dropping the teaser in here for everyone to see:

Jun 24, 12 at 2:19pm
Roy

Thank you! That's why I named it "Information Thread" not news. I was just worried about making multiple threads would create spam.