Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Akali » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jun 21, 12 at 11:57pmInuyasha19

Akali the Fist of Shadow

Akali, the Fist of Shadow

Roles: Assassin
Date Released: May 11th, 2010
Costs: 3150 IP PointsIcon.png or 790 RP PointsIcon.png
AkaliIcon.png

Statistics

Health 445 (+85) Health Regen. 7.25 (+0.65)
Energy 200 (Manaless) Energy Regen. 50
Attack Damage 53 (+3.2) Attack Speed 0.694 (+3.1%)
Armor 16.5 (+3.5) Magic Res. 30 (+1.25)
Range 125 Movement Speed 350
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Akali, the Fist of Shadow, is a champion which was released May 11th, 2010.
Patch: v1.0.0.138
Twin DisciplinesIcon.jpg
Twin Disciplines
Discipline of Force - Upon obtaining 20 ability power, Akali's autoattacks deal 8% bonus magic damage, increasing by 1% for every 6 ability power gained thereafter. The bonus magic damage doesn't affect towers, but it affects other structures.

Discipline of Might - Upon obtaining 10 Bonus Attack Damage, Akali gains 8% Spell Vamp, increasing by an additional 1% for every 6 Bonus Attack Damage gained thereafter.

Ability Description Rank Up
Mark of the AssassinIcon.jpg
Mark of the Assassin
(Active): Akali throws her kama at a target enemy, dealing magic damage and marking the target for 6 seconds. Akali's melee attacks against a marked target will consume the mark dealing the same magic damage again and restoring energy.
Cost: 60 Energy
Range: 600
Cooldown: 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 seconds
Magic Damage: 45 / 70 / 95 / 120 / 145 (+0.4 per ability power)
Energy restored: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40
Twilight ShroudIcon.jpg
Twilight Shroud
(Active): Akali throws down a circular cover of smoke that reveals the area and lasts for 8 seconds. While inside the area, Akali gains armor and magic resistance and becomes stealthed. Using abilities will briefly reveal her for 0.5 seconds. Enemies are slowed while inside the smoke.
Cost: 80 / 75 / 70 / 65 / 60 energy
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Range to center of AoE: 700
Radius of AoE: 300
Armor and Magic Resistance Bonus: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50
Slow: 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 / 30%
Crescent SlashIcon.jpg
Crescent Slash
(Active): Akali flourishes her kamas, hitting nearby units for physical damage. Using Crescent Slash also triggers Mark of the Assassin
Cost: 60 / 55 / 50 / 45 / 40 Energy
Radius of AOE: 325
Cooldown: 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / seconds
Physical Damage: 30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 (+0.6 per attack damage) (+0.3 per ability power)

Shadow DanceIcon.jpg
Shadow Dance
(Active): Akali moves through the shadows to quickly deal magic damage to the target and appear next to it. Akali gains an Essence of Shadow once every few seconds up to a total of 3, affected by cooldown reduction. The time to gain a charge doesn't count when at maximum charges. Additionally, Akali gains an Essence of Shadow for a kill or an assist.
Cost: 1 Essence of Shadow
Range: 800
Cooldown: 2 / 1.5 / 1 seconds
New Essence of Shadow: 25 / 20 / 15 seconds
Magic Damage: 100 / 175 / 250 (+0.5 per ability power)
Champions

Akali. She was nerfed a while back, along with one of her trademark items (Hextech Gunblade), but do any of you feel she still has potential? Have good games with her? Have any new thoughts on how she fits in the meta this late into Season 2? Let's discuss Akali~

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 22, 13 at 5:07pm
Lorx

Important: Unlike Lux, Morgana, Karthus, everybody else he mentions, Akali's perfect burst is stupid easy to do. Normal situations with akali will give you best burst potential still, there's no setup or skillshots to be done.

QRE, done. Don't even need to aim. If you're far away it's RQE. Either way, your goal as akali is to melt a target in three seconds most of the time, baiting it out with Liandry just doesn't jive. If the enemy is still alive past your second Q+Sheen proc, you're on the wrong target or you are way behind.

Meaning at most, you will be getting one full tick from Liandry, 6% of current. Whatever.

Feb 22, 13 at 3:46pm
WakeCraterWind

If you read the blog carefully, you'll find it assumes only a perfect burst, which means a single proc of Liandry's at 3 seconds. Also, most of the time that Void Staff is better, you would have killed them regardless of whether you had a Liandry's or a Void Staff.

Finally, I add on that Liandry's is slightly more item efficient, giving more than a ruby crystal's worth of health in the same slot. Therefore unless the enemy is stacking MR without health like crazy, Liandry's is better choice.

Or you could, in that case, I dunno, get both.

quote DifftheEnder
Now if you look at the breakeven points then look back at your full burst, most of the time on the left half of the graph, you will actually end up killing the enemy. So now it becomes favorable for Liandry's in most realistic situations. Very rarely will you land a perfect burst where Liandry's only procs 3 seconds and not 5 or 6 seconds. This favours Liandry's even more. If you're wondering what two extra seconds of Liandry's tick would do (at 2% per tick) -- it would turn the "Lux not slowed" graph into what looks like the "Lux 4% per tick graph".

There's also the fact that not every fight starts with the enemies at full HP, meaning that when you do get a full burst off, they're dead regardless of whether you had a Void or a Liandry's.

For all the reasons above I believe that Liandry's is overall a better pick even though it is not distinctly better in a full perfect QWE burst.

Feb 22, 13 at 2:56pm
Lorx

quote WakeCraterWind
I would always get Liandry's if you're getting Rylai's. Before Rabadon's, honestly. Such an amazing item; and Rylai's only makes it stronger.
Liandry's is good if you're looking for poke or sustain. I found this blog post pretty interesting and pits Liandry against Void Staff. Akali is all up-front burst, want to nuke people ASAP, so she's better off with Void. I tried Liandry for a bit but ultimately dropped using it on her so I could fit in other items.

Feb 22, 13 at 12:41am
WakeCraterWind

I would always get Liandry's if you're getting Rylai's. Before Rabadon's, honestly. Such an amazing item; and Rylai's only makes it stronger.

Feb 21, 13 at 8:53am
BluAnimal

Looks really good lorx. I'll try it out one of my games today and post my results.

Feb 20, 13 at 10:31pm
Lorx

With values like this, I can't help but feel a bit justified in taking Akali away from her normal spot.

Had a game earlier where we needed a last-pick AP jungler, so I locked akali. Got that "dude, but we needed a jungler!" talk, and then proceeded to run 19-10-16 for the game, only picking up deaths near the end when our support threw the game. Finally solidifying how I want to build, it's working out really, really well with the two or three patches in a row that's buffed Jungkali.
  1. Spirit Wraith
  2. Sheen
  3. Finish boots before/at this point, game dependent
  4. Rylai
  5. Rabadon
  6. Lich
  7. Situational, Void, GA, etc.

Dec 19, 12 at 12:25pm
Lorx

Been getting blue at lv1 and then passing it off after, the gain in exp there plus the En regen & cooldowns is helpful for that rush to 6.

My best romp thus far has been;

Dec 09, 12 at 2:25am
Twilight

quote MegaBassMan
quote Twilight

Herp derp

Took me forever to post about it bc I forgot but I just had a game and went 16/7/13. I forgot to screenie it so I'm sorry. ;w;

I think it works??

How is the early jungle?

It's not bad. Start Machete, 5 pots.

First 4 lvls: Q > E > Q > W

Max order: R > Q > E > W

I normally give blue to mid, since she uses energy thus doesn't need it (Aside from CD.) Lvl1 blue for your mid is just, amazing. I have yet to try and start red with her, although I should probably try...

I doubt it will work however, because I'd end up going Q > W (Her cc, which is her shroud and it slows) I just don't think she has kill potential till lvl6, similar to WW. Getting red and not ganking is kinda pointless. Which is why I start blue, give blue to mid, then wraiths, golems, red, wraiths, gank. (Wolves are done before blue obv.) Spellvamp works with Smite (I think) which obviously has synergy with her.

Amazing sustain.

I really enjoy her, very safe jungle.

Edit: Oh, and here's a screenie.

Dec 08, 12 at 5:24am
MegaBassMan

quote Twilight

Herp derp

Took me forever to post about it bc I forgot but I just had a game and went 16/7/13. I forgot to screenie it so I'm sorry. ;w;

I think it works??

How is the early jungle?

Dec 08, 12 at 4:33am
Twilight

Herp derp

I think it works??