Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Tri » Dream Weapon » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Jun 21, 12 at 11:17pmDark Arcanine

So dream in this sense means a weapon you would have liked to have seen in this game, but doesn't actually exist. Feel free to give as much or little detail as you wish, although giving at least what monster it's based off and the type of weapon would be nice, haha. Can even be a type of weapon not present in the game if you wish.

The first thing that comes to my mind is an Ice GS based off of the Barioth. Yeah we don't get to use Ice too much in this game, but it still would've been awesome!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 26, 12 at 11:26am
Phlogiston

I did forget to mention whether it's impact or cutting... It could be as simple as having the "blowtorch" add a cutting attribute, while without it all the damage is impact. This would actually balance the modes out a lot, and necessitate switching between them. I like the idea of two different shell types- I just didn't want them to be as varied as the bowgun. Perhaps you have to buy or combine the secondary shell, while the first is unlimited? It would make each staff much more versatile (and reflective of the monster's character), for a small price. Maybe the ala staff can fire up to four elements

Aug 25, 12 at 6:20pm
wildfire

quote Phlogiston
The staff itself is about, say, 7+ feet long. It highly resembles the Agnablaster bowgun, except with a larger dorsal fin. On each end of the staff, there's an agnaktor beak connected to the beginning of the fin, which spirals 360 degrees around the staff to terminate at the other beak. The staff contains several shells (like a gunlance), which are used to produce both a ranged elemental blast (in the agnaktor's case, a laser) from the forward-facing beak, or two elementally colored "blowtorch flames" from both ends of the staff. When the shells have been used, one reloads them by "breaking" the staff in half like a shotgun, discarding the spent shells, and inserting new ones before folding the staff back into its normal configuration. This "broken" position is also how one carries the staff while sheathed, like a folding bowgun.

Details: The staff's normal attacks are an incredible series of skillful twirling, stabbing and ramming moves (imagine a kung fu master with his wooden staff). When the blowtorch flames are not activated, the staff has no element at all. With them active, however, the staff gains a strong element, along with a substantial attack boost. The use of the flames (by clicking Z) steadily removes shells from one's clip until either they run out, or blowtorch mode is cancelled (by clicking Z again). Blowtorch mode uses the staff's normal attacks, now with flaming tips.
Note: The "flames" can be any element depending on the monster the staff is made from. The Ala staff would have drgn-looking flames pouring from the rifle-like ends of a black, double-bladed sword with glowing purple highlights.
Back to the agnaktor staff: Holding down Z initiates firing mode, whereupon one aims the staff using a system similar to when wyverfire is shot from a bowgun. Letting go of Z releases a long-range elemental blast, which, depending on the staff's monster, are designed and animated differently, but still confined to the same range and narrow hitbox. These blasts use one shell each, and can be woven into any combo, with or without blowtorch.

Movement: One can move fairly quickly with a GnS due to its balanced weight. Evasion is normal... or maybe a pole vault. lol.

Now you know how I think of a MH staff.

you ever think of joining the forum full time? I like you're idea, though, but I think the staves should have detachable parts like clubs and blades (on either end) to do either impact damage or cutting . If you have a bladed ends the attack style is different from the original style, same would go for the clubbed ends. The shells as you put them might also come in differing levels like bowgun ammo does, and each stave has more than one type of "shells" it can use. For example a lagi staff might use the thunder element or water element, but you could get an element boost for using his main element, or it just can't use higher levels of water.

I kinda wish someone from capcom might look at this thread at least... could give them ideas to run with

Aug 25, 12 at 2:23pm
Phlogiston

quote hitman9992
Idk if this would be a little to sci-fi but maybe a staff that shoots certain elements could be a weapon. It would be under the gunner classes
Are you thinking of a gnarled stick with a crystal ball on top? I'm not.
A while ago, I was fighting agnaktor when I had a revelation: Aggy's called the "fire pike wyvern". I thought, of course, that this would make a great weapon, so I decided on a more generic name: the Gunstaff! For a description, I might as well reference the Agnaktor Gunstaff:

The staff itself is about, say, 7+ feet long. It highly resembles the Agnablaster bowgun, except with a larger dorsal fin. On each end of the staff, there's an agnaktor beak connected to the beginning of the fin, which spirals 360 degrees around the staff to terminate at the other beak. The staff contains several shells (like a gunlance), which are used to produce both a ranged elemental blast (in the agnaktor's case, a laser) from the forward-facing beak, or two elementally colored "blowtorch flames" from both ends of the staff. When the shells have been used, one reloads them by "breaking" the staff in half like a shotgun, discarding the spent shells, and inserting new ones before folding the staff back into its normal configuration. This "broken" position is also how one carries the staff while sheathed, like a folding bowgun.

Details: The staff's normal attacks are an incredible series of skillful twirling, stabbing and ramming moves (imagine a kung fu master with his wooden staff). When the blowtorch flames are not activated, the staff has no element at all. With them active, however, the staff gains a strong element, along with a substantial attack boost. The use of the flames (by clicking Z) steadily removes shells from one's clip until either they run out, or blowtorch mode is cancelled (by clicking Z again). Blowtorch mode uses the staff's normal attacks, now with flaming tips.
Note: The "flames" can be any element depending on the monster the staff is made from. The Ala staff would have drgn-looking flames pouring from the rifle-like ends of a black, double-bladed sword with glowing purple highlights.
Back to the agnaktor staff: Holding down Z initiates firing mode, whereupon one aims the staff using a system similar to when wyverfire is shot from a bowgun. Letting go of Z releases a long-range elemental blast, which, depending on the staff's monster, are designed and animated differently, but still confined to the same range and narrow hitbox. These blasts use one shell each, and can be woven into any combo, with or without blowtorch.

Movement: One can move fairly quickly with a GnS due to its balanced weight. Evasion is normal... or maybe a pole vault. lol.

Now you know how I think of a MH staff.

Aug 25, 12 at 1:13pm
GeckoCookie

Not what I meant. That one is awesome,

Aug 25, 12 at 1:08pm
Phlogiston

quote GeckoCookie
Tanks.

Would

Be

Stupid in MH.
Actually, FYI, there IS a tank in monster hunter. There's a light bowgun in MHFU called the "Tigrex Tank". It resembles...well, a tank (can't quite place the model), covered in tigrex skin, that one holds on one's arm. I was incredibly amused when I came across it in the wiki. To me, it looks awesome rather than stupid.

Aug 25, 12 at 10:32am
Major Jotz

My dream weapon would be a sniper rifle that could shoot any type of bullet and shoots the bullet so fast the bullet doesn't drop. Advanced scopes that could zoom in 1000x or more, and could kill an enemy in only one hit....

Aug 24, 12 at 1:55pm
Death Hunter

My dream weapon would be a double-bladed weapon, kinda like a bo staff with two sharp blades on both sides, you can detach the weapon, and can be just like the dual blades, but they will have different attack points. For instance, the double-bladed weapon will have 1200 attack points, and the dual blades will have half the damage with 600 attack points. The double-bladed weapon can have two attributes because of the dual blades from the double-bladed weapon. The weapon has a demonize mode, just like the dual blades on mhfu, but have to hit monsters to fill the bar, just like the longsword.

Aug 20, 12 at 4:53pm
RockofKuthian

Yea exhaust actually gives ko damage.

Aug 20, 12 at 6:31am
WooperOnALedge

The exhaust shot also does it when u shoot them in the head

Aug 20, 12 at 3:22am
Scion

quote animal_lover310

That's what the crag s lvl 1,2 and 3 is for
i didn't know that