Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » riot pls » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jun 21, 12 at 8:42pmRazeHell

It's kinda frustrating when your current favorite game is an online game.
You're basically at the mercy of server crashes or internet connection problems.

This current fiasco is the worst LoL issue I've ever been a part of.
I haven't played a game of LoL for like 3 days.
I'm getting twitchy.

As much as I dislike it, I'm tempted to just download the update for DoTA 2 that I've been neglecting and switching to that for a while.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 25, 12 at 12:16pm
Tashur Astur

I personally think it feels a bit odd to complain about such a great FREE game, you don't get any actual benefits (disregard ip/xp boosts, these don't actually give you an advantage they just speed up getting to a certain point etc.) from paying. I do think that Riot should get their servers and various in-game bugs fixed, but my god is Riot an amazing company! I came from RuneScape and in RS, if something gets *bleep*ed up the company (JaGeX) basically don't give a *bleep*. They did 6 years ago, but not now.

Jun 25, 12 at 12:02pm
flobbadob

Personaly ive considered looking and dota, but when i look at the time i took getting 'in' to league i dont really want to leave and have to learn a completely different game. Only when league becomes dull to me will i ever consider quitting (only at like ~650 games atm and still learning and enjoying).

Jun 25, 12 at 7:31am
Storm

DotA 2 is much more noob-friendly than DotA. I like it, no specific meta role sillyness.

Jun 22, 12 at 1:43am
Inuyasha19

I've never heard of the last two. ._. Are they even worth looking into? I mean, granted, I have no intention of leaving LoL, but being able to compare everything is kinda nice. I can at least speak with perspective when I talk to other MOBA players.

Jun 22, 12 at 1:35am
Lorx

quote Inuyasha19
Well, its the MOBA, isn't it? It has all the same mechanics as the original, including denying crap and junk, right?

That was the only reason why I feel like I had an edge when I came to LoL after playing HoN and the original DOTA for so long. You had to do a lot more with slightly different mechanics on a faster plane. Slowing things down really helped my KDR per game.

Now if I can just grind myself out of this ELO hell in LoL, I'll be set.
Dota, Dota2, HoN, LoL, and RoI, along with SMNC which is a kind of shooter varient. There's actually quite a lot of MObas now, they keep springing up hoping to take some money away, same thing that happened after WoW made eight bajiggillion dollars.

Jun 22, 12 at 1:22am
Phypr

This is the one time I can be thanksful that im on the EUW server. Running clean and crisp so it is

Jun 22, 12 at 1:15am
Inuyasha19

Well, its the MOBA, isn't it? It has all the same mechanics as the original, including denying crap and junk, right?

That was the only reason why I feel like I had an edge when I came to LoL after playing HoN and the original DOTA for so long. You had to do a lot more with slightly different mechanics on a faster plane. Slowing things down really helped my KDR per game.

Now if I can just grind myself out of this ELO hell in LoL, I'll be set.

Jun 22, 12 at 1:08am
Lorx

DotA...hard, would be how to put it. LoL is by far the simplest MOBA out, which has it's perks, easier to pick up, generally not so many hardcore ragers, etc.

The downside, would be there is "a meta", whereas DotA2 is complex enough to actually play it out in drastically different ways. Much less concrete as to what wins games.

Jun 22, 12 at 12:31am
euben0

Dota bad

Jun 21, 12 at 9:45pm
baragon600

RazeHell you play DOTA? me and Chaosfire have been playing it quit a bit over the past week if you want some people to play it with .