Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Udyr » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jun 19, 12 at 9:15pmRazeHell

I bought Udyr about a week ago, and I just can't stop playing as him.

While I still think he can be broken as all hell, I have now seen the other side, and SWEET JESSUMS HE'S SO MUCH FUN.

So any protips when it comes to the wrecking ball that is Udyr the Animal Spirit?

I generally go with a Pheonix Udyr build, for the hella fast jungle clear times, but I find that my damage is very low and I end up on the more "tanky" end of the spectrum. Is Tiger Udyr worth the extra time and damage taken? If not, then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the way that I'm building him.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 24, 13 at 3:16pm
WakeCraterWind

quote BluAnimal
Over-all in seeing a gank heavy melee champion with less kitability and a slower clear time. His tank potential was increased even further and I see him being an unmovable force like he currently is. Randuin's, Golem Spirit, Runic Balwark, Spirit Visage and a Warmog's.
Hm... I don't know about his tanking potential increasing, since he lost his free stats increase. Shouldn't honestly be much of a problem though, since you'll easiely make up for the lost resistances with more murder gold from more successful ganks.

Mar 24, 13 at 10:09am
Ropnap

Ehh...this conversation is too "complicated" for me to join, but all I know about Udyr is that his jungle clear speed is op, hes immortal, and the fact that he's mentally ill.

Mar 23, 13 at 3:30pm
BluAnimal

It seems these changes are geared towards making him a much more stronger ganker that's less kitable when he ganks. I feel the Phoenix and Turtle nerfs were really unnecessary though, and now with Tiger's active dealing AD it'll be easier to build against him. In the end he's where he still stands. I wish they hadn't changed Turtle or Tiger.

Over-all in seeing a gank heavy melee champion with less kitability and a slower clear time. His tank potential was increased even further and I see him being an unmovable force like he currently is. Randuin's, Golem Spirit, Runic Balwark, Spirit Visage and a Warmog's.

Mar 23, 13 at 8:35am
Chaosfire

quote Jimmy007
What do you think of the new part of the passive? Is the movement speed better or do you prefer the increased armor and mr? ._.
I'm indifferent. The passive had the potential to give thousands of golds worth of defensive stats, but it wasn't very powerful until you started stacking resistances.

Mar 22, 13 at 3:25pm
Jimmy007

What do you think of the new part of the passive? Is the movement speed better or do you prefer the increased armor and mr? ._.

Mar 22, 13 at 11:59am
BluAnimal

Oh my god those buffs. The dash, the ghost? Incoming flavor of the month. I'm glad to see that the bear might reclaim his jungle. The only bad part of him was the kiting what hopefully this will fix.

Mar 22, 13 at 10:30am
Chaosfire

Wohooooooo
No more creep block.

Mar 04, 13 at 3:16pm
Chaosfire

They're too busy not making Trundle Skins. -Stonewall008

Mar 04, 13 at 1:06pm
Inuyasha

We should make a notion for Riot to change his name to Udybear.

I'm sure they're in the process, but we should move it along.

Mar 03, 13 at 6:49pm
Chaosfire

So with the new items and masteries, Top lane Udyr is stronger then ever. I'm talking about Zephyr, new Swifties, Blade of the Ruined King, Spirit Visage, and Iceborn Gauntlet. These items of course have been seen built on other champions, but they are especially powerful on Udyr because they fix some of his disadvantages, or amplify his strengths. Fpr example, Zephyr is a good source of tenacity, plus movement speed, which is pretty core on a movement speed based bruiser. New swifties reduce slows, along with a mastery. This was Udyr's biggest problem, he couldn't catch anyone, now, it's not as bad. Blade of the Ruined King is a great item for Udyr. He gets a ton of attack speed from his kit between his passive and Tiger Stance, meaning he can proc that %health as much as possible, alongside his already strong lifesteal. Spirit Visage's passive increasing healing is powerful since Udyr has strong innate sustain, not to mention items. 20% CDR isn't too shabby either, the more uptime on an ms boost, shield, and nuke the better, in addition to defensive stats. Iceborn Gauntlet is great, taking two very powerful items on Udyr and combining them, giving him some CC as well. Udyr falls into the niche of champions who are very happy because of Iceborn Gauntlet because he was one of the champions that would find themselves with a Frozen Heart and Trinity Force if money were to permit. All in all, he's not a champion you can blow off anymore, and I'm happy.