Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Sona » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jun 19, 12 at 8:53amShadowCrystallux

Sona the Maven of the Strings

Sona, the Maven of the Strings

Roles: Support, Mage
Date Released: September 20th, 2010
Costs: 3150 IP PointsIcon.png or 790 RP PointsIcon.png
SonaIcon.png

Statistics

Health 380 (+70) Health Regen. 4.5 (+0.55)
Mana 265 (+45) Mana Regen. 7.0 (+0.65)
Attack Damage 47 (+3) Attack Speed 0.644 (+2.3%)
Armor 8 (+3.3) Magic Res. 30 (+0)
Range 550 Movement Speed 305
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Sona Buvelle, the Maven of the Strings, is a champion which was released September 20th, 2010.
Patch: v1.0.0.134
Power ChordIcon.jpg
Power Chord
After casting 3 spells, Sona's next attack deals extra 10 × level magic damage. This enhanced attack has an additional effect depending on which spell was cast last.
Ability Description Rank Up
Hymn of ValorIcon.jpg
Hymn of Valor
(Stance) – Persistent Aura: Sona plays the Hymn of Valor, granting nearby allied champions bonus attack damage and ability power until she changes stances.
Attack Damage & Ability Power: 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20
(Active) - Activation: Sona sends out bolts of sound, dealing magic damage to the nearest two enemy champions or minions.

(Power Chord) - Staccato: If this spell was last cast when Sona's Power Chord is ready, her next attack will double the damage of her Power Chord.

65:  / mana
Radius: 700
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Magic Damage: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.7 per ability power)
Aria of PerseveranceIcon.jpg
Aria of Perseverance
(Stance) – Persistent Aura: Sona plays the Aria of Perseverance, granting nearby allied champions bonus armor and magic resistance until she changes stances.
Armor & Magic Resist: 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15
(Active) - Activation: Sona sends out healing melodies, healing herself and the most-wounded nearby ally champion. Additionally, both Sona and the healed champion will have the bonuses of this aura doubled for 3 seconds.

(Power Chord) - Diminuendo: If this spell was last cast when Sona's Power Chord is ready, her next attack will debuff the target to deal 20% less damage for 4 seconds.

Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
Radius: 1,000
Heal: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+0.25 per ability power)
Song of CelerityIcon.jpg
Song of Celerity
(Stance) – Persistent Aura: Sona plays the Song of Celerity, granting nearby allied champions bonus flat movement speed until she changes stances.
Movement Speed: 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20
(Active) - Activation: Sona energizes nearby allies with an additional burst of speed for 1.5 seconds.

(Power Chord) - Tempo: If this spell was last cast when Sona's Power Chord is ready, her next attack will slow the target by 40% for 2 seconds.

Cost: 65 mana
Radius: 1,000
Movement Speed: 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14%

CrescendoIcon.jpg
Crescendo
(Active): Sona plays her ultimate chord in a broad line in front of her, forcing enemy champions caught to dance stunned for 1.5 seconds and take magic damage over the duration.
Cost: 100 / 150 / 200 mana
Range: 1,000
Cooldown: 140 / 120 / 100 seconds
Magic Damage: 150 / 250 / 350 (+0.8 per ability power)
Champions

She's on f2p and she's more supportive than ever. I've found her to be my favorite support already after 3 games. In my opinion, she's one of the only supports that can actually do some pretty good damage but fulfills that supporting role excellently. Feel like giving them a warning? Use Q. Feel like keeping your ally happy? Press W. Feel like speeding your team to victory? Press E. Feel like whacking them with a headache? Use R. So much fun. And that power cord imbued with Q is just for troll effect. "As if a support could do that much harass damage early game."

So guys, have you played sona? Did you like her? Would you like to try her?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 13, 13 at 9:47pm
WakeCraterWind

quote Bass Ultra
Apparently we Sona players have been playing with a broken powerchord W for the past 2 years. Visually it looks like the damage reduction is working but it actually isn't. ;-;

Now its fixed, and W is getting some nerfs and she's getting her base stats buffed.
Haha I never used her W powerchord. I always thought it was somehow underpowered or something. Although if it was broken, then fixing it is a huge buff to her late-game then. Imagine an ADC being hit by Frozen Heart, Randuin's. and Malphite's Ground Slam, and then having Sona' W powerchord thrown on them. (77.7% damage reduction lol)

Jun 08, 13 at 5:31am
Bass Ultra

Apparently we Sona players have been playing with a broken powerchord W for the past 2 years. Visually it looks like the damage reduction is working but it actually isn't. ;-;

Now its fixed, and W is getting some nerfs and she's getting her base stats buffed.

Nov 20, 12 at 11:14pm
ShadowCrystallux

captain boo it's not that she's lackluster, it's that she has a spread of what all supports have, but a seemingly weaker versions of each. Janna's and Lulu's pokes involve cc, and are only slightly weaker, Soraka's heal has an insane cooldown, but heals 2-3 times as much as is much more useful in lane, Janna's constant speed buff > Sona's temporary speed buff, the only thing Sona has going for her is insane teamfight potential which many newbs to supports forget, her ultimate is probably the most teamfight changing ultimate of a generalised support, Soraka's heal ultimate is poor as it is a very low amount of health, Janna's ultimate is okay in aggression, but is possibly the best disengage ultimate of all supports, Lulu's ultimate is good, but rarely good for saving your back lines in a teamfight if an enemy is jumping your ad carry/ap carry and has to be used during close combat, on an already tanky character, so as an ultimate, Sona's ultimate is probably the best balance of both aggression and disengagement (if only that was a word, well, you get what I mean). She's a good support, but countered by anything with a mid-high range and has a reaction time. She's great against a lane containing nunu, because the enemy ad carry then has little sustain.

Nov 20, 12 at 7:59pm
captain boo

quote ShadowCrystallux
*bump* I find it highly amusing how everyone says she's hard to screw up. She's quite easily my worst/second worst support, purely because she takes practically true damage level 1, is mana hungry early on, needs movespeed to get anywhere, and has less utility than most other supports. I'm not saying she's a bad support, I'm just saying that if you get behind in your lane as sona, unless you're sona/ezreal bot, you're done for, because she doesn't deal well vs enemies that can trade. Meh. I like using her in normals, but not ranked.
That terrible armor is pretty exclusive to Sona, but mana issues and movespeed are both problems that other supports suffer with, especially Lulu.

That's the thing, Sona is hard to screw up, but she is a sub par support. Her utility isn't that 50 ad shield Janna has, or Soraka's burst heals, or constant CC from Ali/Janna/Lulu. People that understand support will probably find Sona to be lackluster compared to her other supports because she's such a faceroll champion in my opinion.

Of course, feel free to bring up points though. I want a reason to play another support, not me seeing Sona and laughing as she feeds the lane because of how inferior she is to other supports. Crescendo is seriously the only defining thing Sona can do, and i still find other support CC ults like Lulu and Janna to be much, much better.

Nov 19, 12 at 9:05pm
Inuyasha

Sona squish squish, I don't mind playing with or against her, because she's honestly balanced. Great support, and will die if you even think of overextending. Her ult can win fights, and if she tries to force it she can die trying to get that ult.

Nov 19, 12 at 4:58pm
Tashur Astur

It's true, it's why I never play botlane unless I'm absolutely forced to. You have to rely on someone the entirety of the game rather than just when you start grouping. One does not simply farm 1v2.

To keep it on topic I personally think Sona is still one of the best support even after the nerfs. I still think Nunu and Lulu are the best supports though.

Nov 19, 12 at 3:16pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote Tashur Astur
quote ShadowCrystallux
AD Carries Supports in Solo Queue in general can go to hell.
fixed it for you
Wait, unless I'm supporting. Both are as bad as the other in solo queue. The ad carries just moan, winge and bitch about the support, and the support hasn't learned the concept of warding. Between the two: gg. If only I was a good ad carry :S.

Nov 19, 12 at 2:01pm
Tashur Astur

quote ShadowCrystallux
AD Carries Supports in Solo Queue in general can go to hell.
fixed it for you

Nov 18, 12 at 4:37pm
ShadowCrystallux

I have all of those . Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to axe 2.25 Gold/10 if I need to play sona >.> You'd be amazing at how they are in ranked. "Supports should buy all wards." "Soraka or Sona or I feed." "Soraka/Sona why you no have shurelya's yet?" "Support noob, she deal no damage." AD Carries in Solo Queue in general can go to hell.

Nov 18, 12 at 4:27pm
BluAnimal

quote ShadowCrystallux
Any ad carry that has any damage early game wrecks her. I am currently trying to find a way of tanking her up, which may mean sacrificing gp yellows, or I could speed her up and ditch the gp quints.suggestions on not taking ~90% AD level one?
Armor Reds, Armor yellows, GP5 Quints, MR or CD or Mana Glyphs