Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Lux » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Jun 17, 12 at 8:38amShadowCrystallux

Lux the Lady of Luminosity

Lux, the Lady of Luminosity

Roles: Mage, Support
Date Released: October 19th, 2010
Costs: 3150 IP PointsIcon.png or 790 RP PointsIcon.png
LuxIcon.png

Statistics

Health 345 (+79) Health Regen. 4.5 (+0.55)
Mana 250 (+50) Mana Regen. 5.0 (+0.6)
Attack Damage 50 (+3.3) Attack Speed 0.625 (+1.36%)
Armor 8 (+4) Magic Res. 30 (+0)
Range 550 Movement Speed 315
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Luxanna Crownguard, the Lady of Luminosity, is a champion which was released October 19th, 2010.
Patch: v1.0.0.135
IlluminationIcon.jpg
Illumination
Lux's damaging spells charge the enemies hit with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack will ignite the energy, dealing 10 + (10 x level) magic damage to the target.
Ability Description Rank Up
Light BindingIcon.jpg
Light Binding
(Active): Lux releases a sphere of light in a line, dealing magic damage to the first enemy it touches and half that damage to a second nearby unit. Additionally, the first unit struck is immobilized for 2 seconds, and the second unit for 1 second.
Cost: 60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 mana
Range: 1,000
Cooldown: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds
Magic Damage: 60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+0.7 per ability power)
Prismatic BarrierIcon.jpg
Prismatic Barrier
(Active): Lux throws her wand to a target location and back, bending the light around herself and any friendly champions it touches, shielding them from damage for 3 seconds.
Cost: 60 mana
Range: 1,000
Missile Speed: 1,400
Cooldown: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds
Shield Strength: 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 / 180 (+0.35 per ability power)
Lucent SingularityIcon.jpg
Lucent Singularity
(Active): Lux sends an anomaly of twisted light to a target area, revealing it and slowing enemies within for up to 5 seconds. At the end of the duration or if Lucent Singularity is activated again, the zone will detonate and deal magic damage to enemies in the area.
Cost: 70 / 85 / 100 / 115 / 130 mana
Range to Center of AoE: 1,100
Radius of Damage AoE: 350
Radius of Sight AoE: 575 (estimate)
Cooldown: 11 seconds upon casting
Slow: 20 / 24 / 28 / 32 / 36%
Magic Damage: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+0.6 per ability power)

Finales FunkelnIcon.jpg
Finales Funkeln
(Active): After gathering energy for half a second, Lux will fire a broad and long-range beam of light in a line that will instantly deal magic damage to all enemies in the area. In addition, the beam will trigger Lux's innate ability and re-apply the Illumination debuff.
Cost: 100 / 150 / 200 mana
Range: 3,00
Cooldown: 80 / 60 / 40 seconds
Magic Damage: 300 / 400 / 500 (+0.75 per ability power)
Champions

Ok, earlier today, me and a couple of guys were discussing how lux should be played. We were comparing her to ahri, more specifically. But I'd like to here from you guys play her. Would you go with style Lorx with that glass cannon of fragile young girl with powerful lasers? Would you go style Phoenix and troll them with a slightly more tanky than your average mage build? Or would you build her completely differently?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 30, 13 at 12:45pm
MegaBassMan

Lux is extremely difficult to get the hang off (for me, anyway). Which I find weird because I learned high skill cap champions such as Lee Sin and Orianna fairly quickly.

Jan 28, 13 at 10:32am
Etherlight

I'm pretty sure Nyjacky and Froggen have said that Lux is a pretty strong character (I know that Froggen stated that would've played Lux more often if Anivia didn't exist or if she got nerfed).

She's all skill-shots so there's going to be room for error, but to be fair, some characters are dependent on landing one or two important skill shots (Blitz being the big one) and that hasn't kept them from being out of competitive play. Then there's Ezreal. Skill shots can be dodged, but there's still room to predict people's movements and out-play them. Lux is on the better end because of her long range, and with CDR and Mana Regen, she can poke and zone like crazy. That's more on tournament setting though; SoloQ, she's a bad pick simply because most FotMs are also big counters to her and players on your team typically choose champs that don't compliment her strengths very well. Most SoloQ teams don't really focus on poke or mid and late game, which is where Lux excels at.

Jan 28, 13 at 7:38am
Inuyasha

quote WakeCraterWind
but who doesn't Kass counter past lv 6?

Diana

quote ShadowCrystallux
which AP mids actually can deal with Talon on that note?
Diana

I like Lux, but she's not a good pick. The fact that she has no target-skill is very worrysome, and it's really not hard to come up with ways to dodge Lux's abilities, primarily her bind. They need to be cast in the Fog of War to get the most effect, like Alex Ich's plays when he brought her into a tournament (forget which one though).

The fact that I'm seeing her often on Froggen, Scarra, and Nyjacky's stream is more of a testament how desperately they need to train with her to get better, rather than them playing her because she's strong. They look like fools half of the time because people shift to the right on a binding, or walk up when her E is cast out and they miss it completely.

She's also such a fun APC, and does deal strong damage if you can land abilities. You want to drop the laning phase and start teamfights and objective-pushing ASAP with her, if you're whole team is grouped and you land a snare on that Ez going to poke, welp...

Jan 27, 13 at 10:36pm
WakeCraterWind

Hm... Nunu, Taric, Rumble, AP Yi, and Malzahar off of the top of my head. On a secondary note, anyone going cloth + 5 could probably survive Talon if they farmed safely. With the new Arm-Guard it'll just get easier to hold him off. (Haven't tried it yet but I imagine Pantheon would also really screw with Lux.)

Jan 27, 13 at 10:30pm
ShadowCrystallux

Talon is the perfect counter to Kassadin . Lux doesn't like assassins, but assassins don't like her. Lux is quite a safe lane choice, because nobody other than Talon really gives her a mega hard time. And which AP mids actually can deal with Talon on that note?

Jan 27, 13 at 9:20pm
WakeCraterWind

Silence hurts AD caster mids almost as much as any other caster I'd think; the one exception to this rule being Draven since he has his ranged autoattack to use if silenced. They usually have a stronger pre-6 than most AP mids so they'll give Kass a harder time tho.

Jan 27, 13 at 8:54pm
Bass Ultra

quote WakeCraterWind
but who doesn't Kass counter past lv 6?
AD Caster mids, I think.

Jan 27, 13 at 8:01pm
WakeCraterWind

Honestly lol the best counter to lux is to not get effin' snared. I've never felt I couldn't win against an enemy lux no matter how fed they got since she has to hit you to do damage. Just doesn't have the same oomph as LeBlanc 100 - 0 ing you at level 8. Then again, I guess I've never really played against a good lux.

Jan 27, 13 at 7:57pm
Etherlight

For Kass, at least has a bad early game that Lux can take advantage of. It's harder once he gets 6 but his bad 1-4 gives her something to hope for. Malz is vulnerable to ganks if he keeps pushing, although his pushing power is really good and it's what makes him really powerful against many Mids in general. I agree with Yi though.

Jan 27, 13 at 7:45pm
WakeCraterWind

quote Etherlight
WakeCraterWind: Yeah, I really hate how the meta has become more AD Caster Mid, since almost all of the AD Casters are insanely mobile in same way.[/size]
She hates people who violate her personal space. If only she carried mace on her. I think a few other champs counter her well, and they arent just all assassins. AP Yi will both out poke her and out sustain her. Err... Kass, but who doesn't Kass counter past lv 6? Malzahar might be able to out push Lux. If she's forced to use Singularity for wave clearing, I'd epect her to go oom faster than Malz.