Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jun 16, 12 at 6:49pmSigma

As you all probably know/expected, common enemies from the Mario games such as the Goomba and Koopa will obviously be making a return in this game. But, how about the other enemies from past Paper Mario games?

Is there any enemies that you hope will/won't be returning in this game? If so, which ones?

I'm personally hoping the Amazee Dayzee makes a return. Although it was hard to beat at the game, it was really good to boost up you're level as the game went on and you got more powerful. x3

Σ

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 25, 12 at 8:53am
Sigma

Well i'm playing TTYD right now, and year, I really wish the whole organization thing would return. To be completely honest, I wouldn't even mind if there was only an organization as like a side part to the game, kind of like the whole "mafia" sotuation in TTYD, which also, like at the beginning of the game upon entering Rogueport, can add some humor to the game.

I definitely would rather have it fir the main storyline though, as it really helps build a better plot than just the whole typical Bowser/Peach thing.

Aug 24, 12 at 9:38pm
Virtue

Quixotic, that's a fuzipede. (I don't think he has a specific name) I would love to see both him and Fishmael make another appearance.

A new organization made TTYD so good. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll travel down that path again. It's almost too abstract for Nintendo to re-create.

Aug 24, 12 at 8:57pm
Quixotic

Virtue, who is that? The name escapes me...

A new organization being in the game would be great. Jr. Troopa was an awesome rival.

Aug 24, 12 at 8:50pm
Virtue

I think we can all agree on who really needs to make an appearance as an enemy in this game..

Yes.

Aug 24, 12 at 7:32pm
Symphonic Abyss

quote Sigma
    Virtue Yeah, I can see it being boss. With all of the other bosses just being normal Mario characters thus far, I would actually be surprised if there was a Boo that WASN'T a boss. Though, I still wish Nintendo could've been more creative on the bosses (or at least the ones we've seen so far). It would've been nice to see another one of the organizations like the X-Nauts.

The X-Nauts were the best Paper Mario enemies in my opinion. O'Chunks was fun too, but he doesn't really count because...he's one guy. Everything about the X-Nauts was interesting - their costumes, their salute, their base, their personalities. The one that always said "Yes dude!...err, sir Grodus dude!" keeps me entertained whenever I play. =D Plus, it's fun to jump on their heads. SO YEAH, I agree with you - bringing another fun organization into the mix would be awesome.

Aug 24, 12 at 8:42am
Thrawn

quote Virtue
Can we count Atomic Boo as a Big Boo? I always enjoyed that fight in Creepy Steeple. Not to mention you get a pretty good badge out of the victory.

I think a Boo would even be an interesting (mandatory) boss. As long as they don't just put a crown on his head, they'd have plenty to work with to come up with something unique.
Oh yeah how could I forget about Atomic Boo. I hope he comes back because I really like fighting Boos in general.

Aug 24, 12 at 8:30am
Sigma

Virtue Yeah, I can see it being boss. With all of the other bosses just being normal Mario characters thus far, I would actually be surprised if there was a Boo that WASN'T a boss. Though, I still wish Nintendo could've been more creative on the bosses (or at least the ones we've seen so far). It would've been nice to see another one of the organizations like the X-Nauts.

Aug 21, 12 at 7:10pm
Virtue

Not going to lie, I found out about Atomic Boo on that exact wiki page. I probably never would have realized it other wise.

I can see a Boo being the main boss in one of the levels in Sticker Star. We've seen "a creepy steeple like" area from the screen shots, so I doubt it'd be out of the question.

Aug 21, 12 at 6:28pm
Sigma

quote Symphonic Abyss
I vote that we have a mustachioed Boo. Not mustachioed like the one in Super Mario Galaxy - I mean full-out mustache. That'll be a rocking Boo. I wouldn't want him as a boss though - I'd want him as an NPC that just showed up sometime in the game. He could be an optional boss. Best. Boo. Ever.
    I second this. A mustachioed Boo would be absolutely amazing.

Also, I never knew Atomic Boo EXISTED until like my fourth/fifth run-through of the game. xD When I battled him for the first time, I was really surprised because I didn't know what was going on. Then after beating him I was like "Wait, THAT's how you get rid of the Boos!" x3

Aug 20, 12 at 2:13pm
Symphonic Abyss

I vote that we have a mustachioed Boo. Not mustachioed like the one in Super Mario Galaxy - I mean full-out mustache. That'll be a rocking Boo. I wouldn't want him as a boss though - I'd want him as an NPC that just showed up sometime in the game. He could be an optional boss. Best. Boo. Ever.

Atomic Boo was strange for me. I always thought he was required until about two years ago. Please don't tell me I'm the only one who thought that! D=

Sigma - Dark Atomic Boo would be nice, yeah. I'd like to see the stats that he actually had, because the only thing we know is that he was purple and he appeared on floor 50, so we could assume he was a lot stronger than actual Atomic Boo. How much stronger is the question though.