Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Virtue's User Reviews » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 16, 12 at 6:46pmVirtue

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd start a thread here showing my upcoming/current reviews. Way back when, I used to write the occasional review. However, they were very mediocre and well...embarrassing to say the least.

I've decided just recently to come back and start writing (hopefully) better user reviews.I hope to keep this updated pretty frequently with new material. Feedback and suggestions are always appreciated. (Also, a big thanks to Chad for showing me that this forum did in fact exist)

Nintendo 3DS
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: Link

Nintendo 64
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Link
- Paper Mario 64 : Link
-Banjo-Tooie: Link
-Super Mario 64: Link

Nintendo GameCube
-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Link
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Link

Currently Reviewing:
The Jungle

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 19, 12 at 9:39pm
Chad

Haha, makes sense to me man. I've invoked that same style for a while now, and a rule that I loosely use to keep my paragraphs of appropriate lengths is Neoseeker's PM system. Don't get me wrong, a variety of paragraph lengths can be good, but for the most part, I'll type out the review in a NeoPM (to myself, haha) and after the whole box is filled up with text, try not to go too many sentences over. Instead, just complete that thought, and even if the next topic pretty darn close or covering the same area of the product, start a new paragraph and let the words spill out again. I've found it to be a good gauge anyway, haha.

Jun 19, 12 at 8:00pm
Virtue

Yes, that's about as accurate as you can make it haha. I tend to use a lot of detail (perhaps too much at times) when writing, sometimes to the point where it seems like a collection of thoughts thrown together without specific organization. This becomes an annoyance espicially when writing reviews. I'd like to focus on the most compelling points to purchase or not purchase a game, but that tends to get concealed by detail. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. That's the best way I can describe it unfortunately.

Jun 19, 12 at 6:56pm
Dark Arcanine

No problem. I'm going to guess your style of writing is you just let it flow until you hit the conclusion? The practice of doing that process in your head and then separating ideas and writing a review plan could help you control the size of your paragraphs and to maintain your depth of analysis without losing ideas to each other and whatnot. ^^

Jun 17, 12 at 6:57pm
Virtue

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Dark Arcanine, that's a good point, I'd like to break out of the habit of massive paragraphs and break them down so they're not quite as lengthy. Unfortunately, I tend to get long winded when it comes to reviewing/discussing. It's something I've always done, even on papers for college. I'll give it a shot though.

Jun 17, 12 at 5:10pm
Dark Arcanine

I really like the depth and writing style of your reviews. Having said that, I feel your paragraphing needs changing; some are rather large, and if that happens it normally means you have a few topics being discussed that would be better broken up into more paragraphs. ^^ Means you can better tackle the individual topics and makes it more accessible for your readers.

Jun 17, 12 at 4:58pm
Chad

I enjoy the style of your reviews man, definitely. Good use of images, you're good about not being dry when explaining things, etc. Nicely done.

Jun 16, 12 at 6:46pm
Virtue

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd start a thread here showing my upcoming/current reviews. Way back when, I used to write the occasional review. However, they were very mediocre and well...embarrassing to say the least.

I've decided just recently to come back and start writing (hopefully) better user reviews.I hope to keep this updated pretty frequently with new material. Feedback and suggestions are always appreciated. (Also, a big thanks to Chad for showing me that this forum did in fact exist)

Nintendo 3DS
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: Link

Nintendo 64
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Link
- Paper Mario 64 : Link
-Banjo-Tooie: Link
-Super Mario 64: Link

Nintendo GameCube
-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: Link
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door Link

Currently Reviewing:
The Jungle