Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Site/Forums Help and QA » Moderator Requests Q&A » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Please note that this forum is for questions about Neoseeker and its features. If you are wishing to ask about a particular game please seek out its profile and ask in the game's forum.Welcome to the Site/Forums Help and QA forum. Before asking a question, please check this thread first — your question may already have been answered.

hideOriginal Post

Jun 15, 12 at 9:11pmDynamite

Hey guys!

As you may have noticed, we have re-launched the moderator requests process. As a result, you can now apply to become a moderator here on Neoseeker and let us know that you're interested in volunteering to help out!

The Moderator Requests NeoWiki page provides all of the details you need to know in order to use the new system. This thread is for any questions or queries you may have regarding the system or the moderator selection process itself.

While anyone may answer queries posted here, and we're grateful to anyone willing to help out, please note that any answers should only be considered authoritative if coming from a super moderator or a category moderator as these two teams of people are directly involved in the processing of applications.

Thanks! We hope that you find our new system a little more interactive and accessible than the previous. Good luck with your applications!
- Tiffany

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 23, 14 at 11:26am
Benedict

quote Vast
Pikachu8me
Just a bit of advice: if you ever want to be mod, don't use that color.

The same for you

Jan 22, 14 at 8:01am
Pikachu8me

LIES. lol

Jan 22, 14 at 7:46am
Vast

Swampert X Mouldy Cheese
He was using this color.

Jan 22, 14 at 7:29am
Swampert X

Vast, what are you doing? You're frightening Pikachu8me from using mark-up that way.
Plus, less green from you plz

Jan 22, 14 at 7:26am
Mouldy Cheese

quote Vast
Pikachu8me

Coming from someone using greeen, gawsh.

Jan 22, 14 at 7:15am
Pikachu8me

Vast It's my favorite color D:<

Jan 22, 14 at 7:06am
Vast

Pikachu8me

Jan 22, 14 at 7:01am
Pikachu8me

quote Aurigae
I realise you're getting a lot of information thrown at you pikachu8me, but I just wanted to say this. ^^

Coming from a former Pokemod, your best bet would to be focus your attention onto one forum in the Pokemon community rather than a massive range. I focused on the forum where I felt that I could be the most use and worked on my skills whilst I was there. When I got offered the position, I took it and gained skills from my two "mentors" to get me going on other forums.

The best thing to do is keep being a friendly & helpful individual and, as Lorx said, try not to memberate. I am a massive believer in "good things come to those who wait" and it is the same for moderator opportunities, also.

I LOVE this reponse! I totally agree with you. And yeah, I am a very helpful and friendly individual. For example, Sometimes when Mods aren't around to tell people that their pokemon are basically hacked, I kind of wanna warn them that they should tell the people that are interested in the pokemon that they are hacked. Just because I hate people insulting one another because they gave them a faulty and unlegit pokemon when it's supposed to be a friendly community. And in my part. That's one of the things I do to keep the peace. And I totally agree with you on that quote. Good things do come to those who wait.

P.S. I got kind of excited you responded to my message because you're secretly my favorite mod <3

Jan 22, 14 at 6:52am
Pikachu8me

Lorx Aurigae Thanks for the responses!

Lorx
quote Lorx
quote Pikachu8me
Avalith Oh thanks for the response! I was hoping for a Pokemon Forum to have a need for Moderators but I guess not Sigh...
Pokemods come and go, as do games and our staffing needs for them.

Your best bet in the interim is to learn and grow as a member. If your goal is to moderate, great, may as well make sure you're prepared and are a solid candidate when the time comes. The wiki page for moderators lists being familiar with the sitewide rules, as well as being able to present yourself well in posts (able to effectively use markup appropriately, lack of txt speech and garbled nonsense, etc). Which is a good starting point to build with. From there it's about learning how to contribute and help the forums you visit. How to create and drive discussion is very important.
Yep. I know all those things and I don't believe I DON'T present myself well in my posts (Unless I feel like a jokester at the moment when it comes) And Yeah, It is a great start to build with. As for the "Discussion" part of the response... You're talking to the President of the Debate Club in High School ^___^ Haha

Jan 22, 14 at 5:33am
Aurigae

I realise you're getting a lot of information thrown at you pikachu8me, but I just wanted to say this. ^^

Coming from a former Pokemod, your best bet would to be focus your attention onto one forum in the Pokemon community rather than a massive range. I focused on the forum where I felt that I could be the most use and worked on my skills whilst I was there. When I got offered the position, I took it and gained skills from my two "mentors" to get me going on other forums.

The best thing to do is keep being a friendly & helpful individual and, as Lorx said, try not to memberate. I am a massive believer in "good things come to those who wait" and it is the same for moderator opportunities, also.