Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Diablo III » My Conflicts In Diablo 3 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 15, 12 at 9:56amcheatdude

This game is epic! I really like it! However, I've been feeling disturbed by some things.

First of all, my big brother started playing after me. He is a Demon Hunter. I am a Witch Doctor. He managed to pass me on Hell, and has 16k DPS (excluding the passive critical chance increase). Due to that, I've been trying to increase my damage (my brother discouraged me by saying my 2k dps sucks - it's 4k now) by grinding. He even gave me a weapon. What I do know is that some random people gave equips to him for free, and got imba damage weapons for just a few thousands of gold.
We are both in Act II by the way (he'll probably reach Act III today).
Also, I joined his game today, and then another friend of mine joined. We were 3. My brother just swiftly went on with the quest ALONE, against the super-strong enemies (due to more players in game). I'm not sure if this is tactics or whatever, but I'm really trying my best to survive in Hell...
-Conclusion : I think Demon Hunters are either IMBA or lucky...

Secondly comes the Auction House. It pretty much comes from the 1st case. I started bidding on some really cheap weapons so I can increase my damage, yet I don't want to end up being that person who relies on just the Auction House (though it's REALLY useful for selling!). This is a more complicated case...

Finally, it's new characters. Once again, I LOVE this game and I really want to try out new characters! However, I went through Act I soooo many times that thinking of it seems boring... I managed to reach some sort of challenge in Hell, and now I have to go through casual (in my opinion) gameplay in Normal Mode.
This is more of a question - how can I make the process seem more... fun?

Thanks alot for your attention, guys!

~cheatdude

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 25, 12 at 2:47am
diablomaster1388

D3 is one of the best RPG games i ever played it such fun playing on it. I was hooked so bad with this game..

Jun 20, 12 at 3:16am
cheatdude

Thanks!
Though in my case, they just give me gear without nothing for me to give, though I do try to offer.

Jun 20, 12 at 3:05am
LloydToS

If I'm levelling I grab the gear and use it, normal-hell is rather easy once you're used to inferno. Late hell is a bit of a challenge with some chars but I rather get to inferno as fast as possible since that's where the challenge is at. Another thing I do in groups is share loot, gear eachother. It doesn't help yourself if you don't trade with eachother. A few days ago for example I was playing with a wizard and demon hunter, I was a barbarian, and the demon hunter kept finding barbarian gear while I was finding demon hunter gear. It would only slow me down if I would reject giving eachother some gear.

Jun 19, 12 at 11:43am
cheatdude

I've noticed that the only challenge in the game is actually the Elite/Champion packs. It's due to the fact that the higher the difficulty, the wider the combo of their abilities. When it comes to regular mobs and bosses however, if you have an excellent gear, you can normally kill them on Inferno just as you killed them on Normal.
I actually managed to find new classes fun, despite the repetitiveness of the storyline, due to new skills to put to testing!

Today, my brother offered me some gear pieces better than what I have now. I didn't reject, and now I have them in my inventory. I don't think I'll be wearing them since it's not my earnings. He just threw them for me.
What do you think of this case?

Jun 18, 12 at 1:40pm
LloydToS

In D3 it's all about the journey I can tell you that, since chances are you will never get all the perfect gear you want. Perhaps not even a single end-game perfect item. I do agree though that it's a bit boring lvling up. Normal and nightmare are pathetic difficulties and even hell is only where the challenge slowly begins.

Jun 18, 12 at 9:38am
tekmosis

The whole point about playing HC is that you experience the game differently. You have to be more careful and aware of what you're doing, otherwise you could die. Being HC that'd mean permanent death. If your friends are helping you out, that's kind of cheating yourself from having a good time.

Jun 18, 12 at 8:06am
cheatdude

Thanks alot for the answer!
I made a Monk on Hardcore, and it's very fun!

But now, I seem to encounter something else:
Well, it's a stupid problem, but here it is: Some friends wanted to Power-level me with some trick in the game to get me prepared for Inferno, so they made me skip some acts in Hell. What I'm bothered about this is that I skipped a challenge. I know it's a bug that Blizzard will fix, but still. Also, they helped me get better items by killing elites for me, instead of me doing the job.
On the other hand, it's quite repetitive to go through everything for the 3rd time, knowing that there's gonna be a 4th time..
It's quite complicated to explain.

Jun 15, 12 at 10:10am
tekmosis

You shouldn't be focusing solely on DPS once you get to Hell and Inferno. On Hell, you probably want to look for vit/dex gear with life on hit and attack speed modifiers. I just finished Hell a couple days ago with my Barb and I've been farming Inferno a bit. My DPS is 30k, up to 50k after buffs but most of my gear has attack speed % and str.

There's a flaw with item drops in Hell and Act I inferno where it doesn't really prepare you for later on, which I believe they're addressing in the 1.0.3 patch. Good items drops are rare so you're pretty much forced to buy from the AH. I never bid since it takes too long and chances are, if the item is good enough someone else will just do a buyout. I suggest you do buyout as well.

how can I make the process seem more... fun?
Play on Hardcore.

Jun 15, 12 at 9:56am
cheatdude

This game is epic! I really like it! However, I've been feeling disturbed by some things.

First of all, my big brother started playing after me. He is a Demon Hunter. I am a Witch Doctor. He managed to pass me on Hell, and has 16k DPS (excluding the passive critical chance increase). Due to that, I've been trying to increase my damage (my brother discouraged me by saying my 2k dps sucks - it's 4k now) by grinding. He even gave me a weapon. What I do know is that some random people gave equips to him for free, and got imba damage weapons for just a few thousands of gold.
We are both in Act II by the way (he'll probably reach Act III today).
Also, I joined his game today, and then another friend of mine joined. We were 3. My brother just swiftly went on with the quest ALONE, against the super-strong enemies (due to more players in game). I'm not sure if this is tactics or whatever, but I'm really trying my best to survive in Hell...
-Conclusion : I think Demon Hunters are either IMBA or lucky...

Secondly comes the Auction House. It pretty much comes from the 1st case. I started bidding on some really cheap weapons so I can increase my damage, yet I don't want to end up being that person who relies on just the Auction House (though it's REALLY useful for selling!). This is a more complicated case...

Finally, it's new characters. Once again, I LOVE this game and I really want to try out new characters! However, I went through Act I soooo many times that thinking of it seems boring... I managed to reach some sort of challenge in Hell, and now I have to go through casual (in my opinion) gameplay in Normal Mode.
This is more of a question - how can I make the process seem more... fun?

Thanks alot for your attention, guys!

~cheatdude