Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » 3 questions. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jun 15, 12 at 1:28amblackomega34

Alright, I have had some trouble over these 3 things that I cannot dig up for myself.

1: Bows, I have liked bows even if they ate up 75% of my resources (specializing in elements is hard but it pays off) I cant find a single armor set with a skill that involves the bow (like the one where you get an extra charge)

Can anyone give me some armor sets for bows? the earlier in the game the better. I am HR3 and in the first nekoht tier.

2: Evade +2 does not do a thing for me, it has never saved me from anything. I look to its more useful cousin, the evade distance up skill. What is the earliest time I can get that and what armor gives it.

3: I am desperate to master every weapon class but I find the HBG and the GS giant pieces of trash (I cant kill a kut ku with the crimson goat or the blue claw blade) and cannot kill anything save a mosswine and a gaoren with the HBG (None of them can kill you and dont ever move so I dont need to dodge. (died by a giadrome because of low mobility)
Should I practice with these weapons or should I cast them aside and take out my new, shiny anything that is not a GS or HBG?

TLDR; 1: Any armor sets for bow skills?
2: Where can I get evade up?
3: Should I use the GS and HBG when I cant use them well?

Thanks in advance!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 28, 12 at 5:27am
Savirez

1. Ceanataur armor: Pierce S/bow up, Presicion, and -20 defense, but i don't think a bow user will take much hit... but if you are, it can be counter by Defense jewel... It's pretty good armour for HR1+.

If you need power, i recommend Monoblos armour which will give you: Health +30, and Adrenaline +1 it has a total of 6 slots, you can fill 5 of them with Danger jewel ( Battlefield jewel, Monoblos spine, Wyvern skull shell) and Voila! you get Adrenaline +2 which will increase your Defense by 90+ and attack by 30% when your HP is below 40%.

2. Dunno

3. You should do a lot more practice using GS. It's really effective against everything due to the raw damage it has, and better yet, the 3 level charge, make it the most powerful weapon in MHFU. Yup, i agreed with gn_x00 you should watch the GS charge guide by Naijiao, it's really usefull

Jun 18, 12 at 4:32pm
gn_x00

quote Rathalos_123_mhfu
I did die when Ukanlos did that swimming move
someone managed to do that actually. I got some videos, too bad I forgot what's the youtube name of it.

Jun 18, 12 at 9:47am
RaThaLoS 123 MhFu

That's when you have a sharp sword skill with 20 whetstones

Naa, my strat maybe pointless, but I like playing my quests epic. eg. Trying to Full level 3 charge Ukanlos, while he's swimming, discarding my last 4-5 potions when a monster has about 900 hp left, the strat I gave, trying to fight dual tiggys at once in Land of tremors, yeah. Epic. Stupid. Crazy. But fun. I did die when Ukanlos did that swimming move, but yeah I love a challenge.

Jun 18, 12 at 1:41am
gogengantes

quote Rathalos_123_mhfu
It's the users pref, it's better sheathed, but I like unsheathed, with mega juice, you can roll, block, hit, roll block, if you press triangale, it takes time to pick your weapon back up? Roll, if you land on a spot where the monster could hit you, block, then hit. I think it's better than walking around hitting, and putting back your weapon.
Having your GS constantly unsheathed severely limits your mobility. It also takes longer to do a charge attack from an unsheathed stance than from the sheathed stance. Even with rolling, getting into the correct position to unleash a triple charge during an opening is much harder to do than when you're just able to run with your weapon sheathed.

Art of Unsheathing would be totally pointless at this point which is one of the major skills to have when using a GS.

And like Gn said blocking with a GS makes you lose sharpness really fast. Also seeing as some attacks can't be blocked without guard inc and you always get a sever push back, I almost never block attacks with my GS, only roars.

Jun 17, 12 at 5:14pm
gn_x00

quote Rathalos_123_mhfu
It's the users pref, it's better sheathed, but I like unsheathed, with mega juice, you can roll, block, hit, roll block, if you press triangale, it takes time to pick your weapon back up? Roll, if you land on a spot where the monster could hit you, block, then hit. I think it's better than walking around hitting, and putting back your weapon.
blocking with GS too much is a bad idea since it cut too much sharpness... I usually use GS only for blocking roars and some things which can't be evaded anymore

Jun 17, 12 at 10:40am
RaThaLoS 123 MhFu

Jun 17, 12 at 6:42am
gn_x00

quote blackomega34
I know about the small window and I know I did it properly. I try using the invulnerability thing but I have NEVER survived a mono/diablos charge by that. The charges never hit me otherwise because I am completely out of the way and this will probably be easier if I get more distance.
try using it in fight with Narga. It will be more help than for mono/diablos. for mono/diablos charge, it is easier to use evade up

quote blackomega34
This is why I want to at least get decent at them, I tried gunning a HR Khezu and a gaoren. Easy! Tried using anything else... Failed horribly. Tried meleeing a Tigrex and a Lunastra. Easy! Try gunning them, you know what. Never mind.
yeah it is hard, really hard, but still doable...

quote blackomega34
I am desperate to master every weapon class but I find the HBG and the GS giant pieces of trash (I cant kill a kut ku with the crimson goat or the blue claw blade) and cannot kill anything save a mosswine and a gaoren with the HBG (None of them can kill you and dont ever move so I dont need to dodge. (died by a giadrome because of low mobility)
Should I practice with these weapons or should I cast them aside and take out my new, shiny anything that is not a GS or HBG?
try watching Nijiao's GS charge guide in youtube. there should be:
1. "requirement" on the GS raw to flinch the enemy in every rank (for some rank)
2. "GS charging guide - tricks and fact-
3. Charge guide on Narga, Tigrex, Rajang, Plesioth, White Fatalis, Rathalos, and Teostra

should be enough to start using GS...
ah... and I hope you already understand when you take your 1st GS to battle. the weapon is not meant to be use like SnS. the mobility is low, that's why when you use it, you need to sheath it back every after use.
that's why the one which is most useful tactic in GS is Unsheath Charge-> monster flinch (not a problem even if it is not flinched) -> sheath back.

GS is meant to be sheath more often than not

Jun 17, 12 at 5:13am
RaThaLoS 123 MhFu

No problamo ; ¡

Jun 17, 12 at 4:56am
blackomega34

quote gogengantes
1: If you complete all the normal training missions with every weapon you get a helmet that gives you capacity up. It's an often used item in custom armor bow sets. For the rest rapid charge (focus) is also good because you charge your bows faster. The shot boosting skills (normal, pellet and pierce) also influence the bow shots (rapid = normal, pierce = pierce and spread = pellet). Element attack up can also be a usefull skill (especially for bows) if the monster is weak enough to that particular element. I haven't really fought much with bows in high rank but look for armors that give these skills. This is pretty monster specific most of the times though. If you're fighting a monster where pierce shots are more useful, having an armor with rapid S up won't come in handy. Also for some bows the shot that you would unlock with capacity up could be a worse shot than the shots you have available.
I did not know about the normal/pellet/pierce skills with bows. This will be... Grizzly.

quote gogengantes
2: With evade +2 you still need to roll at the right time. It's not enough to just roll, you have to time it correctly as well. During normal rolls (without evade) you have a tiny window of time where you could roll to not get hit by an attack. This is very difficult to do most of the times so with evade +1/+2 they increase the time window a bit. Evade +1 or +2 makes you invulnerable during a small window of time which is imo much more usefull than rolling further. The narga S armor with the conga U bracers gives evade inc iirc.
I know about the small window and I know I did it properly. I try using the invulnerability thing but I have NEVER survived a mono/diablos charge by that. The charges never hit me otherwise because I am completely out of the way and this will probably be easier if I get more distance.

quote gogengantes
3: You don't HAVE to learn to fight with every weapon type in order to complete the game (hell you can complete the game by using only one type), but it can be much easier and especially faster to kill certain monsters with a certain weapon type compared to other types.
This is why I want to at least get decent at them, I tried gunning a HR Khezu and a gaoren. Easy! Tried using anything else... Failed horribly. Tried meleeing a Tigrex and a Lunastra. Easy! Try gunning them, you know what. Never mind.

quote gogengantes
The reason you can't do anything with a GS or a HBG is because you're probably using them wrong. They can be some of the most destructive weapons in the game if you know how to fight with them. I suggest you read Mazereon's bowgun compendium and watch some of his vids to learn more about using HBG. I recommend you do the same thing for GS.
Great ideas, I will try these out. Well, as soon as I find internet again.

quote Rathalos_123_mhfu
3.Your a hr3 fighter in nekhoth 7* who wants to master all weapon tiers? I haven't seen a guy so determined!
But tbh, Great swords are one of the best weapons in this game, but what I learned was that all the weapon types in this game are balanced, use anything, if you have a HH member on your team online your lucky, you don't need any skill except flute expert. GS has 3 charges low med hi, the thing I think you need practice is rolling/evading attacks, heavy weapons? Dodge!
Point taken. I understand that dodging is important but to dodge you have to get distance. I can dodge but a dodge is not enough to dodge something, you have to get some distance by walking too, I can dodge a Diablos with the sns because I can take 3 steps and then dodge to evade the charge fully, if I try to just press X it will not be far enough and he will run me over. I try to dodge and I love it! hahaha.
Edit: I just noticed that I might be able to use a GS if I get Evade inc. Thanks for linking it together for me!

Jun 16, 12 at 8:04pm
RaThaLoS 123 MhFu

1. What he said =)
2. Narga s
3.Your a hr3 fighter in nekhoth 7* who wants to master all weapon tiers? I haven't seen a guy so determined!
But tbh, Great swords are one of the best weapons in this game, but what I learned was that all the weapon types in this game are balanced, use anything, if you have a HH member on your team online your lucky, you don't need any skill except flute expert. GS has 3 charges low med hi, the thing I think you need practice is rolling/evading attacks, heavy weapons? Dodge!