Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jun 12, 12 at 9:57amGolden Miru warrior

'Spartacus' to end next year with third season
On Monday, STARZ announced that the third season of "Spartacus" will conclude the hit series. Following "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" and "Spartacus: Vengeance" -- not to mention the prequel series, "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" -- Season 3 will be titled "Spartacus: War of the Damned."

The news comes as a surprise, as "Spartacus" has been a consistent hit for STARZ, but the decision wasn't made by the network. In fact, executive producer Stephen S. DeKnight decided to wrap up the saga. "The fans have been tremendously supportive of our show. We did not come to this decision lightly," he says in a statement. "It was an extremely difficult and emotional decision for my partners and I. Yet, in the end, the story was best served by rolling all of the remaining action and drama of Spartacus' journey into one stunningly epic season that will be extremely satisfying for everyone who's been along for the ride."

In addition to Liam McIntyre as Spartacus, other favorites will be returning to the show -- including Manu Bennett as Crixus, Dustin Clare as Gannicus, Dan Feuerriegel as Agron, Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Naevia, and Ellen Hollman as Saxa. Todd Lasance will be joining "War of the Damned" as Gaius Julius Caesar.
quote Episode Listing
3x01 "Enemies of Rome" January 25, 2013		
3x02 "Wolves at the Gate" February 1, 2013
3x03 "Men of Honor" February 8, 2013
3x04 "Decimation" February 22, 2013
3x05 "Blood Brothers" March 1, 2013
3x06 "Spoils of War" March 8, 2013
3x07 "Mors Indecepta" March 15, 2013

I'm not completely caught up on this series, there are clearly benefits in not prolonging a story like this though. Love what they've been doing so far and the news is thoroughly exciting though. Bring on Caesar.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 13, 13 at 3:55am
zanderman

Yeah Kafani , What was weird though is that you expect them to have a dedication to Andy, instead it was In Memory of somebody else.

Saxa and Lugo were the toughest deaths for me, because you knew everybody else was gonna die. Flaming Lugo hitting people with his hammer was awesome. Navea finally dead. Meh Gannicus, at least he got a final sex scene (she had some nice tits), though his final sex scene should have been with a good 5-6 girls.

Apr 13, 13 at 3:38am
Splitr

what an amazing ending

Apr 13, 13 at 3:00am
Kafani

One of the most epic conclusions I've seen in a TV show, period. I was worried that they were going to muck things up and end things anti-climatically, especially since so many characters were still alive up until the last episode, but damn, I was blown away. I was pretty choked up by the end, and kudos for showing Onemaius and the original Spartacus again during the end credits.

Gladiator is responsible for bringing Ancient Roman period pieces back into the public interest, but I think Spartacus carried on the legacy very well. I'm gonna miss this show.

Apr 07, 13 at 7:28am
zanderman

Because Spartacus and Crixus were bro's since half-way through the first season, he should be the one to avenge him, especially because his death was bullshit. Yeah, if Navea killed him people would have been pissed.

Apr 07, 13 at 3:55am
Splitr

quote zanderman
Friggin' knew that Kore was going to be the one that killed Tiberius, but mehhhh I wanted it to be Spartacus. Glad Agron survived, not sure why Crassus would give him up though.The fact that he survived this leads me to believe that he will be one of the only one's to survive next week.
Why spartacus? I'd prefer caeser to kill em. Glad naviae didnt kill em

Apr 06, 13 at 9:05am
zanderman

Friggin' knew that Kore was going to be the one that killed Tiberius, but mehhhh I wanted it to be Spartacus. Glad Agron survived, not sure why Crassus would give him up though.The fact that he survived this leads me to believe that he will be one of the only one's to survive next week.

Apr 06, 13 at 8:30am
Kafani

Damn, epic episode and my favorite of the season. It was good to see Spartacus and Gannicus being gladiators again, I remember back in the first season and Gods of the Arena, the fights were the only parts worth tuning in for. The later two seasons became about slavery rebellion, and the story kept a good pace, but I definitely missed seeing the arena fights.

Also good to see Agron alive and back with the rebellion, I thought for sure he was dead. Can't wait for the finale.

Mar 25, 13 at 10:00am
Splitr

agron isn't dead. in the trailer for next episode u can see hem getting crucified

Mar 24, 13 at 10:47pm
Kafani

Tiberius looks like he came out of High School Musical. His solution to every problem is to stick his little wiener in it. As for his death, I see either Caesar sticking a sword up his ass, or that slave girl sticking a sword up his ass.

Mar 24, 13 at 6:20am
zanderman

Yeah apparently Crixus took a lot of men. Tiberius needs to *bleep*ing die. I hate that little asshole. Caesar or Kore should probably be the one to do it, but I want Spartacus or Gannicus to avenge Crix and Aggron.