Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Flash bombs and traps are for noobs » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jun 09, 12 at 4:20amFlashbomblover

Not. Consider the following points, you so-called elites.

1. Why are flash bombs and pitfall traps in the game?
2. Is it not the job of a hunter to use everything he can to hunt a monster, just like how a wyvern does everything it can to survive? Isn't that the whole point?
3. Imagine for a minute that you are a wyvern. Naturally, you want to do everything you can to end the hunter threatening your life. You spam High Roar, hipcheck, paralyze, faint or sleep. If a wyvern is this relentless, why should hunters step down from using what they can?

I have nothing against people who don't use bombs/traps for speed runs or as a challenge. These "elite" shouldn't just be telling everyone "hey don't use flash bombs they make you a bad hunter".

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 20, 12 at 5:02pm
hourglass

Sry about the double post but I can't edit my posts as a guest. But capcom does notice the cheapness of this tactic. In tri flashbombs can't be spammed. After the first flash the monster recovers in about a second. Same with traps.

Jul 20, 12 at 4:28pm
hourglass

Wow, this topic is so simple I don't know why ppl don't get it. Using an occasional flash is fine I guess, but to use it in place of actually learning the monsters moveset is what makes noobs, noobs. Now with that said if your farming for a heavenly and you really don't want to fight a los for the hundreth time then go spam. If you can't fight the monster without a flash then well you get the point.

Jul 18, 12 at 12:41am
nith

quote redpyrohunter
Do any of u play monster hunter freedom unite any more?
yes

Jul 17, 12 at 12:01pm
redpyrohunter

Do any of u play monster hunter freedom unite any more?

Jul 17, 12 at 9:37am
RaThaLoS 123 MhFu

Aah end this bloody topic it's *bleep*ing annoying!

In conclusion, flashes and traps are good but spamming them is not so good for some people.

Jul 12, 12 at 10:36pm
PhantomTsuki

If you're spamming flashes just because the game doesn't stop you, then why not go on ahead and justify the use of glitches and safe spots. The game doesn't stop you. If Capcom really wanted to make the Plesioth harder, they would have taken out the ledges, right? This is called exploitation, and while it's ok in single-player games, people will kick your ass when you do it in multiplayer versus games.

Jul 12, 12 at 7:16pm
subzero

cool topic

Jul 11, 12 at 5:23am
gn_x00

HGE = cost 20 skill point
Flash bomb = cost only inventory slots

if you're spamming flash bomb, you can use armor with S+1, RA+3, Sharp Sword then bring magnitude and you will get a really damaging set and use one of the most damaging weapon (with that armor skill combo) and get yourself attacking a monster which don't do anything except doing things blindly.
but if you use HGE, you can't get S+1, RA+3 and SS in the same armor set. it lower your damage output really high in exchange of the "safe in a split second when monsters roar"

and if you want to compare HGE is useless on monster that don't roar and flash bomb on monsters that can't be affected (just say shogun or daimyo)... It's a waste of time from the start to use it, I don't want to waste any more time arguing about that.

Spamming Flash bomb make monsters more dangerous

quote nith
You can choose to make the game harder for yourself and "more rewarding" but the majority of players won't be like maze and yourself. You are the exceptions to modern gaming communities in so far as you take games to extremes.
you chose it yourself. I don't need to argue since I won't do it... except if you think that Rathalos's tail whip, bite and taunt is dangerous... I don't know what more to say to this

Seriously though, this debate will never end since the people who likes to spam the flash will try to make it looks 'right' with comparing it to other game mechanic which is completely different or just saying that it is legal since it is made like that

Why they make it so that you can bring 10 flash bug?

Thunder S. honestly I think it is bad and I prefer they use thunder s= huskberry + thunder bug

Jul 11, 12 at 2:53am
nith

quote gogengantes
What a crap argument... This is a GAME. Saying stuff like "imagine it in real life" is just nonsense.
Yeah its a game and in a game you play the game as it was designed. MHFU has gone through several iterations before and as such has probably been tuned. It can be argued that flash spam was an oversight that can be abused in multi but i haven't reveiwed the flash spam capability of tri or 3rd which were designed as multiplayer games first and foremost so If its still the same levels of flash then I would confidently say it is by design. If it has been decreased then you are probably right.

You can choose to make the game harder for yourself and "more rewarding" but the majority of players won't be like maze and yourself. You are the exceptions to modern gaming communities in so far as you take games to extremes. Relative to you 95% of people on this thread probably are noobs.

Also I rate flash usage in the same bracket as using HGE because some monster don't roar so hge is useless and some monsters are unaffected by flash which makes it useless. Roaring is sometimes spammed by some monsters giving you way more attack time and equally some monsters go nuts when flashed making them more dangerous.

Jul 08, 12 at 10:22am
gogengantes

quote Savirez
We used every Technology we can get. imagine, if you fight 1 by 1 with a large Wyvern, without a technology we would be a pile of useless meat... That's what "Human" hunter do. Now, get naked, and fight Kut-ku with only kicks, and taunt like all wyvern's do...
What a crap argument... This is a GAME. Saying stuff like "imagine it in real life" is just nonsense.