Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Last of Us » The Infected » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 08, 12 at 1:27pm

The Infected

The Infected
Infected2.png
One of The Infected
Race Human / Infected

The Infected is one of the main groups of enemies in The Last of Us for the Sony Playstation 3. They are regular humans that have been infected by the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus.

[edit] Appearance

Because The Infected have been hit badly with the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis virus, they no longer appear to be solely human. Instead of having their normal face, they are warped to a form that varies between the creatures. However, they still appear to be human, just with the destroyed face.

[edit] Traits

The Infected act as wolves when they swarm. They are often seen in packs, and they always go in snarling and have been seen travelling on all fours. However, they are able to stand, as seen when one attacks Joel. They now have a taste for blood, similar to that of a bat, and try to bite into humans.

Despite their warped appearance, they still share some of the weaknesses of a normal human. In a trailer, Ellie stabs one of the monsters, causing it to recoil and jump off of Joel, showing that they still can be harmed in that way.

So it seems to be a pretty crazy infection that spreads through blood or saliva contact through your stream possibly like Zombies? That is just my first guess but it could have spread another way. I like their design though and I think they will be quite creepy and challenging if they are as fast as they were on the trailer during gameplay. I wander if they will take the prominent enemy role or if they will take a smaller spot to the hunters we saw in the gameplay trailer, only time can tell.

What are your opinions on the popcorn people?

Whelan Symphonic Abyss Happy now? :3

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 06, 13 at 2:31pm
Yogurt

I don't think there would be bosses, at least nothing major. Perhaps one at the end, but more of a harder part in the game, rather than some boss creature.

Feb 06, 13 at 12:47pm
Agent Mo

I don't think there will be any bosses. If any they'd be human, and would be similar to any Uncharted bosses (no major mutation or anything, more down to earth type of boss).

Feb 06, 13 at 11:06am
Yogurt

It sounds awesome. I wonder if there will be a boss or a few bosses.

Feb 06, 13 at 11:04am
nnnddd101010

Yogurt Yeah, the third type is supposed to be in between runners and clickers, I think.

Feb 05, 13 at 5:31am
Yogurt

There's three types of Infected; runners, clickers and a secretive one. I wonder what the secretive one will be like and if they will showcase it before the game is released, even just for a very short while.

Jan 06, 13 at 9:10am
X-88MPH

The design is absolutely frekin' amazing, and if they're anything like the Ancestors from Uncharted 1, they're definitely going to give me a hard time whilst playing the game. I do wonder if the Infected are going to be limited to humans? Will we see some infected animals?

I wonder....

Sep 28, 12 at 8:13am
aparkes333

The infected "clickers" i assume would act like the flood in halo, in relation to other enemy types, i.e. dumb and go straight for you so normal ways of play "point a gun at the enemy and they run" wont work. I'm reading up on it here if you wanna have a look guys: http://gamewise.co/games/45504/The-Last-of-Us

Sep 27, 12 at 2:50pm
Agent Mo

I think they're going to be a LOT worst. After all, it is half a game dedicated to these guys.

Ofoajs;dfjsdaf;j

Sep 27, 12 at 1:28pm
Boo

quote Agent Mo
Exactly, they're a unique design of 'monster'.
Do you expect anything less from Naughty Dog?

Oh and if they're anything like the Nazi zombies/spanish mummies in Uncharted 1, they're going to be so terrifying I won't sleep for a week.

Sep 27, 12 at 1:05pm
Agent Mo

Exactly, they're a unique design of 'monster'.