Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Last of Us » Joel » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 08, 12 at 12:52pmVicarious

Read this at your own discretion guys it explains a lot about Joel you might want to figure out yourself by playing. But it shouldn't really spoil anything about the game I wouldn't figure.

Joel

Joel
JoelConceptArt.jpg
Joel, as seen in The Last of Us
Gender Male
Race Human
Voiced by Troy Baker

Joel is one of the leading characters in the playstation 3 exclusive title The Last of Us, developed by Naughty Dog. He is a survivor of the plague with a passion for violence.

[edit] History

Twenty years after the plague has all but wiped out the human race, Joel is notorious among the people of the Boston quarantine zone to smuggle drugs and weapons into the camp. Sometime before the start of the game he promised a dying friend to look after Ellie, a young teenage girl of 14 from a nearby boarding house. During their escape, the military discover their plans and start their pursuit, chasing them from one side of the United States to the other.

[edit] Personality

Joel can be described as a violent thug, brutal killer and a torturer. He has shown competency in combat abilities and knows guns better than people. He seems not to care about the other survivors, except for Ellie, and has shown to be hostile toward the others.

Joel has been alive since before the plague, as a man shown in his late fourties, and knows of a more peaceful time. Since the plague his necessity to follow morality has diminished and geared more toward a necessity to survive. the game director, Bruce Stanley, has said "What he wouldn't do in the past is almost a daily occurrence at this point,".

[edit] Weapons

I have to say wow when I read about his character. Seems he will definitely have a lot of progression throughout the game. Really really excited about that.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 05, 13 at 5:13am
Yogurt

I like this guy. He's awesome.

Jun 18, 12 at 10:19am
nnnddd101010

quote haalyle
Who else when watching the trailer of this on Uncharted TV, for the first time. Got him confused with Nathan?

I accidentally did, until I watched it fully.

I think it's fairly decent, average and cool.
I like how he's a little different than in any other games that I've played where all they care about is 'we have to find the survivors'.

I think dad might be something like this, if something like this did happen.
Well, I, like most people, saw the trailer online or on TV when Naughty Dog debuted it at the VGA's.

I also agree with you and Agent Mo in that I think it's good that he seems like a real, believable, normal guy.

Jun 17, 12 at 12:52am
haalyle

Who else when watching the trailer of this on Uncharted TV, for the first time. Got him confused with Nathan?

I accidentally did, until I watched it fully.

I think it's fairly decent, average and cool.
I like how he's a little different than in any other games that I've played where all they care about is 'we have to find the survivors'.

I think dad might be something like this, if something like this did happen.

Jun 09, 12 at 2:17pm
Agent Mo

It makes sense though. Having a character who isn't in it to survive would be a bit cliche, Joel is meant to be an 'average person'.

I don't know that's just how i see it. Not saying he's an amazing character, i do much prefer Ellie, but i like him enough

Jun 09, 12 at 2:15pm
Symphonic Abyss

quote Agent Mo
quote Symphonic Abyss
He's developed from a soft-hearted dude to someone who's only care is survival. In this world, I would think that'd be normal.
What's wrong with that? I may have misunderstood you, but to me that's a great thing.
I just feel like it's going to be overdone in this world. I like Joel, but he hasn't impressed me too much yet. We have the Survivors (I'll link to the wiki page when it's actually up...) who are only in it to survive. It happens.

Jun 09, 12 at 8:16am
Agent Mo

quote Symphonic Abyss
He's developed from a soft-hearted dude to someone who's only care is survival. In this world, I would think that'd be normal.
What's wrong with that? I may have misunderstood you, but to me that's a great thing.

Jun 09, 12 at 5:20am
Dragoon

I quite like him. When I first saw him he looked like quite a lovable character, but his background begs to differ.

Jun 08, 12 at 8:41pm
Symphonic Abyss

Honestly, I'm not too impressed by the guy yet. He's developed from a soft-hearted dude to someone who's only care is survival. In this world, I would think that'd be normal. Only thing I like about him is that he saved Ellie, which was honestly pretty cool. That's what was heroic.

Jun 08, 12 at 4:48pm
Agent Mo

I like that we have a more darker main character than usual. I can definitely see this coming into play at some point during the story.

Jun 08, 12 at 12:52pm
Vicarious

Read this at your own discretion guys it explains a lot about Joel you might want to figure out yourself by playing. But it shouldn't really spoil anything about the game I wouldn't figure.

Joel

Joel
JoelConceptArt.jpg
Joel, as seen in The Last of Us
Gender Male
Race Human
Voiced by Troy Baker

Joel is one of the leading characters in the playstation 3 exclusive title The Last of Us, developed by Naughty Dog. He is a survivor of the plague with a passion for violence.

[edit] History

Twenty years after the plague has all but wiped out the human race, Joel is notorious among the people of the Boston quarantine zone to smuggle drugs and weapons into the camp. Sometime before the start of the game he promised a dying friend to look after Ellie, a young teenage girl of 14 from a nearby boarding house. During their escape, the military discover their plans and start their pursuit, chasing them from one side of the United States to the other.

[edit] Personality

Joel can be described as a violent thug, brutal killer and a torturer. He has shown competency in combat abilities and knows guns better than people. He seems not to care about the other survivors, except for Ellie, and has shown to be hostile toward the others.

Joel has been alive since before the plague, as a man shown in his late fourties, and knows of a more peaceful time. Since the plague his necessity to follow morality has diminished and geared more toward a necessity to survive. the game director, Bruce Stanley, has said "What he wouldn't do in the past is almost a daily occurrence at this point,".

[edit] Weapons

I have to say wow when I read about his character. Seems he will definitely have a lot of progression throughout the game. Really really excited about that.