Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » DmC - Devil May Cry » E3 Trailer and Release Date » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 06, 12 at 10:56amDeathman48

An article's up on Neo's homepage with a trailer and release date confirmed.

Whatever you feel about the reboot and the direction they've gone, from the gameplay sequences you can see the way Dante is fighting the enemies is definitely his style. I'll have to wait for more information to see how excited I get about the title, but I'm not dissuaded yet.

Lady_Sparda may have other ideas though.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 26, 12 at 1:32pm
Deathman48

I thought that would be your opinion Lady_Sparda haha. I think it also depends on what you play the games for, I was more than happy to play DMC3 over and over again for its kickass gameplay, but to some markets (the Japanese in particular) the storyline of such a game matters a whole hell of a lot.

I'm wondering what sort of weapons/powers will be available, but future trailers will hopefully give us a clue.

Jun 20, 12 at 10:16am
Lady_Sparda

You know me all too well, Deathman The interviews and official images and trailers so far have disgusted me and I have lost all hope and interest in the reboot. I'm much more excited for the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei 4 (teaser site) even if that means I'll have to buy a 3DS to play it.

Jun 16, 12 at 5:04pm
Jeremy

quote Deathman48
quote Jeremy
So this would be chronologically the first game in the series?
I don't think so, it looks like it's a reboot of the series so it doesn't take place in the continuity of the previous games as far as I can tell from the information that we have at the moment.
Oh I see. Well I guess this isn't the worst idea ever. Playing with a few other humanoid NPC's in-game shouldn't be bad. Any word on Vergil returning?

Jun 16, 12 at 1:35pm
Deathman48

quote Jeremy
I don't think so, it looks like it's a reboot of the series so it doesn't take place in the continuity of the previous games as far as I can tell from the information that we have at the moment.

Jun 15, 12 at 11:23pm
Jeremy

Seems pretty cool if you ask me. Can't wait to see Dante come into his demonic powers (even more so than in DMC3).

Should be pretty cool.

Jun 14, 12 at 2:07am
Dantess26

quote Deathman48
The combo animations may look the same, but does that really matter too much? It is Dante's style and means they're not getting completely detached from everything
Yeah, but that was my main issue with DMC4. Everything was the same as it's always been. Marionettes as horde enemies, re-using the WHOLE of Dante's movesets from DMC3, copy and pasting boss battles from other CAPCOM games (ahem, Onimusha).

It seems they go with something new- new setting, new storyline, new image for Dante- and then forget the smallest details that are in your face constantly. The basic enemies, the animations.

Jun 12, 12 at 5:21pm
Deathman48

quote Dantess26
Dante's lines are just sooooo cheesy and cliche. It all seems very hipster. *shudders*
I should have been the one to fill your DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!

The combo animations may look the same, but does that really matter too much? It is Dante's style and means they're not getting completely detached from everything. We won't really know too much more until we see what other weapons he can get his hands on I guess.

Jun 12, 12 at 10:37am
Dantess26

quote Deathman48
Whatever you feel about the reboot and the direction they've gone, from the gameplay sequences you can see the way Dante is fighting the enemies is definitely his style
I think that is the problem. For me at least. I find that the combo animations still look exactly the same as they did on the first Devil May Cry on PS2

I was on the verge of being converted from raging DMC fanboy to intruiged, open-minded and willing-to-give-it-a-go. The last gameplay footage in the streets (where we were properly introduced to the female character and Dante's voice acting) was good and got me thinking that maybe it won't be all bad after all...

but seeing this trailer made me die a little inside. Dante's lines are just sooooo cheesy and cliche. It all seems very hipster. *shudders*

Jun 06, 12 at 10:56am
Deathman48

An article's up on Neo's homepage with a trailer and release date confirmed.

Whatever you feel about the reboot and the direction they've gone, from the gameplay sequences you can see the way Dante is fighting the enemies is definitely his style. I'll have to wait for more information to see how excited I get about the title, but I'm not dissuaded yet.

Lady_Sparda may have other ideas though.